Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dalton Foundation exposed
I am posting this in Jungle Noise because this story has its genesis in Andy's time as a Bengal. And because Buffalo fans weren't the only ones who donated to the Dalton Foundation. It is a cautionary tale not only for the Daltons but for anyone who donates to a charity without researching it first. The mods, I'm sure, will move it if they disagree with where this is posted

The Andy and Jordan Dalton Foundation was exposed by the Buffalo News. The newspaper wanted to follow up on what happened with the nearly $500,000 in donations raised by the spontaneous actions of jubilant Bills fans when the Bengals beat the Ravens.

Turns out over 20% of the money app $100,000 went to the management company and never made it to the hospitals it was intended for.

The Dalton's were seemingly very naive when they started the foundation and hired a company, Prolanthropy, recommended by his agent (who I now hope is a former agent). The normal rate for an mgmt company is 6% or even lower. This company charged 22.5% of raised funds plus other expenses. The Daltons paid almost $400,000 to Prolanthropy in 2018 in fees and expenses. They donated $0.63 out of every dollar raised in 2019 it was $0.56. It should be over $0.70. as a minimum. The best charities are close to 100%. The Dalton Foundation has a failing grade with Charity Navigator The company failed to properly file tax returns and had dubious record-keeping. Technically, they weren't even a legal charity as they failed to renew the appropriate documentation with the state of Ohio. The Dalton's were not the only one's taken advantage of by this company other athletes such as Emmanuel Sanders and Eric Woods.

Andy and JJ when approached with this story by the Buffalo News, responded by immediately firing Prolanthropy and making their Buffalo donations whole because, in the long run, they are good people. They, like many people, trusted the wrong people and failed to provide appropriate oversight of the people handling their money and business dealings.

https://buffalonews.com/news/local/buffalo-bills-fans-donated-442-000-to-dalton-foundation-nearly-100-000-went-to-management/article_c8c1585a-2311-11ec-aac4-abdc78c021a3.html

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Sorry to hear that. Knowing the kind of people Andy and Jordan seem to be, I know they're both probably sick about this. Hearing Andy went into his own pocket to make things right just reaffirms everything I thought about the guy.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
That's nice of the Daltons to fork over the difference, but they shouldn't have had to deal with having a company screwing people over like that. Hopefully the authorities step in and make an example of that company.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I was thought I was going to read, "Dalton and wife pocket money"...
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2021, 01:46 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Sorry to hear that.  Knowing the kind of people Andy and Jordan seem to be, I know they're both probably sick about this.  Hearing Andy went into his own pocket to make things right just reaffirms everything I thought about the guy.

Absolutely 
Reply/Quote
I hate a thief, especially ones who take from the best of us. Sadly, someone stealing food will suffer greater consequences than some who “ had some accounting errors.”
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
vultures - they must be destroyed.

Reply/Quote
Thats terrible that, that happened. I'm also glad that the Daltons did not take the money as that's what I first thought when seeing the thread title.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2021, 02:48 PM)MasonDT70 Wrote: Thats terrible that, that happened. I'm also glad that the Daltons did not take the money as that's what I first thought when seeing the thread title.

Very clickbaity title
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2021, 03:01 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Very clickbaity title

It's more like the Daltons Foundation got scammed or something. Andy as a QB is a massive debate, but off the field, people like him. Whitworth and Atkins were world class.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
I’m not sure how true this is but I’m always skeptical these philanthropic foundations. Call me jaded but I can’t help but wonder if some of them are money laundering organizations.
Reply/Quote
This thread should really be titled dalton foundation management company exposed. It was above and beyond for them to make up the difference. I hope there are legal means for them to recover the money from those shady people

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Glad to see the Daltons were not involved and made it right. Hopefully he fires his agent as well.

Reply/Quote
Andy is a great dude.
Reply/Quote
Here is an article from 2014 by the Chicago Tribune about the management company mentioned above (Prolanthropy) if anyone is interested. The title of the article is "Sports charity manager skirts best practices".

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-xpm-2014-05-02-ct-prolanthropy-sports-charities-20140502-story.html

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote