Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dalton League Leading Post/Corner Route QB
(03-21-2017, 10:38 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Dead on.  I know you (and now I) will get a crap-ton of grief for such a statement, but it is 100% accurate.  Dalton was amazing last year with what he had to deal with.  I can't wait to see what he does with a vertical threat like Ross and a better RB than Hill. The offensive line was much improved by benching Ced, but it was too late and alot of their weapons were out injured. 

I am excited for this draft, and although it had a really bad start, FA has picked up steam with the acquisitions of Minter and Smith.  

Dalton will be an MVP candidate next year.  Mark my words.  

I'm not going to say Dalton is = to one of the best QB's of all-time, but I will say this. Brady wouldn't be "Tom Brady" without the excellent blocking and coaching in New England. We've all seen how Brady responds to pressure. That's been the book on slowing him down for many years now, it's just that teams are rarely able to get consistent pressure. 

Considering the pressure and injuries Dalton dealt with last year (Green out 7 games, Eifert out 8 and Gio out 6+), I don't see Brady doing any better than what Dalton was able to manage. Heck, Brady was missing Gronk in 2013 while working in new receivers (similar situation, minus the constant pressure/sacks) and Brady ranked 17th in passer rating that year. Worse than Dalton in 2016 (15th).
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2017, 12:03 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'm not going to say Dalton is = to one of the best QB's of all-time, but I will say this. Brady wouldn't be "Tom Brady" without the excellent blocking and coaching in New England. We've all seen how Brady responds to pressure. That's been the book on slowing him down for many years now, it's just that teams are rarely able to get consistent pressure. 

Considering the pressure and injuries Dalton dealt with last year (Green out 7 games, Eifert out 8 and Gio out 6+), I don't see Brady doing any better than what Dalton was able to manage. Heck, Brady was missing Gronk in 2013 while working in new receivers (similar situation, minus the constant pressure/sacks) and Brady ranked 17th in passer rating that year. Worse than Dalton in 2016 (15th).

Dead on.  Andy has come a long way and I hate that he is breaking in his third OC, but hopefully Zampese gets some new ideas this year...especially for the second half of games.  Groan.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2017, 01:52 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Dead on.  Andy has come a long way and I hate that he is breaking in his third OC, but hopefully Zampese gets some new ideas this year...especially for the second half of games.  Groan.  

We don't need no stinking half time adjustments

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
You guys play us in Lambeau next year. With our defense you should smash those numbers even more. We need to fix our secondary fast for next year.
Reply/Quote
huh, we should run more of those
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2017, 10:08 PM)bonesaw Wrote: huh, we should run more of those

No no no, the opponent will expect them next season. We should never run them again! Ninja
Reply/Quote
They better be short routes, cause we're gonna have about 1.2 seconds.
Reply/Quote
I'm gonna go out on limb and say Brady turns a few more of those FG drives into TD drives, and wins at least 2 of the games we lost, and also wins the tie game against Washington had he and Dalton swapped places. Meanwhile, Dalton with N.E. goes to the playoffs, maybe even the Superbowl, but no way does Dalton win that Superbowl.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2017, 08:04 AM)Sled21 Wrote: And that's Dalton's fault how???

I'm so tired of judging a QB solely by wins.  Is not like Dalton plays on defense and special teams; or catches his own passes.
[img]http://[Image: power-rangers-dinozords-ranking-tigerzor...mhpcjr.jpg][/img]
Reply/Quote
Quote:I'm gonna go out on limb and say Brady turns a few more of those FG drives into TD drives, and wins at least 2 of the games we lost, and also wins the tie game against Washington had he and Dalton swapped places. Meanwhile, Dalton with N.E. goes to the playoffs, maybe even the Superbowl, but no way does Dalton win that Superbowl.

Obviously there's no way to prove it either way, but like I said...Brady played worse (than 2016 Dalton) when he was working in new WRs with an injured star TE. Sans the pressure. I know some people like to act like Brady is an infallible deity or something, but we all saw how very human he is in the first half of the Super Bowl. A 65.2 passer rating with an 80 yard pick six. That's what happens when you pressure Brady.

Now what makes you think this same guy that hates pressure would hold up great behind one of the worst lines in the NFL? With Marvin instead of Bill Belichick?

I kinda agree with you on Dalton replacing Brady. I think he gets to the SB last year, but I don't know about the epic comeback. Dalton can be great when he gets time though, and Brady had enough time to read a book in the pocket in the 2nd half of that game. I honestly think this is fun to talk about. Dalton would probably be a superstar in New England IMO. We certainly wouldn't be talking about him in the same manner we do now. I guess that's the difference between playing for Marv and playing for the GOAT coach.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2017, 10:37 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Like many other players in the past, he is just an easy target for people's anger.

A lot of people don't "football" too well.....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(03-22-2017, 11:53 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Now what makes you think this same guy that hates pressure would hold up great behind one of the worst lines in the NFL? With Marvin instead of Bill Belichick?

Obviously, pressure is going to have a negative effect on any QB's production, Mr. Brady included. And also I agree that The Belichick effect, and New England system are going to be a positive for any QB to play in. With that said, as I stated in my previous post, I believe the 2016 Bengals are a 9 win team at worst with Brady under center. And here is why I feel that way....

1. Tom Brady is the ultimate competitor. Give this guy one drive with the game on the line and he is going to figure it out more often than anybody.

2. The Bengals scored 14 second half TD's in 16 games last year. Pressure or not, and Marvin Lewis be damned, I refuse to believe that Brady would not have produced a better number than that.

3. I believe that Tom Brady has a presence about him which inspires his teammates above and beyond what they might otherwise produce. In addition to that, given his level of success, and stature as a player, I believe Brady would have more of a voice in the offense, meaning we probably would have seen more of Burkhead, and less of Ogbuehi just for starters. And I'm also guessing Brady has some opinions about the play calling...I bet he gets his way, at least more often than a guy like Dalton.

4. Given the thoughts above, The Bengals lost/tied 6 games by 5 points or less. I think it is reasonable to believe that Brady would have figured out a way to win half of those.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2017, 10:37 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Like many other players in the past, he is just an easy target for people's anger.

Not really, I was a AD hater early on, but he's done his job and done it pretty good.
The OL needs to help him reach the next level now.
Reply/Quote