Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dak Prescott $40m/yr
Holy crap. This is going to kill the Cowboys like it did with the Vikings and Cousins.

Prescott is a good QB but he's nowhere near the tier-1 guys, and it's already hard for those teams to compete with the huge QB salaries.

$55m/yr just for a non-elite QB and a RB.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Pretty much my thoughts as well. Cowboys just shot themselves in the foot.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Almost 80% guaranteed?? Yikes.

Reply/Quote
I thought I read somewhere he's getting 70 million this year and like a 60 million signing bonus?
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't be surprised if the Cowboys are begging someone to take Dak off their plate, even offering picks just to take on the contract, sometime in the next 3 years.
Reply/Quote
If Burrow is what everyone expects him to be, imagine how stupid that contract extension is going to have to be....

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Personally, I think it's great that Dak got paid all of that money. But, then again, I really don't like Dallas to begin with.. Hilarious

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Awesome - Dallas just locked in continued mediocrity and losing for the next decade.
Reply/Quote
I think Dak is a really good QB. I'm just not sure he's that good ?
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2021, 01:03 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: I thought I read somewhere he's getting 70 million this year and like a 60 million signing bonus?

I didn't even see about the signing bonus but yeah I saw 70 mil this year and was like wtf?!  

That's what, almost 40% of their salary cap?!

Hilarious
Reply/Quote
No QB is worth that number, especially with the cap dropping. They just cap crippled themselves.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2021, 10:51 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: If Burrow is what everyone expects him to be, imagine how stupid that contract extension is going to have to be....

My thought as well. If Burrow becomes the QB we think he can be, his deal is going to make Dak's look sensible.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2021, 02:01 AM)Joelist Wrote: No QB is worth that number, especially with the cap dropping. They just cap crippled themselves.

I approve ThumbsUp

Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious
Reply/Quote
Stupid Jerry jacking up the market. It’s one thing for Mahomes to cross 40, but this is ridiculous.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2021, 12:21 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Holy crap. This is going to kill the Cowboys like it did with the Vikings and Cousins.

Prescott is a good QB but he's nowhere near the tier-1 guys, and it's already hard for those teams to compete with the huge QB salaries.

$55m/yr just for a non-elite QB and a RB.

with all the QBs available that was a bad move.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2021, 12:53 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: I didn't even see about the signing bonus but yeah I saw 70 mil this year and was like wtf?!  

That's what, almost 40% of their salary cap?!

Hilarious

Nah, that was referring to total money he was getting.

He got a $66m signing bonus, so the $75m year-1 earnings isn't the actual cap hit, but the total amount of cash he'll make.

His cap hit this year is $22.2m, so it's actually not bad THIS year. It's just a hilariously large amount of money overall for a 2nd tier QB.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2021, 11:00 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Nah, that was referring to total money he was getting.

He got a $66m signing bonus, so the $75m year-1 earnings isn't the actual cap hit, but the total amount of cash he'll make.

His cap hit this year is $22.2m, so it's actually not bad THIS year. It's just a hilariously large amount of money overall for a 2nd tier QB.

Makes more sense but it's still ridiculous.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2021, 03:29 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Makes more sense but it's still ridiculous.

Right i understand mahones getting a big deal as he won a SB....  But this guy hasnt done much of anything.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2021, 02:01 AM)Joelist Wrote: No QB is worth that number, especially with the cap dropping. They just cap crippled themselves.

Mahomes and Rodgers are.

Reply/Quote
Dak doesn't seem like the guy that can take over a game like Rodgers or Mahomes. Dallas is going to regret this signing. Weirdly though, ESPN coverage is so pro-Dak it's annoying.
Reply/Quote