Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Dalton Watched EVERY SNAP Of The Rams' Offense From Last Season!
According to NFL history, Joe Namath was pool side with reporters smoking a cigar and frolicking with women in bikinis and reporters guaranteeing a Super Bowl victory. Meanwhile, Andy is watching every Rams snap from last season.. oh my lordy.
Reply/Quote
(06-10-2019, 08:54 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: How many other quarterbacks do that when they get a new offensive coordinator?

And I'm sure that he didn't just "watch" them because I'm sure that he evaluated each play, took notes, found out tendencies, considered how he could improve his game to fit that style, and various other things, so it's not like he just did it for fun and watched straight through for entertainment.

It shows that Dalton's buying in for this year and is preparing to be able to play his best under Taylor.

Its great Andy 'buys in' and his dedication / work ethic has never been in doubt but I think you are making too much of this to be honest.

Every QB does a full review every off season, and the fact that he's reviewed the Rams offense strikes me as being one of the most obvious things you would do seeing as that offense is more relevant going forward than then Bengals one under Lazor last year.

What we should be worried about is if we here that the Browns, Ravens, Steelers DC's and Players are watching every snap of the Rams last season....i sure as hell would wager if we still had Polamulu and Ed Reed playing against us they would be poring over the rams game tape to get a feel for our new scheme and tendencies.  
Reply/Quote
(06-10-2019, 05:38 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Andy wanted to see what a good QB looked like.....

Or maybe he wanted to see how much better Goff was with a real coach instead of a dud (Fisher).  He can relate!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2019, 07:16 AM)sonofstat Wrote: Its great Andy 'buys in' and his dedication / work ethic has never been in doubt but I think you are making too much of this to be honest.

Every QB does a full review every off season, and the fact that he's reviewed the Rams offense strikes me as being one of the most obvious things you would do seeing as that offense is more relevant going forward than then Bengals one under Lazor last year.

What we should be worried about is if we here that the Browns, Ravens, Steelers DC's and Players are watching every snap of the Rams last season....i sure as hell would wager if we still had Polamulu and Ed Reed playing against us they would be poring over the rams game tape to get a feel for our new scheme and tendencies.  

The beauty of going 6-10 and being last place team is other teams do not respect your team. I would guess no players in the off season from any other team watched every snap of the Bengals and the Rams from 2018. I would also wager AD did watch film on his team and teams in our division and great offensive teams like Pats in the off season.

To discredit work ethic is wrong. If you think every NFL QB or player studies film all the time and in the off season, I think you are gullible. It is OK to give AD credit for his work ethic and his high character and still not like him as our QB.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2019, 09:34 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: The beauty of going 6-10 and being last place team is other teams do not respect your team. I would guess no players in the off season from any other team watched every snap of the Bengals and the Rams from 2018. I would also wager AD did watch film on his team and teams in our division and great offensive teams like Pats in the off season.

To discredit work ethic is wrong. If you think every NFL QB or player studies film all the time and in the off season, I think you are gullible. It is OK to give AD credit for his work ethic and his high character and still not like him as our QB.

Yeah.....if it's such common place, then why did Albert Breer make it a point to acknowledge it?

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(06-11-2019, 07:18 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Or maybe he wanted to see how much better Goff was with a real coach instead of a dud (Fisher).  He can relate!

Oh no you didn't.....you surely didn't question the Mediocre Merv Militia! LMAO

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
"Fortune favors the prepared" - Louis Pasteur
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2019, 02:16 PM)GreenDragon Wrote: "Fortune favors the prepared" - Louis Pasteur

This.  And I don't think it's just a hollow thing that Andy is doing his due diligence.  Nor, as others have said, would I assume that every QB automatically goes to such lengths.  Would Akili Smith?  Driscol?  The throwin' Samoan?  Carr?  Mariota?

We just don't know, but there's probably a decent percentage of NFL starters who would not.

And I think we underestimate Andy more than we should.  He was a pretty darn good QB in 2015 when he a decent O Line and a full complement of receivers.  And from what Callahan was saying I think the coaches are going to focus on his post snap performance

I get frustrated with Andy as much as the next guy, but he does a lot of really good things.  Protect the man and give him targets and he's a potential MVP
Reply/Quote
Everything always goes back to the great 2015 season n what if.
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2019, 04:09 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Everything always goes back to the great 2015 season n what if.

So imagine all that now, just add Dalton being better and more prepared with better weapons and better coaches leading the team!
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2019, 04:25 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: So imagine all that now, just add Dalton being better and more prepared with better weapons and better coaches leading the team!

Now that you mention that, I wonder what happened to HILL after his blown fumble in 2015 and his blown knee last season with the Patriots... is he even back in the nfl?
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2019, 04:09 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Everything always goes back to the great 2015 season n what if.

I thoought everything always went back to "27 years with no playoff wins"
Reply/Quote
(06-12-2019, 01:33 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I thoought everything always went back to "27 years with no playoff wins"

Only if you think owners and GMs influence the game of football.
Reply/Quote
I'm not shocked Andy is doing a lot of prep - he's a very smart NFL pro.
Reply/Quote
So, how modern is this studying film? I’m oh so excited, never heard of such dedication in football!
Reply/Quote
(06-10-2019, 12:32 PM)Earendil Wrote: Justin Timberlake... duh.

Got me.  I'll have to ask my teenage daughter.

EDIT: I just realized I quoted myself instead of Sled! Don't mind me, I'm just going to go sit in the corner and eat lead paint now.
Reply/Quote
(06-10-2019, 05:20 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't mean this as a swipe to Dalton in any way, but if football is your full time job It is really not that big of a deal to watch every offensive snap for a team in a season.

Completely agree. This is a nothing. Dude makes bank and plays the most important position for us. This is tablestakes and something everyone would’ve done
Reply/Quote
(06-12-2019, 09:01 PM)N_B Wrote: Completely agree.  This is a nothing.  Dude makes bank and plays the most important position for us.  This is tablestakes and something everyone would’ve done

Dalton is in his last contract year. I think even he knows its much easier to get an extension here than to have to start from zero, move to another city, negotiate salary & benefits, learn ANOTHER system.. etc etc. and he isn't getting any younger. He is definitely trying to stay another couple years here....gotta look good with your new coaches. :andy:
Reply/Quote
If the Blues can win the Stanley Cup, after 52 years of futility, why not the Bengals?

This is our year, Andy Dalton is going to lead the Bengals to Superbowl victory!

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2019, 09:04 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: If the Blues can win the Stanley Cup, after 52 years of futility, why not the Bengals?  

This is our year, Andy Dalton is going to lead the Bengals to Superbowl victory!

Hey, let's just stop with that optimism, bub!!  Ninja
Reply/Quote