Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dalton Had Happy Feet......
(09-09-2018, 07:04 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: I'd blame the O line more than Dalton and this is coming from a guy that is no fan of Dalton.  Dalton had his usual game but I'll give him credit for the play where he stepped back into the pocket then moved to the right a bit to make the completion. We need more of a patient dalton that understands how to manipulate the pocket. It's clear our o line especially right side will get punished.

Yah. The thing is you have to actually have a pocket to manipulate it. We're not there yet but at least there was only one episode of pressure blowing in right up the middle. And the left side held up well. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2018, 07:02 PM)Joelist Wrote: I have to say I did not see Andy panic today. There were designed rollouts but no panics. And considering he had little to no protection to his right that was interesting.

Note that the issues in pass blocking on the right calmed down some after they started having both Eifert and Kroft in there with Kroft lining up next to Hart to help him.

Oh, he absolutely panicked on his INT, but at least he saved the TD and he had a great game otherwise.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2018, 07:02 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Hopefully the line can become more consistent and he can become faithful and stick in their and keep looking for open receivers.  

I feel like he left a lot of costly plays on the field by panicking in big moments.  Let's hope that he can get it cleaned up before it costs us a game in a big moment and that our line keeps improving to give him reason to have faith.

It takes time to have faith brother....

We need to be a bit patient but in the end we are still 1-0 beating an AFC team on the road we haven't beat since 1997.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2018, 07:18 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: It takes time to have faith brother....

We need to be a bit patient but in the end we are still 1-0 beating an AFC team on the road we haven't beat since 1997.

Yup

There's plenty of ugly to go around in the NFL the first game.

Hart is not the answer at RT long term, there's little doubt but other than those two plays where Hunt doubled his career sack totals he wasn't horrible.

Dalton panicked and threw that first int. up for grabs but after that he had a pretty solid game.
Reply/Quote
The game started for him by Price getting manhandled like a little boy right in Dalton's face.

Then it progressed to Margus-F'ing-HUNT getting 2 sacks.

Yeah. I'm not too worried about Dalton. More worried about this PoS OL that everyone knew was still a PoS, but we all just smiled and said "but the OL coach is different!" as if that would make Hart as a Week 1 starter any less terrifying.

Keep in mind they looked like that against a truly horrible Colts defense. I am not looking forward to seeing what they look like against a team who doesn't think Margus Hunt is a legitimate pass rushing option.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2018, 06:18 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Exactly.

Hart was much better than either of our draftees have been, the past 2 years.

...but I would put Bobby Hart far behind Andre Smith. Hart needs replaced — and I mean this week — because he was the exact same turnstile lineman for Eli Manning.
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2018, 06:45 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, always has been my main complaint about Dalton, he panics.

But i still believe it is understandable with his O-line's in the past and he is young enough the learn some new tricks
and not panic. This O-line, not including RT is better than anything he has had in the last 6 years. Thought he would
panic a bit more with actually seeing a pocket develop lmao.

Hey, we got the win and we are growing as a unit. All i wanted.

We just need to grow into the team that beats the Pats, who after watching them today are the best team still.

Jeremy went down with a knee injury BTW. Hope he is alright. ThumbsUp

you would panic too if you spent the last 3 years getting your ass kicked in by 300 pounders
Reply/Quote
He has panicked since day 1, this is nothing new and it will never be fixed
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2018, 09:39 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: He has panicked since day 1, this is nothing new and it will never be fixed

Disagree entirely.

Last year, maybe some, but he normally has looked calm and comfortable in the pocket.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2018, 06:16 PM)McC Wrote: He completed three quarters of his passes.  Only threw it away a couple times.  Yes, there was one more he should have thrown away, like ten feet over Mixon's head.  Andy was pretty stellar, imo.

This.  I don't know what people are expecting and let's not forget a couple bad drops that would have made his numbers even better.  Dalton looked awesome today.  
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2018, 07:47 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: This.  I don't know what people are expecting and let's not forget a couple bad drops that would have made his numbers even better.  Dalton looked awesome today.  

He had 7 incompletions--one was intercepted, one batted down at the line, one he threw away over Ross's head, one at Mixon's feet on the run.  I'm drawing a blank on any drops, though.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2018, 07:53 AM)McC Wrote: He had 7 incompletions--one was intercepted, one batted down at the line, one he threw away over Ross's head, one at Mixon's feet on the run.  I'm drawing a blank on any drops, though.

He lowered his shoulders and got that first down that the team really responded too as well. They went on a tear after that.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2018, 07:53 AM)McC Wrote: He had 7 incompletions--one was intercepted, one batted down at the line, one he threw away over Ross's head, one at Mixon's feet on the run.  I'm drawing a blank on any drops, though.

AJ had a big drop...two actually
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2018, 09:46 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: AJ had a big drop...two actually

I don’t remember any drops, just the two fumbles.

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2018, 07:04 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: I'd blame the O line more than Dalton and this is coming from a guy that is no fan of Dalton.  Dalton had his usual game but I'll give him credit for the play where he stepped back into the pocket then moved to the right a bit to make the completion. We need more of a patient dalton that understands how to manipulate the pocket. It's clear our o line especially right side will get punished.

He did a very nice job on that particular play.  Maybe Van Pelt has helped in that area, since he's worked the master of pocket manipulation in GB.  I think Dalton will continue to settle in, now that his blindside is protected again, and the interior of the line has looked pretty good too.  RT is still an issue though.  Like a poster stated in the GameDay thread.....week 1 is kinda like preseason extended now....with the way the CBA has limited camps and such.  Maybe the teams need to play the starters more in preseason, I dunno.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2018, 07:17 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Oh, he absolutely panicked on his INT, but at least he saved the TD and he had a great game otherwise.

Yeah, bad decision there.....should have just taken the sack.

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2018, 10:15 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I don’t remember any drops, just the two fumbles.

Me either, and I think he makes that catch inside the 5 that he drew the PI on if his right arm wasn't held.  The two fumbles were bad though, gotta get that cleaned up.

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2018, 10:15 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I don’t remember any drops, just the two fumbles.

(09-10-2018, 10:27 AM)Wyche Wrote: Me either, and I think he makes that catch inside the 5 that he drew the PI on if his right arm wasn't held.  The two fumbles were bad though, gotta get that cleaned up.

He dropped a TD pass the play before John Ross caught an TD. It hit AJ right in both hands.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2018, 10:31 AM)Synric Wrote: He dropped a TD pass the play before John Ross caught an TD. It hit AJ right in both hands.

That's right.....forgot that one, good call.  FWIW, it seemed Andy could have ran it in on that particular play too.

Reply/Quote