Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dalton Kincaid visits
(04-13-2023, 10:33 AM)kalibengal Wrote: unless it an O lineman...he seems to do better in later rounds there

I’m sorry but before I put any trust in Tobin I want someone to explain Drew Sample as a second round draft pick to me 
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2023, 02:11 AM)CincinnatiKid Wrote: I’m sorry but before I put any trust in Tobin I want someone to explain Drew Sample as a second round draft pick to me 

So you define his abilities by a single selection? That could be considered a bit ridiculous. However, the Bengals needed a TE that could be a dominant blocker and that could possibly develop into a receiving threat. As billed he was a really good blocker but becoming a better receiver did not materialize. Simple as that. Every selection made is a gamble on potential and development. Some work out and some do not.
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2023, 09:36 AM)OSUfan Wrote: So you define his abilities by a single selection? That could be considered a bit ridiculous. However, the Bengals needed a TE that could be a dominant blocker and that could possibly develop into a receiving threat. As billed he was a really good blocker but becoming a better receiver did not materialize. Simple as that. Every selection made is a gamble on potential and development. Some work out and some do not.

Also, I would argue that Finley was a worse pick than Sample. Sample has blocked for numerous TD runs and people just ignore this.
Reply/Quote
If we keep 3, I think Kincaid/Smith being 2 of them is unlikely.

Now, if we keep 4, that calculus changes. 2 receiving types and two blockers works.

I am still banking on:

O: QB 2, RB 4, TE 3, WR 6, OL 10 = 25.
D: DE 5, NT/DT 5, LB 5, CB 6, S 4 = 25.
ST: 3.
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2023, 03:25 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: If we keep 3, I think Kincaid/Smith being 2 of them is unlikely.

Now, if we keep 4, that calculus changes. 2 receiving types and two blockers works.

I am still banking on:

O: QB 2, RB 4, TE 3, WR 6, OL 10 = 25.
D: DE 5, NT/DT 5, LB 5, CB 6, S 4 = 25.
ST: 3.

Exactly, the Irv Smith signing pretty much signifies to me if we take a TE at 28 it is either Washington or Mayer who can block.

Irv is a willing blocker, but he isn't really good at it. Kincaid is terrible at blocking, pass or run...
Reply/Quote