Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dalton Article
From Bengals.com:

This article is worth your time.  I couldn't add much to it other than to say, I love the fact that our QB is not only a great player, but he is a great human being.  Most won't care.  I do.  

https://www.bengals.com/news/dalton-s-winning-ways-leading-bengals
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Yep, Andy Dalton is pure class....
Reply/Quote
Really happy for Andy right now, and not just because his success means team success.

I'm happy for him not just because of what he has endured but also for the way he has done it.

He never blames anyone when things are bad, never ever blows his own horn when things are going well. And who could ever blame him if he thumbed his nose at the legion of his "detractors?" But he operates on a higher plane than that.

He's a man of great character on and off the field.

And, he is really slinging it right now.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
He's a complete class act all the way around. Super Happy to have him.
Reply/Quote
No matter what he does or doesn't do on the field, he is a good man with alot of class and just happens to be an NFL quarterback.
I still can't believe the time he was booed at a charity softball game here several years ago. Phonies with no class booing a man with total class.
Reply/Quote
It's a lot easier to root for a guy like Dalton than some other QB situations around the league.

It's nice knowing that our QB prob goes home after the game to drink tea with his wife and read the bible, rather than being nervous that he is out forceably touching an uber driver.
Reply/Quote
He's got his priorities straight

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
He COULDN’T care less.
Reply/Quote
I also believe Dalton to be the best VALUE in the NFL. Aside from Brady's perennial discounted salary, Dalton's pay allows the team to keep the likes of Geno, Burfict, AJ, Gio, Eifert, Dre, etc.

A lot of teams that pay their QB the going rate for a top 5 QB have huge holes elsewhere because of the huge salary paid to their QB. That is why the Rams are going all in now, because once Goff gets his next contract...

Look no further than the Seahawks for an example of this.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2018, 09:51 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Take that shit to P&R. :paul:

To be fair the article in this thread which focused on Dalton’s religion was not posted in P&R either.

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2018, 10:44 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: To be fair the article in this thread which focused on Dalton’s religion was not posted in P&R either.

Duly noted.....didn't read it. :andy:  In the OP, it wasn't even mentioned? Nor was anything about Christianity mentioned in any replies until the one I quoted. I mean, I get it, some people don't like it.  Be an adult, close it out and move on.  I hate having atheistic perspectives shoved on me same as that guy hates Christian principles put on him.  That's all I'll say about it.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-07-2018, 11:49 AM)leonardfan40 Wrote: He COULDN’T care less.

And Hobs wrote it twice!

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2018, 11:32 AM)jj22 Wrote: And Hobs wrote it twice!

LMAO.....I noticed that too after I read it.  C'mon Hobs....lol.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-07-2018, 10:15 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: From Bengals.com:

This article is worth your time.  I couldn't add much to it other than to say, I love the fact that our QB is not only a great player, but he is a great human being.  Most won't care.  I do.  

https://www.bengals.com/news/dalton-s-winning-ways-leading-bengals

Thanks for the article Racer, somehow I missed it.  I was amazed at his numbers since he came into the league in 2011. Pretty impressive! I really like the fact, he is level headed and recognizes that this world isn't all about him. 
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2018, 10:44 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: To be fair the article in this thread which focused on Dalton’s religion was not posted in P&R either.

I didn't think it just focused on his religion, but his efforts in the community and his general personality. 
Reply/Quote
A couple of million dollars sweetens life a little bit more. That eliminates a lot of the stresses in life (that most people have financially) and lets you focus more on helping others. Good on him for being proactively involved.
Reply/Quote
We're lucky to have him. I hope he wins a playoff game or two during his time here, if for no other reason than to get a bunch of people off his back.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
It's his 'faith' that MAKES him the kind of guy he is. Yes, you can be a guy like this without faith, but it's faith that make him, AJ Green, Wentz, Tebow, and Foles, to name a few, the humble caring class acts they are.

Yes, there are yahoos in all areas including Christianity, and that's why so many people make fun of and ridicule them, often lumping them into the same bucket as the yahoos.

I don't think the OP point was faith, rather the class act Andy is, BUT his faith is who he is and he does not compartmentalize it.

THAT in and of itself, makes me glad I switched TO a Bengals fan in 1968.

Yes, I hope we get to see JB hoisting the Lombardi eventually, but if it requires being a 'win at any cost' dirtbag team like the Squealers, then count me out!
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2018, 10:53 AM)Wyche Wrote: Duly noted.....didn't read it. :andy:  In the OP, it wasn't even mentioned? Nor was anything about Christianity mentioned in any replies until the one I quoted. I mean, I get it, some people don't like it.  Be an adult, close it out and move on.  I hate having atheistic perspectives shoved on me same as that guy hates Christian principles put on him.  That's all I'll say about it.

No wonder you are one of my favorite posters Wyche, same way i feel. Cool

To the OP, yes, what a class act Andy is. Very proud he is my QB and i hope he goes on to be MVP and win a Superbowl.

It is about time. Rock On
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2018, 03:38 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: No wonder you are one of my favorite posters Wyche, same way i feel. Cool

To the OP, yes, what a class act Andy is. Very proud he is my QB and i hope he goes on to be MVP and win a Superbowl.

It is about time. Rock On

Right there with you! Happy Birthday Btw
Reply/Quote