Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dalton Passes Anderson
Congrats to a class act Andy Dalton who is now the all time leader in TD passes for the Bengals.

Anderson played in a less friendly pass era, but nonetheless, a great accomplishment for AD at his age.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Indeed. Congrats to Andy.

It looks like Anderson did his in 192 games. Dalton did his in 128.

Hard to compare eras.
Reply/Quote
Both have wore 14 proud.. and both have done great things for the Franchise.. Anderson is better and should be in HOF.. but Dalton accomplishments are a solid and should not be disregarded.
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2019, 08:41 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Both have wore 14 proud.. and both have done great things for the Franchise.. Anderson is better and should be in HOF.. but Dalton accomplishments are a solid and should not be disregarded.

I agree, if Anderson wins a Super Bowl, he was a lock for the hall of fame

Some say Boomer was better, I say hands down Kenny Anderson best QB for us of all time.

Edited

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2019, 08:43 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I agree, if Anderson wins one of the 2 Super Bowls, he was a lock for the hall of fame

Some say Boomer was better, I say hands down Kenny Anderson best QB for us of all time.

Anderson was only in 1 SB right?
Reply/Quote
[Image: z.jpg]
[Image: zz.jpg]

Two of my all time favorite Bengals. Congratulations to Andy. Tiger

Reply/Quote
(12-01-2019, 08:45 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Anderson was only in 1 SB right?

Yes, my bad, i corrected it

Reply/Quote
(12-01-2019, 08:29 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Congrats to a class act Andy Dalton who is now the all time leader in TD passes for the Bengals.

Anderson played in a less friendly pass era, but nonetheless, a great accomplishment for AD at his age.

Dalton also passed Anderson today to become the franchise leader for completions as well

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(12-01-2019, 08:49 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Yes, my bad, i corrected it

I think you have a valid point though in that if some of our guys had either won a SB they might be in the HOF. Or if they played for higher profile franchises (which SB's tend to bring).

Like IF Anderson was a Cowboys QB...he's in the HOF probably.

Man, another interesting thing is comparing stats. Troy Aikman finished with 165 TD's and 141 Int's. 32,942 yards.

Dalton coming into this game had 197 TD's and 112 Int's for 30,352 yards. Andy would be a HOFer if he played and put up those numbers in the 1980's.
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2019, 10:08 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I think you have a valid point though in that if some of our guys had either won a SB they might be in the HOF. Or if they played for higher profile franchises (which SB's tend to bring).

Man, another interesting thing is comparing stats. Troy Aikman finished with 165 TD's and 141 Int's. 32,942 yards.

Dalton coming into this game had 197 TD's and 112 Int's for 30,352 yards. Andy would be a HOFer if he played and put up those numbers in the 1980's.

Dalton has the best win % of any QB with 100 games as a Bengal also followed by Anderson. Anderson has the better playoff record.

Reply/Quote
(12-01-2019, 08:43 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I agree, if Anderson wins a Super Bowl, he was a lock for the hall of fame

Edited

Only Bengal in the Hall of Fame is Munoz because they could no longer call themselves that without him in it. I think SB or not, Anderson would not get in. I am not saying he shouldn't be, but being a Bengal hurts. 
Reply/Quote
Different eras in some aspects
Anderson had a much harder road to achieve his numbers.
He faced a Steelers defense that simply dominated in the 70s
But ask Jack Lambert who was the best QB to face
The Steel Curtain it was Kenny.
Dalton has the team record but at time you have to look
Beyond the numbers
AD class act. Great man of faith
Reply/Quote
I can't disagree with the era thing, but I doubt people will mention era if/when AJ passes Chad (compare today's passing numbers to 10-15 years ago, it's not close).

Regardless of era, I still think it's a fine accomplishment. The record stood through Boomer, Blake, Carson and many other QB's.

Congrats to Dalton.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2019, 10:08 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I think you have a valid point though in that if some of our guys had either won a SB they might be in the HOF. Or if they played for higher profile franchises (which SB's tend to bring).

Emmitt vultured all of Troy's TD's. Troy was considered an elite QB partly due to his accuracy. Back then, 64% was top notch.

Now we have 4 QB's over 70% and 19 QB's at 64% or better. Rules changes.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Congratulations to the professionalism of one Andy dalton. We can all learn how to respond to adverse situations from him.
Reply/Quote
Congrats to Andy and I wish him all the luck in the world where ever he ends up :andy:

To bad MB wouldn't spring for an Oline and team he could win with.
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2019, 08:29 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Congrats to a class act Andy Dalton who is now the all time leader in TD passes for the Bengals.

The most underappreciated Bengal of all time, is all class.  Kudos to Dalton.  If those two TD passes aren't dropped, he has a near perfect day against a really good defense...without Green and Ross.  Very impressive.  
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2019, 09:20 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: The most underappreciated Bengal of all time, is all class.  Kudos to Dalton.  If those two TD passes aren't dropped, he has a near perfect day against a really good defense...without Green and Ross.  Very impressive.  

Agreed, and it all goes back to what I've always said about Andy....you give him protection, he will play well, regardless of who's catching passes. You don't protect him, he flounders. The return of Glenn and better play across the board lately at oline definitely shows how Dalton can succeed when given time consistently. I even noticed Glenn was the first to congratulate him on the TD pass to Boyd.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote