Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Huddle Report Is Beginning to do Their Prospect Write-Ups
Take 'em with a grain of salt or not, but it's always nice to read different takes on players; Boylhart's begun to do his QBs and he's done Sewell as well.

Check back every few days and surely there will be more write-ups.

https://www.thehuddlereport.com/talentboard.shtml
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2020, 11:48 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Take 'em with a grain of salt or not, but it's always nice to read different takes on players; Boylhart's begun to do his QBs and he's done Sewell as well.

Drew Boylhart does excellent write ups every year. He might only get to about 100 to 150 but still...

His Penei Sewell one is great lol.

Quote:STRENGTHS
Penei has the athletic talent to play any position on the line of scrimmage on either side of the ball. He has the athletic talent to play in the backfield as a running back or as an H- Back and I have no doubt as a Tight End. He is 6’ 6” with quick feet and gets out of his stance when blocking for the running game, with the explosiveness and power of a Rocky Mountain Big Horn Ram. He can change direction as well as any player on the field and has the lateral agility and explosiveness to mirror his opponent when pass blocking. Penei loves to go out to the second level to make blocks and is one of the best I have seen when going out to block for sweeps and screens since the hall of fame left tackle, Anthony Munoz. He shows leadership qualities through his play on the field and his energy is infectious and demands the players around him step up their game. I call him Penei (Penny) Sewell because he will be worth every penny of every contract he signs for his entire career.

CONCERNS
Penei can play too aggressive at times and will lose balance and create penalties…Oh crap. I got nothing.

BOTTOM LINE 1.27
In the 1980 Draft, the Lions selected RB Billy Sims, the Jets selected WR Lam Jones and the Bengals selected Anthony Munoz who was enshrined into the Football Hall of Fame in 1998. Billy Sims had a heck of a career until a knee injury ended it. Knee injuries were devastating injuries, and a big issue back then, bigger than they are now and Anthony had a knee injury that failed him on many teams’ draft boards at the time. I guess my point is that Penei’s play on the field is reminiscent of Anthony’s and I can’t believe the team that has the very first pick in this draft, would pass on selecting a player who has similar if not exactly the same talents, as Anthony with the same nasty play and leadership qualities who has no injuries…at least I wouldn’t. Penei reminds me of Anthony Munoz playing Left Tackle but if he played on the other side of the ball I’m convinced he would remind me of Reggie White. I don’t care what team has the first pick in this draft or even if that team has a pro bowl left tackle, I still do not pass up selecting this kid but that’s just me. All I can say is…if you pass on selecting this kid you’re a fool and will burn in the fires of failure for sure. There is no one in this draft that has the “potential” to be enshrined in the hall of fame (barring injury) then this kid. No quarterback, running back, receiver, pass rusher, cornerback, or any other player at any other position than Penei. Like I say, you draft with the information you have in front of you at the time of the draft and that’s my information. He is worthy of being selected as the first player in this draft. Remember to draft the obvious when the obvious is in front of you. Don’t look for excuses, nit-pick or overthink the process.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(12-19-2020, 11:48 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Take 'em with a grain of salt or not, but it's always nice to read different takes on players; Boylhart's begun to do his QBs and he's done Sewell as well.

Now I have to worry he makes it to #3, best evaluation I may have ever seen on any college player.

For those who say trade the pick, I say hell no if he is available when we pick!!!!!!!!!!
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
If you click over to the mock draft he is the only person that has the Bengals not selecting Sewell and has him going 4th. Pretty funny. His write up lacks anything tangible in comparison to a scout.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2020, 01:05 PM)yang Wrote: If  you click over to the mock draft he is the only person that has the Bengals not selecting Sewell and has him going 4th.  Pretty funny.  His write up lacks anything tangible in comparison to a scout.

Drew Boylhart is one of the better draftniks you'll find. He also boasts one of the highest hit rates.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(12-19-2020, 12:59 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Now I have to worry he makes it to #3, best evaluation I may have ever seen on any college player.

For those who say trade the pick, I say hell no if he is available when we pick!!!!!!!!!!

With the way Fields is playing today, it does make you worry. He looks terrible. We have to rely on the idea that the Jags love him enough to not field any trade offers.
Reply/Quote
Justin Fields' stock is dropping like a rock. Does that push Sewell upward in the draft conversation? I think it does. If Trevor Lawrence lays as big an egg as Fields did today, I certainly believe Sewell could go at 1 or 2.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I’m wondering if we’ll need to consider trading with Jax in order to draft Sewell. I could really see Jax drafting him if he’s the best player in the draft like so many are saying. Starting to doubt we have a shot at drafting him, but I guess we’ll find out in a few months. If that’s the case, a trade down wouldn’t be a bad option.
Reply/Quote

Does his chart mean he has Fields over Lawrence?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
After seeing Justin Fields only complete 44% of his 27 passes against Northwestern for 114 yards and 2 INTs yesterday, I worry if Jacksonville may want to get Sewell instead to replace Cam Robinson and get a QB in Rd 2. Robinson has not been a very good LT in the NFL to date. They might not see a big difference between Fields and Trask, Wilson, and Lance.

