Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dalton Kincaid visits
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(04-12-2023, 10:41 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote:

Sadly, I'm almost starting to lean to this guy for our first round pick. 
Seems we might not  have good options for a RT when we pick.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2023, 01:22 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Sadly, I'm almost starting to lean to this guy for our first round pick. 

You know we spend about 1/100th of the time the staff and Duke Tobin’s group does analyzing it all. They know their immediate needs. I think it will be BPA at a few positions.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
If Kincaid is the best player available and Duke grabs him at 28, well then in Duke I trust.
Reply/Quote
Dalton Kincaid would slide in as the F/H in 2023 and in 2024 start taking alot more reps as the slot receiver when Boyd leaves. Just don't expect him to be the inline Y so TE would still be a need for the Bengals.

Kincaid has the receiving talent to control the middle of the field.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-13-2023, 09:09 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: You know we spend about 1/100th of the time the staff and Duke Tobin’s group does analyzing it all. They know their immediate needs. I think it will be BPA at a few positions.

(04-13-2023, 09:19 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: If Kincaid is the best player available and Duke grabs him at 28, well then in Duke I trust.

Pretty much where i'm at. We are so far back in the draft, we have no real idea who will fall and who will actually be there.

Back when we were always picking in the top 15, i rattled off 9/10 years straight getting the player right. First year i missed was when they traded back and grabbed Zietler. I had them staying put and taking DeCastro, which they could have taken had they not moved back, oh well got the position right Tongue
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2023, 09:19 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: If Kincaid is the best player available and Duke grabs him at 28, well then in Duke I trust.

unless it an O lineman...he seems to do better in later rounds there
Reply/Quote

Previously it’s been a three way decision on the first couple of picks between Mike, Zac, and Duke. Don’t know about Mike’s involvement this year.

Reply/Quote
I guess if we do pick Kincaid I will have to talk myself into it. He IS a damn good Receiver and would own the middle of the field.

I would just rather hope a legit WR fell to 28 like Quentin Johnston, Smith-Njigba or Addison over a WR playing TE in Kincaid.

We would have to grab at least 1 more TE in the Draft that can block and it makes us predictable by the type of players we put on
the field which I never like. Would prefer Darnell Washington or Mayer at 28, both of whom can block and catch.
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2023, 09:09 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: You know we spend about 1/100th of the time the staff and Duke Tobin’s group does analyzing it all. They know their immediate needs. I think it will be BPA at a few positions.

That’s a wrap, everybody. No need to discuss the draft any further. The Bengals know their needs and it will be BPA at a few positions. So let it be written. So let it be done.
Reply/Quote
Meh, not sold. The guy is a tremendous receiving threat, but didn't have an outstanding blocking resume, prior to the back injury. Medically cleared from a back injury basically amounts to 'he looks fine to us', but as a back injury patient I can tell you it's much deeper than a demonstration of movement or lifting some weights. Three activities that I've never been able to do at a level close to before my injury; Play basketball, waterski, and play contact football. The concussive shock from landing, even though I lift and train Strongman, does not even remotely compare to the shock I felt from padding back up and hitting another strong human, the rapid shocks from skimming across the water on skis, or the shock from landing awkwardly after landing a rebound.

After all of the injuries and recoveries that the Bengals went through with Tyler Eifert, I sincerely hope that they are smart enough to pass on Kincaid.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2023, 08:00 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: That’s a wrap, everybody. No need to discuss the draft any further. The Bengals know their needs and it will be BPA at a few positions. So let it be written. So let it be done.

I’ve accepted your buddy request. Just saw it I’m sorry.

Reply/Quote
(04-13-2023, 01:22 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Sadly, I'm almost starting to lean to this guy for our first round pick. 
Even if we don't take a tackle, I'm PRAYING we don't take Kincaid. He's a glorified receiver. We don't need that. We need a tight end.

Kincaid reminds me of the failure we had in taking Chase Coffman because of his college highlights when he was a good receiver and made big plays by jumping over defenders. 
(04-13-2023, 10:24 AM)Synric Wrote: Dalton Kincaid would slide in as the F/H in 2023 and in 2024 start taking alot more reps as the slot receiver when Boyd leaves. Just don't expect him to be the inline Y so TE would still be a need for the Bengals.

Kincaid has the receiving talent to control the middle of the field.
Kincaid is built like a pumped up receiver. I want our tight end to be able to be physical in the middle of the field and up the seam.

No thanks.
(04-13-2023, 04:02 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I guess if we do pick Kincaid I will have to talk myself into it. He IS a damn good Receiver and would own the middle of the field.

I would just rather hope a legit WR fell to 28 like Quentin Johnston, Smith-Njigba or Addison over a WR playing TE in Kincaid.

