Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dalton Kincaid will be our pick
(04-23-2023, 09:28 PM)EatonFan Wrote: While not exactly an off-the-charts pick, he'll be solid.  Excellent zone coverage receiver.  Finds the soft spots.  Great hands and adjusts very well to the ball.  Not a great blocker, but decent at times.

If he's there and there's no one else that falls into our lap like Paris Johnson, Witherspoon, Myles Murphy, etc., he'll be our pick.

Just my prediction.

If he's not high on our draft list, we may even trade down.

seems pretty bold hes gone in most mocks ive seen
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2023, 09:28 PM)EatonFan Wrote: While not exactly an off-the-charts pick, he'll be solid.  Excellent zone coverage receiver.  Finds the soft spots.  Great hands and adjusts very well to the ball.  Not a great blocker, but decent at times.

If he's there and there's no one else that falls into our lap like Paris Johnson, Witherspoon, Myles Murphy, etc., he'll be our pick.

Just my prediction.

If he's not high on our draft list, we may even trade down.

He is likely TE1 in this draft and long gone before we pick. 

Reply/Quote
(04-24-2023, 03:09 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Yeah, Kincaid is just a slot receiver IMCO, and we need a blocker and somebody to occupy the backers and safeties in the middle of the field.

Peter Shraggs on NFL Network just said he thinks Washington will fall out of the first and LaPorta could actually go before him.

This is getting crazy this close to the draft!

BIG NO to Kincaid.

LaPorta is a better TE than Washington, not sure anyone would be surprised by this?

Reply/Quote
(04-24-2023, 07:10 PM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: There's just something about Kinkaid that that makes me question whether or not he possesses the requisite toughness to live up to 1st round status. His production came in bunches, there were back injury concerns, his blocking isn't so hot, a lot of his highlight reel plays were pretty long developing. I can't quite put my finger on it, but watching how he gets up after he takes a hit gives me pause as well.  All this said, he does scream "Bengals draft pick" in a lot of ways. 

(04-25-2023, 05:28 PM)OSUfan Wrote: I just cannot see using a first round selection on a guy that is recovering from a fracture in the back. Just not a wise decision especially considering he is a liability as a blocker.

(04-25-2023, 08:15 PM)OSUfan Wrote: I disagree while Uzomah and Hurst were not dominant blockers they were pretty darn good at it. Besides that the overwhelming factor for me with Kincaid is the back injury with a first round selection.

(04-26-2023, 10:20 AM)Hammerstripes Wrote: From what I heard - it was a fracture.  That's a non-factor for me.

The "fracture" was likely a wedge compression fracture which does not require surgery and did not prevent him from playing the very next week.

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2023, 01:31 PM)casear2727 Wrote: LaPorta is a better TE than Washington, not sure anyone would be surprised by this?

Not as a blocker, but maybe as a receiver.
It really sucks Washington didn't transfer to another school where he didn't have to give opportunities to someone like Brock Bowers, who would have (easily) been TE1 in this draft class if he were eligible.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2023, 09:00 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Kincaid is the pick if literally 0 QBs get picked before the bengals selection. But I cant imagine they would take him over even a worse corner or WR or a O line prospect. Can’t imagine they not getting trade offers if this happens

Callahan would love Kincaid.

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2023, 01:35 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Not as a blocker, but maybe as a receiver.
It really sucks Washington didn't transfer to another school where he didn't have to give opportunities to someone like Brock Bowers, who would have (easily) been TE1 in this draft class if he were eligible.

I agree on Bowers.  But even without Bowers, Washington runs like Frankenstein.  He has a zero route tree because he cannot beat defenders.  He runs slip routes off of blocks or straight verticals.  He is a fantastic blocker and jump ball freak, but his combine numbers do not match his game speed.

That said I would like to have him and watch his development, but not at the cost of a 1st Rd pick.

Reply/Quote
I think Kincaid would be the pick but I think he’ll be gone by 28. I think Mayer will be too. Starting to believe the pick will be Forbes or Gibbs.
Reply/Quote