Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Steeler's offense hasn't done squat against us this year
The first game we played them they scored one touchdown in the first quarter and only scored a field goal the rest of the game.

The second game we played them, they scored 33 points, sure. One of those was a pick six though and another one of those was a 15 yard drive resulting from another McCarron pick in Steeler's territory.

The way I see it, the Steelers have scored only 2 legitimate touchdowns against the Bengals all year.

The more I look at this match up, the more I like the Bengals. The Bengals know how to stop the Steeler's offense. Pair that with the Steelers having a more than suspect defense, and I think we pick up the win.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2016, 12:49 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: The first game we played them they scored one touchdown in the first quarter and only scored a field goal the rest of the game.

The second game we played them, they scored 33 points, sure. One of those was a pick six though and another one of those was a 15 yard drive resulting from another McCarron pick in Steeler's territory.

The way I see it, the Steelers have scored only 2 legitimate touchdowns against the Bengals all year.

The more I look at this match up, the more I like the Bengals. The Bengals know how to stop the Steeler's offense. Pair that with the Steelers having a more than suspect defense, and I think we pick up the win.

Don't forget, Deangelo Williams is also out.
Formerly w8ing 4 '08
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
The defense is my biggest hope going into this game. We don't have much of an offense right now. Since McCarron can't move the ball very well the best thing we can hope for is the defense to play lights out.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm afraid of the "3rd time's a charm" mantra. I could see the Steelers put up 40 points and Brown goes for 200 yards receiving.

Once again, I'm a pessimist and usually wrong.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2016, 12:51 PM)PlayerFormerlyKnownAsMousecop Wrote: Don't forget, Deangelo Williams is also out.

It's official ?

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
It's official. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/01/08/deangelo-williams-out-saturday-could-play-next-weekend/
[Image: 8lCdYWF.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2016, 12:55 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: The defense is my biggest hope going into this game. We don't have much of an offense right now. Since McCarron can't move the ball very well the best thing we can hope for is the defense to play lights out.

I think McCarron is more than capable of moving the offense. He showed he could do it against Pittsburgh (2 touchdown drives) and against the best defense in the league, the Broncos (2 touchdown drives). He also isn't turning the ball over.

I believe in McCarron. I really do. 

And lets not forget hes playing the Steelers defense. Their secondary isn't exactly lighting the world on fire. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Count me in in the group of the more I think about it the more I like it.

McCarron threw a dumb pick six and another pick. Yes, a back-up QB thrown into the middle of the game with nigh 0 first team reps will make mistakes. Weeks later, I expect McCarron to take care of the ball, manage the game, and let our running game and defense take care of things.

If our defense can't show up against Pitt, give Guenther the boot.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2016, 01:27 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Count me in in the group of the more I think about it the more I like it.

McCarron threw a dumb pick six and another pick. Yes, a back-up QB thrown into the middle of the game with nigh 0 first team reps will make mistakes. Weeks later, I expect McCarron to take care of the ball, manage the game, and let our running game and defense take care of things.

If our defense can't show up against Pitt, give Guenther the boot.

Take it easy with the negative talk.

We're in the playoffs and playing the Steelers, so save all that shit for the offseason.

I'm loving this with Bell and Williams out because there's now 100% chance of rain here in Cincinnati and light winds, which should make it difficult for their offense.

Ben called out Bryant, which I'm sure was to motivate him, but I'm thinking it could have the opposite effect especially if he drops a ball or doesn't come up big early, and it will just send their entire team into a flurry of shit, and you know Tomlin isn't a strong enough coach to rally them when things are going bad.

Establish the run and limit their opportunities.
Reply/Quote
The steelers are going to pass the ball all game, or attempt to.

"With four or more wideouts on the field, it's a small sample, but the Bengals have been a mess. Teams have gone 15-of-22 for 241 yards with a touchdown and a pick on those plays, with Cincinnati allowing a QBR of 98.3. That's the second-worst rate in the league, just ahead of the Vikings."

And AJ Green is going to kill them if the other AJ takes some chances. I hate to see a shootout.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2016, 01:13 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I think McCarron is more than capable of moving the offense. He showed he could do it against Pittsburgh (2 touchdown drives) and against the best defense in the league, the Broncos (2 touchdown drives). He also isn't turning the ball over.

I believe in McCarron. I really do. 

And lets not forget hes playing the Steelers defense. Their secondary isn't exactly lighting the world on fire. 

That secondary isn't. But that front 7 gets penetration and can definitely get a QB off of his game. McCarron is going to need to stay poised in the pocket and not be afraid to throw the ball instead of having happy feet. There's been too many times plays broke down because he left the pocket and didn't keep his eyes going down the field. He would stare down one receiver while moving.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
This will be interesting. The Steelers will probably come out with all sorts of zone looks after seeing how McCarron dealt poorly with zone against Denver. He is going to have to show he can both find the open receiver and do it faster than he has been doing it.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2016, 02:29 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: The steelers are going to pass the ball all game, or attempt to.

"With four or more wideouts on the field, it's a small sample, but the Bengals have been a mess. Teams have gone 15-of-22 for 241 yards with a touchdown and a pick on those plays, with Cincinnati allowing a QBR of 98.3.  That's the second-worst rate in the league, just ahead of the Vikings."

And AJ Green is going to kill them if the other AJ takes some chances. I hate to see a shootout.

I'm doubting that we'll see a lot of plays from the 4 WR set.  I'm thinking that without having a serious running threat, the pass rush will make it's way to Roethlisberger, and he will have to go to some 2TE sets for protection.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
If that's the case, then the Bengals also only legitimately scored 2 touchdowns against them as well.

If you take away the Steelers one touchdown that was short yardage, you also have to take away a garbage time TD thrown by McCarron.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote