Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dalton 3rd in total Pro Bowl Votes
Brady 141,750
Rodgers 120,242
Dalton 114, 368
Freeman 103,334
Gronk 101,674

not a bad start! especially considering the top 2 are almost a given. After 2 losses Rodgers may see a slight downtick over the next week

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
It's a popularity contest, they say.

That looks pretty accurate as to where voting should be.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2015, 12:15 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: It's a popularity contest, they say.

Well it still is a popularity contest, it just so happens to be popular you have to be a great player. Sadly someones skill can be overlooked and they aint popular because of it...
Reply/Quote
Well we might as well vote

http://www.nfl.com/probowl/ballot
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-10-2015, 12:24 AM)SB50Champs Wrote: Well it still is a popularity contest, it just so happens to be popular you have to be a great player. Sadly someones skill can be overlooked and they aint popular because of it...

Andy Dalton is one of the least popular dudes in the NFL.

I do agree that it's mostly a popularity contest, but sometimes, the voters actually get it right.

I expect to see no less than 6 Bengals in this year, if the votes fall how they should...maybe even seven or eight.  Shit, pacman could even make it at two positions.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(11-10-2015, 12:39 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Andy Dalton is one of the least popular dudes in the NFL.

I do agree that it's mostly a popularity contest, but sometimes, the voters actually get it right.

I expect to see no less than 6 Bengals in this year, if the votes fall how they should...maybe even seven or eight.  Shit, pacman could even make it at two positions.

You won't see any.  They'll all be busy with the Super Bowl...
Reply/Quote
I was surprised that Marvin Jones is not even on the ballot and it is too bad Hewitt is listed at TE instead of FB
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-10-2015, 12:34 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Well we might as well vote

http://www.nfl.com/probowl/ballot

Got my votes in 

Reply/Quote
I think it's BS they have the Pro Bowl before the SB. The teams with players going to the SB playing in the Pro Bowl puts them at risk for injury. F-that.
[Image: Kongmoving.gif] Tiger
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2015, 04:58 AM)Adamantium Wrote: I think it's BS they have the Pro Bowl before the SB. The teams with players going to the SB playing in the Pro Bowl puts them at risk for injury. F-that.

No....just no...
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2015, 04:58 AM)Adamantium Wrote: I think it's BS they have the Pro Bowl before the SB. The teams with players going to the SB playing in the Pro Bowl puts them at risk for injury. F-that.

You...you don't watch football at all, do you?
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2015, 12:12 AM)pally Wrote: Brady 141,750
Rodgers 120,242
Dalton 114, 368
Freeman 103,334
Gronk 101,674

not a bad start!  especially considering the top 2 are almost a given.  After 2 losses Rodgers may see a slight downtick over the next week

Josh Freeman?

Morgan Freeman?

Oh right that guy Devonta Freeman. I can't even think of the last time Atlanta had a really good back. Warrick Dunn I think maybe

(11-10-2015, 04:58 AM)Adamantium Wrote: I think it's BS they have the Pro Bowl before the SB. The teams with players going to the SB not playing in the Pro Bowl makes it boring. F-that.

The Pro Bowl wasn't that great to begin with now it's even worse. If a team makes it to the Super Bowl they probably have several Pro Bowl players. Since they drop out of the game others are put in as replacements and get credit for making a Pro Bowl. Now that's dumb. I'll stick to the All-Pro honors.
Reply/Quote
Dalton def needs more recognition for how well he has been playing. He is leading an 8-0 team and has thrown for over 2,000 yards already this season. Every time a team has been undefeated this late in the season, they have made the playoffs, with 57% making it to the SuperBowl! I have confidence in Dalton and know we can continue this trend, which is why he should also be a pro bowl contender! I came across this podcast that compares Dalton to Boomer and the 1988 Superbowl bound bengals, it's a great listen if you are interested and also discusses 8-0 teams! https://realfootballnetwork.com/blog/2015/11/10/11-10-15-week-9-wrap-up/
Reply/Quote
Where's my button that states "I voted today"

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2015, 12:15 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: It's a popularity contest, they say.

Popularity contest or not, its nice to see Red get some national love.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2015, 12:24 AM)SB50Champs Wrote: Well it still is a popularity contest, it just so happens to be popular you have to be a great player. Sadly someones skill can be overlooked and they aint popular because of it...

some players get in for their work in past years... even as a bengals homer.. i try to vote for those that are playing the best in that season
Reply/Quote
While I hope Dalton doesn't go to the Pro Bowl, if he does I hope he lights it up. Even I was embarrassed for him last season's pro bowl.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2015, 12:12 AM)pally Wrote: Brady 141,750
Rodgers 120,242
Dalton 114, 368
Freeman 103,334
Gronk 101,674

not a bad start!  especially considering the top 2 are almost a given.  After 2 losses Rodgers may see a slight downtick over the next week

Man, does it feel good to see that. I kept hearing during the off season that due to his contract, the Bengals were stuck with Dalton for at least one more year. It made me so mad people were hanging so much on him despite being in his first year with Hue, and having limited-to-no Green, Jones, Eiftert, and Gresham.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2015, 01:33 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: While I hope Dalton doesn't go to the Pro Bowl, if he does I hope he lights it up. Even I was embarrassed for him last season's pro bowl.

they didnt play green at all for dalton... Football is much harder in the probowl as half assed practices with people you dont know. that said his 2012 probowl was much better
Reply/Quote
congrats to Andy! keep up the good work kid!!! and yes I can call him kid because I am a few months older than him Wink
Reply/Quote