Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Dalton Watched EVERY SNAP Of The Rams' Offense From Last Season!
(06-11-2019, 10:37 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: Now that you mention that, I wonder what happened to HILL after his blown fumble in 2015 and his blown knee last season with the Patriots... is he even back in the nfl?

Oh, he's around. He posted a picture of his Super Bowl Participation Ring with the caption "Champs", and promptly got lit up from the fans.... Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2019, 12:23 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Oh, he's around. He posted a picture of his Super Bowl Participation Ring with the caption "Champs", and promptly got lit up from the fans.... Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious

it takes a real man to win a superbowl while on IR you know.
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2019, 12:53 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: it takes a real man to win a superbowl while on IR you know.

I wonder if Hill's ring came with a card that read:  Here, thanks for nothing..
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-12-2019, 03:27 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: So, how modern is this studying film? I’m oh so excited, never heard of such dedication in football!

Studying film of yourself to see where you can improve or of your opponent to see how they play (usually only of your upcoming opponent and previous week's film of yourself) is one thing, but studying film (of EVERY PLAY, no-less) to find out a coach's style's and tendencies to improve your own game takes it to another level.

Start being a sweet guy, and show me other examples of a player being so dedicated.
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2019, 01:08 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I wonder if Hill's ring came with a card that read:  Here, thanks for nothing..

Hey, he went 4 carries for 25 yards total that year...... Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(06-10-2019, 10:15 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: That's EXACTLY what I was saying.

People act like he's just watching it for entertainment with a bowl of popcorn on his couch.

I'm sure that, on top of everything else I said, he was watching routes, watching how the defense reacted, following the quarterback's progression, and just seeing how the play developed, among other things.

Isn't that how us couch coaches, arm chair QBs and Youtube Analysis watch football?
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2019, 02:11 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Hey, he went 4 carries for 25 yards total that year...... Hilarious

Pretty good YPC!!!  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2019, 12:23 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Oh, he's around. He posted a picture of his Super Bowl Participation Ring with the caption "Champs", and promptly got lit up from the fans.... Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious

I thought he dropped it and it went down the curb drain....... Tongue
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2019, 02:12 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Isn't that how us couch coaches, arm chair QBs and Youtube Analysis watch football?

I don't think that any of us go into that much detail, and especially not on every snap.
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2019, 02:11 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Hey, he went 4 carries for 25 yards total that year...... Hilarious

At that pace, he was headed to the Pro Bowl.
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2019, 09:04 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: If the Blues can win the Stanley Cup, after 52 years of futility, why not the Bengals?

This is our year, Andy Dalton is going to lead the Bengals to Superbowl victory!

The Blues went out and traded for Ryan O’Reilly before the season this year. He ended up winning the Conn Smythe trophy (playoffs MVP). That’s the kind of stuff you have to do to win championships.

What was our biggest move? Signing a bunch of scrubs for depth on the OL?

Reply/Quote
How about we wait to see the result on the field instead of the constant downer?

The offense last year got wrecked by injuries, and also had schematic problems as well as blocking issues. Well, the scheme is completely different and we did concentrate on the blocking in the draft and also Free Agency. So let's see what happens.
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2019, 12:53 AM)Joelist Wrote: How about we wait to see the result on the field instead of the constant downer?

The offense last year got wrecked by injuries, and also had schematic problems as well as blocking issues. Well, the scheme is completely different and we did concentrate on the blocking in the draft and also Free Agency. So let's see what happens.

Ofc it’s wait and see. I’m also being realistic. I don’t think we did enough to improve the team on the field. Especially on defense.

You can’t just count on always outscoring your opponents no matter how good your offense is. Not if you want to win championships. Just ask the Rams.

Reply/Quote
(06-10-2019, 12:31 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: This article says Dalton is set for a breakout season in 2019, and he's putting in the work to make it happen!

He watched every snap of the Rams offense from last season just so he could get a better feeling of what Taylor wants to do and so he could be better prepared:

This has me excited because Dalton's buying-in and is obviously excited about the things that he'll be able to do in Taylor's offense!

Few things that stood out:

Dalton has been a straight drop-back quarterback under Marvin's coordinators and now the new system will have more play-action, which is huge, imco, because Mixon is so good and hits the hole so fast, or even when he's patient, the defense has to stay in their lanes and pause, that Mixon just needs a bit of space, so the defense has to commit to the threat of him breaking a big play, which leaves them vulnerable to the play-action.  It will also bring more big plays to our offense.  It's just another way that Taylor is bringing this team up-to-speed and revolutionizing our play!

Dalton recognizes what the new system will do in terms of giving him time in the pocket and, from his comments, it sounds like he knows he can be as productive as Goff was last season!

Everyone is predicting this team to have a down year, but I think this change is lighting a fire under our players' asses and that we'll have a hell of a year!

Hello all. Nice to meet ya.

First post. Bear w me.

Do 31 year old, 8 year nfl qbs who have been ranked in the bottom half of starters More years than not usually have breakout season?

I can’t think of any.

Happy Father’s Day!
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2019, 05:58 PM)BNSF Wrote: Hello all.  Nice to meet ya.

First post.  Bear w me.

Do 31 year old, 8 year nfl qbs who have been ranked in the bottom half of starters More years than not usually have breakout season?

I can’t think of any.  

Happy Father’s Day!

Steve Young.
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2019, 07:10 PM)Whatever Wrote: Steve Young.

Yikes Hoping Andy turns into Steve young seems like a low probability and real really bad chances.

Forget that Steve started under 40 games prior to his age 31 season

Andy turns 32 in October.

Maybe the reds can just pray that Jesse winter turns into Larry walker too. That’s a good strategy
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2019, 09:04 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: If the Blues can win the Stanley Cup, after 52 years of futility, why not the Bengals?  

This is our year, Andy Dalton is going to lead the Bengals to Superbowl victory!

Not to mention the Raptors beating Golden State for their first title and Andy Ruiz is the heavyweight champ.

It's the year of the underdog.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2019, 07:10 PM)Whatever Wrote: Steve Young.

Rich Gannon.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2019, 05:58 PM)BNSF Wrote: Hello all.  Nice to meet ya.

First post.  Bear w me.

I can’t think of any.  

Happy Father’s Day!

Kurt Warner was 28 and had been in the Arena League the few previous years, which 31 is a lot younger now than it was back then, and Dalton was having an MVP season a few years ago before injury, so maybe this new atmosphere is just what he needs.
Reply/Quote
Dalton sent time with a QB whisperer his first few years in the league. Seems like he improved every year. Hopefully ZT is his new whisperer.
Reply/Quote