Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dallas interviewing Marvin
I just heard this on the radio. Never saw that one coming.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I doubt it is for HC.

I bet a lot of teams would take him as DC.
Reply/Quote
Rooney Rule

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
https://www.cincyjungle.com/2020/1/4/21049595/marvin-lewis-meeting-with-cowboys-per-report?fbclid=IwAR3D7VWjd7u7V5xmPbqqbljjlMjzEf6mBEYlzIe5aaICY8HhKFNZjwERiBo
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
Any chance Bengals interview Lewis for DC
Reply/Quote
They are likely interviewing him as Zimmer's potential DC.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2020, 03:00 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I doubt it is for HC.

I bet a lot of teams would take him as DC.

I doubt the Cowboys hire a DC before a HC.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Watch Marvin get the job and win a playoff game there before the Bengals do.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2020, 03:13 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Any chance Bengals interview Lewis for DC

None
Reply/Quote
Jerry Jones

Outta the frying pan and into the fire Shocked
Reply/Quote
That would be the worst mistake Jerry Jones ever made...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
I'd be interested to see what Merv could do with a team without having one arm tied behind his back by a meddling, dim-witted, know-nothing owner.

Oh...ok, now I see the problem.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
It makes sense to me that Jerry would be interested in having Marvin as HC, as he has proven he can handle the type of relationship that occurs with the owner and GM being synonymous. To me JJ seems like a guy who would be easy to convince to roll the dice, so the things Marvin wants to change or add might be easier to do in Dallas, and could lead him to having great success.
Reply/Quote
I was literally talking about this last week to a coworker who is a cowboys fan. Marvin lewis i think could be a good fit there. Like whats already been said, hes used to dealing with a difficult owner, but hed have more freedoms on roster decisions that he never had here. And they already have a talented roster, so he wouldn't have to deal with a rebuild. And if he could win in the playoffs he could prove that it wasn't his coaching that was the problem here. Though if he loses or fails to make the playoffs thatd probably end his HC career.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2020, 03:23 PM)MasonDT70 Wrote: I was literally talking about this last week to a coworker who is a cowboys fan. Marvin lewis i think could be a good fit there. Like whats already been said, hes used to dealing with a difficult owner, but hed have more freedoms on roster decisions that he never had here. And they already have a talented roster, so he wouldn't have to deal with a rebuild. And if he could win in the playoffs he could prove that it wasn't his coaching that was the problem here. Though if he loses or fails to make the playoffs thatd probably end his HC career.

If Marvin wins a playoff game in Dallas or even a SB, that alone will speak volumes on our FO and organization as a whole.

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2020, 03:23 PM)MasonDT70 Wrote: I was literally talking about this last week to a coworker who is a cowboys fan. Marvin lewis i think could be a good fit there. Like whats already been said, hes used to dealing with a difficult owner, but hed have more freedoms on roster decisions that he never had here. And they already have a talented roster, so he wouldn't have to deal with a rebuild. And if he could win in the playoffs he could prove that it wasn't his coaching that was the problem here. Though if he loses or fails to make the playoffs thatd probably end his HC career.

Realistically he only has 1 more contract as a HC, regardless of the outcome.  As of right now, there are only 23 coaches ever to have more seasons as a HC, and only 16 have ever coached for 20 or more seasons.  I could see him signing a 5 year deal, and then it is off into the sunset.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2020, 03:08 PM)pally Wrote: Rooney Rule

Rooney Rule is dead.

Which minority did we interview before selecting Zac???
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2020, 03:47 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Realistically he only has 1 more contract as a HC, regardless of the outcome.  As of right now, there are only 23 coaches ever to have more seasons as a HC, and only 16 have ever coached for 20 or more seasons.  I could see him signing a 5 year deal, and then it is off into the sunset.

I could see this happening. But then again, I don't because he would have more support in Dallas than he did in Cincinnati. 

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2020, 03:47 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Realistically he only has 1 more contract as a HC, regardless of the outcome.  As of right now, there are only 23 coaches ever to have more seasons as a HC, and only 16 have ever coached for 20 or more seasons.  I could see him signing a 5 year deal, and then it is off into the sunset.
True. Also I imagine there aren't many HC that are older than lewis either.

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2020, 03:51 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: Rooney Rule is dead.

Which minority did we interview before selecting Zac???

Eric Bienemy and Hue Jackson
Reply/Quote