Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dalton Treats 35 Families To A Day At Kings Island!
Andy and JJ Dalton treated 55 families that have kids that are sick or physically challenged to a day at Kings Island!

He does a lot for the community and the city of Cincinnati, so he's leaving his mark there, and he's really going to leave his mark when he brings us our first playoff game in almost 3 decades!

Here's the story:

Quote:Bengals quarterback Andy Dalton and his wife, JJ, treated 35 families to a day at Kings Island on Saturday, May 11. It was for their foundation’s King for a Day community outreach program.
“JJ and I enjoyed spending the day with these families as they created lasting memories together,” said Andy Dalton. “We wanted them to have the chance to put their challenges aside for a few hours and simply focus on having fun. We really look forward to this event all year.”
Through the program, families from Cincinnati, Dayton and Northern Kentucky enjoyed a day at the amusement park. They also received Fast Lane passes, lunch with the Daltons, soft drink wristbands and special King for a Day t-shirts.
King for a Day is one of five programs hosted by the Andy & JJ Dalton Foundation as it works to provide opportunities, support and resources to seriously ill and physically challenged children and their families.
Founded in 2011, the Andy & JJ Dalton Foundation seeks to provide opportunities, support and resources, along with live-changing experiences, to seriously ill and physically challenged children and their families.

Gotta love the our leader!
Reply/Quote
Whether you like him as the starting QB of the Bengals or not, you have to admit Andy Dalton is a great human being. Much respect to Andy and his wife!
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2019, 05:00 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Whether you like him as the starting QB of the Bengals or not, you have to admit Andy Dalton is a great human being. Much respect to Andy and his wife!

Agreed, he and his wife are a class act, and Cincinnati is lucky to have them helping out in the community.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2019, 05:00 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Whether you like him as the starting QB of the Bengals or not, you have to admit Andy Dalton is a great human being. Much respect to Andy and his wife!

This should be the norm for people earning 5 million or more a year. It's good for tax deductions too.  To his credit, in spite of this, not many NFL players who make $5 mill or more a year do this or something similar to this. Good for him and his recipients.  :andy:
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2019, 06:38 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: This should be the norm for people earning 5 million or more a year. It's good for tax deductions too.  To his credit, in spite of this, not many NFL players who make $5 mill or more a year do this or something similar to this. Good for him and his recipients.  :andy:

Remember he was doing this before the big contract, when he was on his rookie deal.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2019, 07:23 PM)Joelist Wrote: Remember he was doing this before the big contract, when he was on his rookie deal.

That's awesome!
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2019, 06:38 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: This should be the norm for people earning 5 million or more a year. It's good for tax deductions too.  To his credit, in spite of this, not many NFL players who make $5 mill or more a year do this or something similar to this. Good for him and his recipients.  :andy:

Nfl players seem to do a lot more of this than NBA or MLB players. They should all give back for as much money they make. They don’t do nearly enough at all.
Reply/Quote
I read the thread title too fast. At first I read: Dalton threatens 35 families today at Kings Island. Damn, slow down Dog?

Good for him. Another classic example of great character and humanity done right.

Would have been cooler if he would have threatened someone tho. Just sayin. LOL I kid, I kid.

Reply/Quote
(05-19-2019, 01:23 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Nfl players seem to do a lot more of this than NBA or MLB players. They should all give back for as much money they make. They don’t do nearly enough at all.

LeBron James is putting kids through college at the University of Akron...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2019, 09:45 PM)jason Wrote: LeBron James is putting kids through college at the University of Akron...

That's awesome that James is doing that. I've been a LeBron fan for a while, and that makes me like him more.
Reply/Quote
Dalton just visited Dayton Childrens Hospital last week also.

We hear about the few in NFL that get in trouble because Bad is News. Most in NFL do great things such as Anthony Munoz Foundation, but Good is not News.

GO BENGALS
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2019, 02:31 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I read the thread title too fast. At first I read: Dalton threatens 35 families today at Kings Island. Damn, slow down Dog?

Good for him. Another classic example of great character and humanity done right.

Would have been cooler if he would have threatened someone tho. Just sayin. LOL I kid, I kid.

Like the time I saw Hines Ward at King's Island?  I wanted to take out his knee and then say I was blocked in to him....that shit eating grin.  
Reply/Quote
Wow thanks for the invite, Dalton.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Good for the Daltons. I wonder if he sent Scooby Doo out for a pass. Would have been great to have one of the receivers in the costume and unmask themselves.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote