Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dalton Cleared To Throw Again
CincyJungle reports that his doctor gave him the go-ahead to resume throwing again, which is huge because it gives him time to get strength back in his arm, begin working on his throwing motion again (which he may have been doing, but it's different when you actually have a ball in your hand), and hopefully get back to the level of play that he was at last season before the injury.

Look at the season he was having and think about how good this team was playing:

Quote:Despite not playing in the final month of this season, Dalton still threw for 25 touchdowns and 3,250 yards vs just seven interceptions, good for a career-high 106.3 passer rating. He also rushed for three scores and helped lead the Bengals to a 10-2 start and were atop the AFC standings before going down.

And it was all ended with a stupid decision to call a screen inside the 10 yard line (might have been the 5).

But Dalton sounds ready to get back to things and like he's going to pick right back up and start lighting defenses up:

Quote:With the offseason now here, we're still about two months until OTAs begin and Dalton gets a chance to throw in an NFL practice again. He'll probably get together with some of his receivers and train at some point this offseason, not to mention making a few trips to see Dr. Tom House.

I like that so he can fine-tune his throws to get back to where he was last season, and maybe even improve more going forward under the teachings of House, and not to mention getting back on the same page with his receivers.

I truly believe that he'll work his ass off to get back because he worked so hard to improve his game over the past two seasons that it only seems logical that he'll do everything it takes to get back to that level.

This guy's a player and a leader!
Reply/Quote
Prior to last season I thought we had seen the best of Andy Dalton, that he had hit a ceiling that he'd never surpass. Thanks to continued hard work on his part, and a better supporting cast - he proved me terribly wrong. Glad to hear he's got the green light to start throwing again.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2016, 12:47 AM)Utts Wrote: Prior to last season I thought we had seen the best of Andy Dalton, that he had hit a ceiling that he'd never surpass. Thanks to continued hard work on his part, and a better supporting cast - he proved me terribly wrong. Glad to hear he's got the green light to start throwing again.

aww you really are huggable, its nice you finally came around.. but I understand your doubts about Andy the previous years ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2016, 12:47 AM)Utts Wrote: Prior to last season I thought we had seen the best of Andy Dalton, that he had hit a ceiling that he'd never surpass. Thanks to continued hard work on his part, and a better supporting cast - he proved me terribly wrong. Glad to hear he's got the green light to start throwing again.

I would concur. After regressing a bit in his progress I never would have believed he had a 2015-type season in him. Good on him proving me and any other skeptic wrong. Hope he keeps doing it year after year.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Well, on the bright side at least we don't have to fret too much about how winnable the Super Bowl would have been with Dalton, because it seems like he had no chance of being ready for it. Even with being conservative, this is a pretty long time to be cleared, three days from a month after the Super Bowl.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2016, 12:57 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Well, on the bright side at least we don't have to fret too much about how winnable the Super Bowl would have been with Dalton, because it seems like he had no chance of being ready for it. Even with being conservative, this is a pretty long time to be cleared, three days from a month after the Super Bowl.

yeah, no chance he would have played in the playoffs. MAYBE if we made it to the SB he would have tried. still doubtful tho, but we'll never know for sure.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
I concur with Leap and Magik and feel a lot better as well. No more "what ifs", it was AJ all the way and even though he almost got us a PO/W i don't think he could have taken us to the big dance, let a lone win it.

Reply/Quote

I was always kind of lying to myself like "oh, his deep ball isn't so bad" and "he can make every throw," but then he dedicated himself each of the past two offseasons and he looked like a top 5 quarterback in the league in terms of throwing the ball.

He's unreal and a hell of a leader, and let's just hope that he comes back 100%, if not better.
Reply/Quote
Next year will be a tough test for Dalton. Lets see if his success from 2015 can continue into the next season.

And hopefully his thumb is fully cleared up and doesn't bother him ever again.

I think the biggest difference is Dalton has a lot more confidence in himself and his teammates.

He knows he can be elite and play with the best of em, he just has to go out and do it.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
Dalton has always been pretty good and the hate for him was beyond ridiculous. That said, he took it to another level last year and played like an elite QB. All of his throws - long, medium, short, through tight windows - were totally on point. If he can maintain that level or even close to it, there's no doubt that the Bengals will be Super Bowl contenders for many years to come.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Watching Andy get injured was a hard pill to swallow. Other then missing a quarter or two Andy has never gotten injured seriously enough to miss time. Then on the play that reminded me the most of old Andy he injures his thumb making a tackle. I ended up feeling bad for the guy. You know he had to be looking forward to getting rid of the playoff demons and was more capable of doing it at that moment then ever before. He took it like a champ though. No pouting and put the team first.

I am more then ready to move on from last season and am excited for this upcoming season. Andy will be back and we will keep rolling on. Tiger
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2016, 12:50 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: aww you really are huggable, its nice you finally came around.. but I understand your doubts about Andy the previous years ThumbsUp

I'm the most huggable person on this board!
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2016, 12:57 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Well, on the bright side at least we don't have to fret too much about how winnable the Super Bowl would have been with Dalton, because it seems like he had no chance of being ready for it. Even with being conservative, this is a pretty long time to be cleared, three days from a month after the Super Bowl.

To be fair, Dalton had no reason to even try throwing after the playoff loss, and probably didn't want to try and rush it.

Players take longer time to come back from injuries in the offseason because there's no real consequences for the team if they take their time.

Dalton didn't just say now he was healthy. He had an interview and he said his x-rays were clear. However, he did say him playing in the divisional round was unlikely.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
Dalton just keeps getting better.

IMO 2014 downturn was more of a reflection of team health and available options.

If they keep letting Dalton do what he does best (being a Field General) I think he will only get better.
Andy's ability to read defenses and audible into the correct play is one of his biggest strengths.

Also love the confidence. Andy was at no times this year hesitant to make a play or take shots.
Guy looks great when he is able to play loose.
Reply/Quote
thanks for the update Brad
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Kind of old news out of Dallas (it was originally reported by the Ft. Worth Star Telegram, BTW).

But Andy also told me back on Feb. 11 he could throw. Marvin Lewis told us at the combine there was not a single issue medically and he was progressing like normal through the offseason.
http://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2016/02/11/cincinnati-bengals-andy-dalton-could-throw/80228794/
Beat writer for Cincinnati.com & The Enquirer. Follow along on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Periscope.
Reply/Quote

Yeah, i didn't know about Dalton either before last season, but the dude looked like arguably the best QB in the league last year at times.

Puttin him right there with Rodgers and Brady and the stats at the time back Dalton up.

I believe in Dalton now and am proud to have him as our QB. I truly believe that if the injury did not happen we would of won the whole thing.

But who the hell knows, frickin ifs. Whatever
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2016, 08:05 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, i didn't know about Dalton either before last season, but the dude looked like arguably the best QB in the league last year at times.

Puttin him right there with Rodgers and Brady and the stats at the time back Dalton up.

I believe in Dalton now and am proud to have him as our QB. I truly believe that if the injury did not happen we would of won the whole thing.

But who the hell knows, frickin ifs. Whatever

Now just imagine if he had a Belichick-type head coach who has no problem crushing a team with the pass if it worked in the first half, rather than having a lead in the second half and proceeding to run the game clock down.

I think Marvin's 2nd half lead conservative nature will be the single greatest obstacle for Dalton to ever win an MVP.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Glad he is cleared to throw. Hate it that he missed the playoffs.
Happy Halloween
Reply/Quote