Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Dalton Watched EVERY SNAP Of The Rams' Offense From Last Season!
(06-13-2019, 01:59 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Studying film of yourself to see where you can improve or of your opponent to see how they play (usually only of your upcoming opponent and previous week's film of yourself) is one thing, but studying film (of EVERY PLAY, no-less) to find out a coach's style's and tendencies to improve your own game takes it to another level.

Start being a sweet guy, and show me other examples of a player being so dedicated.

I don’t know about the whole sweet guy thing but I would expect players to put in extra effort with a new staff. I would definitely expect the starting QB to go the extra mile. The only thing that matters to me is how it translates, only then will I get excited. I’m jaded as a Bengals fan right now. I will continue to follow and hope for a winner but because of the history of this franchise, I have to see results before I get hyped. I’ve bought into too many of these articles to get overly enthusiastic. I’ve stayed loyal to this organization for a long time but my fanhood is Purely a reflection of the results of this team. There are many Bengals fans out there that are beaten down. It’s a new year, maybe it will lead to enthusiasm vs. indifference. I don’t knock fans that get super excited every offseason over what they read in these articles. I was there once and prefer being that kind of fan but this is what I’ve morphed into when it comes to the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2019, 10:00 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Kurt Warner was 28 and had been in the Arena League the few previous years, which 31 is a lot younger now than it was back then, and Dalton was having an MVP season a few years ago before injury, so maybe this new atmosphere is just what he needs.

So you think Andy dalton can magically subtract 3 years off His age and be Kurt Warner. Interesting.

You’re setting yourself to get disappointed. Probably just like we’ve all
Be the last 25+ years.

But by all means. Keep using bizarre , exception to the rule players to talk about how great the bengals will be. I guess John Ross could end up being Jerry rice too, right? I mean. Why not? And Fisher could end up like Tony Boselli
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2019, 08:40 AM)BNSF Wrote: So you think Andy dalton can magically subtract 3 years off His age and be Kurt Warner.  Interesting.  

You’re setting yourself to get disappointed. Probably just like we’ve all
Be the last 25+ years.

But by all means.  Keep using bizarre , exception to the rule players  to talk about how great the bengals will be.   I guess John Ross could end up being Jerry rice too, right?  I mean. Why not?   And Fisher could end up like Tony Boselli

You think being 31 now is the same as being 31 18(?) years ago?!

You don't think medical advancements and just overall dieting and training has advanced so much that an NFL player is a lot younger at the same age than 18 years ago?

Hell, my dad was an overweight diabetic, and his health has improved so much over the same amount of time and he's in much better shape!  It's like that for any American that puts any amount of effort into being healthy, much-less a professional athlete that trains daily, eats better, etc.

I also love how you try and post like I'm stupid when your post was easily shown to have nothing of any substance  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2019, 05:11 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: You think being 31 now is the same as being 31 18(?) years ago?!

You don't think medical advancements and just overall dieting and training has advanced so much that an NFL player is a lot younger at the same age than 18 years ago?

Hell, my dad was an overweight diabetic, and his health has improved so much over the same amount of time and he's in much better shape!  It's like that for any American that puts any amount of effort into being healthy, much-less a professional athlete that trains daily, eats better, etc.

I also love how you try and post like I'm stupid when your post was easily shown to have nothing of any substance  ThumbsUp

I’m not posting anything insinuating you’re stupid.

I do think your expectations and hopes are 100% based on fandom and lacking much of any realism.

You should be able to discuss things factually. And be open to other opinions when you say outlandish things
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2019, 06:00 PM)BNSF Wrote: I’m not posting anything insinuating you’re stupid.

I do think your expectations and hopes are 100% based on fandom and lacking much of any realism.

You should be able to discuss things factually. And be open to other opinions when you say outlandish things

If what I posted was so outlandish, you'd be able to counter things in that post, but you can't, which is why you ignored the substance of my post.
Reply/Quote
Further proof the offense will resemble the 2015 Dolphins more than the 2018 Rams, a quote from coach Turner:

“You really like a guy like Trey Hopkins. He’s a guy that’s in the mix,” Turner said of his healthy options. “Westerman is still in the mix. Mike Jordan is a young guy and now he could end up being more of a factor. We’ll see how it plays out. John Jerry is a guy that’s been around and knows what to do in our system. He’s going to help these guys. That’s a good pickup for us.”

If Jerry already knows the system, then it’s the Dolphins system not the Rams, he never played for the Rams.
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2019, 04:30 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: If Jerry already knows the system, then it’s the Dolphins system not the Rams, he never played for the Rams.

Maybe the Rams system was not something brand new that had never been tried anywhere else before.
Reply/Quote