Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dalton Had Happy Feet......
Sometimes, our line looked bad, but I thought, for the most part, they looked good, and Dalton scrambled at times when he didn't have to and ended up throwing on the run, which sometimes it was across his body and ended up being bad throws or he had to throw it out of bounds.

I said it in preseason, but he needs to have more patience in the pocket and more faith in his linemen.

Let's hope Van Pelt can coach him up and cure him of happy feet.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2018, 06:08 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Sometimes, our line looked bad, but I thought, for the most part, they looked good, and Dalton scrambled at times when he didn't have to and ended up throwing on the run, which sometimes it was across his body and ended up being bad throws or he had to throw it out of bounds.

I said it in preseason, but he needs to have more patience in the pocket and more faith in his linemen.

That happens when you keep getting hit by a 6'8" Estonian.....
Reply/Quote
Hart looked worse than OG ever thought of being.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2018, 06:09 PM)Sled21 Wrote: That happens when you keep getting hit by a 6'8" Estonian.....
The irony of many of us laughing that Hunt started for them. He absolutely threw Hart around like a rag doll. Hunt would be a HOF if every RT was Bobby Hart
Reply/Quote
He did this a TON last year. Is what it is. I don’t see him improving that aspect of his game. Wasn’t that the scouting report on him coming out of college?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2018, 06:11 PM)mallorian69 Wrote: Hart looked worse than OG ever thought of being.

Not even close.

Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2018, 06:08 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Sometimes, our line looked bad, but I thought, for the most part, they looked good, and Dalton scrambled at times when he didn't have to and ended up throwing on the run, which sometimes it was across his body and ended up being bad throws or he had to throw it out of bounds.

He completed three quarters of his passes.  Only threw it away a couple times.  Yes, there was one more he should have thrown away, like ten feet over Mixon's head.  Andy was pretty stellar, imo.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2018, 06:13 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Not even close.

Exactly.

Hart was much better than either of our draftees have been, the past 2 years.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Thought he played pretty well considering how many times Hart let Margus Hunt just rio him.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2018, 06:18 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Exactly.

Hart was much better than either of our draftees have been, the past 2 years.

How many times did Og or Fisher let a guy with only 2.5 sacks in his 5th year get 2 in one game?

He's not agile enough to stop speed and not strong enough to handle a bull rush. 
Reply/Quote
He definitely got more confident in the line and in himself as the game went on
Reply/Quote
i'm not totally disagreeing with you but he was 21 of 28
Reply/Quote
Hart is not a starting Caliber RT. Outside of his performance I thought the o-line looked pretty good. We really should look into Bushrod.
Reply/Quote

Yeah, always has been my main complaint about Dalton, he panics.

But i still believe it is understandable with his O-line's in the past and he is young enough the learn some new tricks
and not panic. This O-line, not including RT is better than anything he has had in the last 6 years. Thought he would
panic a bit more with actually seeing a pocket develop lmao.

Hey, we got the win and we are growing as a unit. All i wanted.

We just need to grow into the team that beats the Pats, who after watching them today are the best team still.

Jeremy went down with a knee injury BTW. Hope he is alright. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
Speaking of Jeremy I got a little nervous we weren’t going to be able to punch that TD in on 1st and goal. Loved Mixon going up and over the pile though!

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2018, 06:48 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Speaking of Jeremy I got a little nervous we weren’t going to be able to punch that TD in on 1st and goal. Loved Mixon going up and over the pile though!

Mixon is something that could be great. Seriously.

Jeremy i hope is okay with his injury but Rex is the starter there for a reason and shows why our coaching
in the past is not the Patriots coaching IMHO. Seen Burkhead as the better RB like 10 games before they
gave him a start and it was all cause of injury to Jeremy.

Just liking the way we are doing things today, much better. Hart should be replaced is my only criticism.

Gio needs more plays with him running behind behind Glenn and Boling....
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2018, 06:45 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, always has been my main complaint about Dalton, he panics.

But i still believe it is understandable with his O-line's in the past and he is young enough the learn some new tricks
and not panic. This O-line, not including RT is better than anything he has had in the last 6 years. Thought he would
panic a bit more with actually seeing a pocket develop lmao.

Hey, we got the win and we are growing as a unit. All i wanted.

We just need to grow into the team that beats the Pats, who after watching them today are the best team still.

Jeremy went down with a knee injury BTW. Hope he is alright. ThumbsUp

Hopefully the line can become more consistent and he can become faithful and stick in their and keep looking for open receivers.  

I feel like he left a lot of costly plays on the field by panicking in big moments.  Let's hope that he can get it cleaned up before it costs us a game in a big moment and that our line keeps improving to give him reason to have faith.
Reply/Quote
I have to say I did not see Andy panic today. There were designed rollouts but no panics. And considering he had little to no protection to his right that was interesting.

Note that the issues in pass blocking on the right calmed down some after they started having both Eifert and Kroft in there with Kroft lining up next to Hart to help him.
Reply/Quote
I'd blame the O line more than Dalton and this is coming from a guy that is no fan of Dalton. Dalton had his usual game but I'll give him credit for the play where he stepped back into the pocket then moved to the right a bit to make the completion. We need more of a patient dalton that understands how to manipulate the pocket. It's clear our o line especially right side will get punished.
Reply/Quote