We would have to grab at least 1 more TE in the Draft that can block and it makes us predictable by the type of players we put on
the field which I never like. Would prefer Darnell Washington or Mayer at 28, both of whom can block and catch.
Exactly. I don't want a receiver masked as a tight end. I want a blocker and someone that can be physical and not get pushed around in the secondary.
(04-13-2023, 08:32 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Meh, not sold.  The guy is a tremendous receiving threat, but didn't have an outstanding blocking resume, prior to the back injury.  Medically cleared from a back injury basically amounts to 'he looks fine to us', but as a back injury patient I can tell you it's much deeper than a demonstration of movement or lifting some weights.  Three activities that I've never been able to do at a level close to before my injury; Play basketball, waterski, and play contact football.  The concussive shock from landing, even though I lift and train Strongman, does not even remotely compare to the shock I felt from padding back up and hitting another strong human, the rapid shocks from skimming across the water on skis, or the shock from landing awkwardly after landing a rebound.

After all of the injuries and recoveries that the Bengals went through with Tyler Eifert, I sincerely hope that they are smart enough to pass on Kincaid.

EXACTLY.

I want a tight end that's going to be a force on the field, be physical in blocking and routes, and lower their head to initiate contact.

Give me Mayer or Washington if we go TE in the first.
Reply/Quote
I like the kid. I know people are down on him because he is not a traditional TE that's inside blocking most of the time. I honestly don't ever think of a time hearing how Kelcy or Andrews or even Gronk were the best blocking or even good at it,TEs in the NFL... Eifert wasn't good at it either. A TE that can catch and run scares the hell out of defenses.
Reply/Quote
I would get on board. But I don't want TE in 1. Mayer, Washington, Kincaid I guess I could live with. Musgrave I will be super mad to Ogbuehi levels.
Reply/Quote
Something I wasn't really thinking of until now, but wouldn't it be cool if the Bengals shifted more to a 12 personnel if they added Kincaid?
I think Synric was kinda getting at that.
Maybe the Bengals wouldn't need to worry so much about that 3rd WR if they had a TE who could cover that role.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-14-2023, 11:27 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Something I wasn't really thinking of until now, but wouldn't it be cool if the Bengals shifted more to a 12 personnel if they added Kincaid?
Maybe the Bengals wouldn't need to worry so much about that 3rd WR if they had a TE who could cover that role.

That is a notion that I could totally get on board with.  I think that Joe Burrow would be virtually unstoppable in an offense featuring 12 personnel.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Due diligence and nothing more I hope. the NFL draft profile does not say he needs to work on his blocking they flat refer to him as a liability as a blocker.
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2023, 08:32 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Meh, not sold.  The guy is a tremendous receiving threat, but didn't have an outstanding blocking resume, prior to the back injury.  Medically cleared from a back injury basically amounts to 'he looks fine to us', but as a back injury patient I can tell you it's much deeper than a demonstration of movement or lifting some weights.  Three activities that I've never been able to do at a level close to before my injury; Play basketball, waterski, and play contact football.  The concussive shock from landing, even though I lift and train Strongman, does not even remotely compare to the shock I felt from padding back up and hitting another strong human, the rapid shocks from skimming across the water on skis, or the shock from landing awkwardly after landing a rebound.

I mean, I was just talking about the player, but this gives me even more heebeegeebies with Kincaid...

Don't need another TE made of glass around here. Loved Eifert when he was able to play and off the field but we need availability 
with our 1st round pick. Chase and Dax have thankfully changed that trend but we had a string of like 5 plus years of our 1st round 
picks being hurt as rookies. No more of this please...
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2023, 11:27 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Something I wasn't really thinking of until now, but wouldn't it be cool if the Bengals shifted more to a 12 personnel if they added Kincaid?

Kincaid's projection is not just a 12 personnel move TE its also slot receiver. Everyone always talks about the next Travis Kelce and what sets him apart is his ability to line up in the slot as a wide receiver across from a corner in man coverage and win consistently. Kelce does that more and better than any other TE in the NFL. Kincaid show's elite athleticism, body control, hands, and YAC. 

Kincaid has two very large question marks that make him a boom or bust prospect. First because of his projection he will take a majority of his snaps from the move TE position and even in the Bengals spread offense that is more or less attached to the line alot. Right now he is a liability as a blocker while you can limit those reps he will never receive a large amount of snaps if he can't become a sufficient blocker doesn't even have to be good. Second his back injury I'm not worried about his back right now as he has been medically cleared but TE's take alot of beating in the middle of the field causes one of the highest injury rates of all the position groups... of course that applies to all TEs. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote