Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Da Browns and Mayfield..
Perfect scenario.. Stains eat his contract and let him sit on the bench awhile then finally offload him to the Bengals as Burrow's backup.. Win/win  Mayfield gets revenge, we get Joe's legit backup..  I'm all for it.. Think the stains could be that dumb? 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2022, 08:03 AM)grampahol Wrote: Perfect scenario.. Stains eat his contract and let him sit on the bench awhile then finally offload him to the Bengals as Burrow's backup.. Win/win  Mayfield gets revenge, we get Joe's legit backup..  I'm all for it.. Think the stains could be that dumb? 

Hahahaha  LMAO

NO
Reply/Quote
I have no interest in Mayfield, but would like a better back up than Allen.
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2022, 08:03 AM)grampahol Wrote: Perfect scenario.. Stains eat his contract and let him sit on the bench awhile then finally offload him to the Bengals as Burrow's backup.. Win/win  Mayfield gets revenge, we get Joe's legit backup..  I'm all for it.. Think the stains could be that dumb? 

while mayfield would be a huge upgrade at backup QB  not sure he will be content there.

Right now the best play for the Browns is to hold mayfield till someones QB gets hurt.      (like when we traded palmer)
Reply/Quote
Mayfield's talent exceeds Allen's as a QB, but Mayfield as a career Burrow backup just isn't realistic.
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2022, 09:41 AM)Mer Wrote: I have no interest in Mayfield, but would like a better back up than Allen.

Agree

I think the Browns owner, coach, whatever nailed Mayfield's M.O. when he said something like "we want an adult QB". In other words he's a decent QB but not worth the baggage he brings along.
Reply/Quote
Want no part of the baker drama on this team

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2022, 03:20 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Want no part of the baker drama on this team

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As much as I agree, if we can get him for cheap, he'd be a lot better for us and give us some insurance if, God forbid, Joe has to come out for a few series.

Full disclosure, when I saw this, I was also like "hell no," but you need to put emotion aside and look at the upside.

Also, if any team's starter suffers an injury, we might be able to get a decent return in a trade.

As long as he knows his place and doesn't bring drama, I wouldn't mind the signing.
Reply/Quote
The Browns will trade him for a 6th or 7th round pick to dump his salary is my opinion. He is not expensive for a 1 year starter for a team, the issue a team buying would have is he becomes a free agent.

So unless a team can work out a longer term deal, his value will be low as him staying on the Browns seems to be very remote at this point. He would be a cancer and would likely just go through thru motions to be Watson's back up. Of course, Watson is likely to be suspended so Browns may hope they can keep him to start if that happens.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I assume they want to keep Baker to play during Watson's suspension. But he might not accept that.

Mayfield is a decent starting QB. He won't take a backup role unless he thinks he has a chance to win the starting job.
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2022, 03:29 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I assume they want to keep Baker to play during Watson's suspension.  But he might not accept that.

Mayfield is a decent starting QB.  He won't take a backup role unless he thinks he has a chance to win the starting job.

I don't disagree Fred. The issue now is will Baker give 100% if he asked to start during a Watson suspension. He literally played in 2022 with major injuries giving up his body short and long term. I am not sure if he would do that again, not for the BROWNS anyway.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Baker is still with them because they're asking too much for him and everyone knows he's going to be released anyway.  Rumors are that the Browns have been insisting teams take on his entire 18my/yr salary.  So they are asking for draft picks and to take on his salary, and no one is biting.

If they don't find a sucker, they'll release him whenever it lessens the financial hit (June 1?).  I've seen several talking heads discussing this.  I am sure there's something out there that can be googled.

Oh and he'll never play for the Browns again.  He's too emotionally involved and who could blame him after how he was treated.

Here's the latest conglomeration of news about BM as of the end of April - the money seems to be the big problem - https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/baker-mayfield-trade-rumors-news-updates-browns-2022-nfl-draft/nksjmxwe4cssforrrcrcmiey
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2022, 10:26 AM)Stewy Wrote: Baker is still with them because they're asking too much for him and everyone knows he's going to be released anyway.  Rumors are that the Browns have been insisting teams take on his entire 18my/yr salary.  So they are asking for draft picks and to take on his salary, and no one is biting.

If they don't find a sucker, they'll release him whenever it lessens the financial hit (June 1?).  I've seen several talking heads discussing this.  I am sure there's something out there that can be googled.

Oh and he'll never play for the Browns again.  He's too emotionally involved and who could blame him after how he was treated.

Here's the latest conglomeration of news about BM as of the end of April - the money seems to be the big problem - https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/baker-mayfield-trade-rumors-news-updates-browns-2022-nfl-draft/nksjmxwe4cssforrrcrcmiey

yeah it would be a mistake for the browns to try and play him lol.. They need to just eat the cost and let him go.

Guy potentially put his career on the line to play all last season badly injured.  They can at least let him find a new team
Reply/Quote