Luckily, we should see Ohio St in (at least) one more game, so hopefully Fields plays far better so that there's no way Jacksonville takes Sewell at 2.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-20-2020, 12:04 PM)ochocincos Wrote: After seeing Justin Fields only complete 44% of his 27 passes against Northwestern for 114 yards and 2 INTs yesterday, I worry if Jacksonville may want to get Sewell instead to replace Cam Robinson and get a QB in Rd 2. Robinson has not been a very good LT in the NFL to date. They might not see a big difference between Fields and Trask, Wilson, and Lance.

Luckily, we should see Ohio St in (at least) one more game, so hopefully Fields plays far better so that there's no way Jacksonville takes Sewell at 2.

Yes, Field showed some serious fluster and questionable decision making to a lot of eyeballs, yesterday.  Not to take anything away from Northwestern, as they played one hell of a defensive ball game for 3 quarters of the game.  They were the top ranked defense in the conference and in the Championship game for a reason.  

However that was likely a real eye opener for those targeting Fields in their draft plans.  He'll see well executed defensive game plans every week in the NFL.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2020, 06:01 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Justin Fields' stock is dropping like a rock.  Does that push Sewell upward in the draft conversation?  I think it does.  If Trevor Lawrence lays as big an egg as Fields did today, I certainly believe Sewell could go at 1 or 2.

Lawrence has been #1 since end of last season, and that is not changing. He is a lock at #1 , Jacksonville might trade back or will take either Fields or Sewell.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2020, 06:25 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Lawrence has been #1 since end of last season, and that is not changing. He is a lock at #1 , Jacksonville might trade back or will take either Fields or Sewell.

Well, seeing how my post was predicated on the possibility that Lawrence could have a bad game in the ACCCG, and he certainly did not, I think that makes my thoughts on that pretty much null and void.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Shit, I was in this subform to post about how I was coming around to the idea of trading out for more picks. Now I want Sewell even more.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2020, 11:50 PM)samhain Wrote: Shit, I was in this subform to post about how I was coming around to the idea of trading out for more picks. Now I want Sewell even more.

It may happen if he goes at 2
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2020, 06:01 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Justin Fields' stock is dropping like a rock.  Does that push Sewell upward in the draft conversation?  I think it does.  If Trevor Lawrence lays as big an egg as Fields did today, I certainly believe Sewell could go at 1 or 2.

It will come back.  Fields is a better athlete than Lawrence and Lawrence will be scrutinized for his play when he doesn't face a shitty ACC defense.  Look at his game against OSU and LSU.  Completed barely 55% of his passes.  His legs (and poor officiating) saved him in the OSU game. He won't run around in the NFL like that....not if he wants to survive.  

Fields has been exceptional when he has his receivers on the field.  He will blow people away in the combine.  I can't wait to watch the OSU and Clemson game.  I think Clemson will win, but it will be a hell of a game.  
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2020, 11:28 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Does his chart mean he has Fields over Lawrence?

Yep.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2020, 12:04 PM)ochocincos Wrote: After seeing Justin Fields only complete 44% of his 27 passes against Northwestern for 114 yards and 2 INTs yesterday, I worry if Jacksonville may want to get Sewell instead to replace Cam Robinson and get a QB in Rd 2. Robinson has not been a very good LT in the NFL to date. They might not see a big difference between Fields and Trask, Wilson, and Lance.

(12-20-2020, 12:15 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yes, Field showed some serious fluster and questionable decision making to a lot of eyeballs, yesterday.  Not to take anything away from Northwestern, as they played one hell of a defensive ball game for 3 quarters of the game.  They were the top ranked defense in the conference and in the Championship game for a reason.  

However that was likely a real eye opener for those targeting Fields in their draft plans.  He'll see well executed defensive game plans every week in the NFL.

He had a trash game against nw. Down 9 starters including wrs1,3,4, and 5. Down 30 players overall. Very limited practice time. Down 9 coaches as well. On the 2 picks wrs ran the wrong routes. Who knows how many wrong routes they ran the whole game? Just saying take the nw game with a grain of salt.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2020, 01:45 AM)Jpoore Wrote: He had a trash game against nw. Down  9 starters including wrs1,3,4, and 5. Down 30 players overall. Very limited practice time. Down 9 coaches as well. On the 2 picks wrs ran the wrong routes. Who knows how many wrong routes they ran the whole game? Just saying take the nw game with a grain of salt.

He needs to prove that the Northwestern game was an anomaly then by playing well against Clemson, as there will be thoughts in some people's minds that maybe he only played well against bad defenses.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote