Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dalton and McCarron doing well in OTAs per Coley Harvey
http://espn.go.com/blog/cincinnati-bengals/post/_/id/17484/bengals-andy-dalton-aj-mccarron-terrelle-pryor-cincy-quarterbacks-mailbag-part-1

In this article Harvey answers a question about our QB battle for backup. He seems to think McCarron is looking good so far. Quote: "So far in OTAs, Dalton and McCarron have distanced themselves from the others, making strong, timely throws and heady decisions. But again, there's plenty of time for Pryor and Johnson to prove they belong in the mix."
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2015, 09:22 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: http://espn.go.com/blog/cincinnati-bengals/post/_/id/17484/bengals-andy-dalton-aj-mccarron-terrelle-pryor-cincy-quarterbacks-mailbag-part-1

In this article Harvey answers a question about our QB battle for backup.  He seems to think McCarron is looking good so far.    Quote:  "So far in OTAs, Dalton and McCarron have distanced themselves from the others, making strong, timely throws and heady decisions. But again, there's plenty of time for Pryor and Johnson to prove they belong in the mix."

If he can make them to have to keep 3, Pryor has a shot.  It's hard to see how Johnson can possibly make the team.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I'll be pretty shocked if McCarron doesn't make the team. They can't put him on the PS he'd be snatched up in a minute. They have to cut a WR, TE, or RB/FB to keep Pryor and I'd be sorta surprised if they keep 3 QB's so it's going to be interesting to see how this plays out.
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2015, 11:18 PM)McC Wrote: If he can make force them to have to keep 3, Pryor has a shot.  It's hard to see how Johnson can possibly make the team.

Yeah I think Johnson was pretty much gone the minute they signed Pryor.  I would think they would cut him to give him a chance to catch on with somebody else.
Reply/Quote
Saw this article earlier and meant to post about it.

The main reason I like it is because he and Dalton will both push each other to get better and trying to outdo the other.

If the people you're working out with are scrubs, typically you have no desire to better yourself because you can already do things so much better than the people around you, plus the last thing a quarterback wants is to get shown up by his backup in practice.

Not to mention that they can help each other with the mental side (i.e. if one sees something in the progression that the other did wrong, but I just hope McCarron won't be afraid to speak up), as well as helping the other when they see things that the might be doing wrong or picking up bad habits.

If nothing else, maybe McCarron keeps improving, Dalton gets us over the hump, and some team offers us a draft pick in the first three or four rounds for McCarron.

I like it!
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2015, 11:41 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I'll be pretty shocked if McCarron doesn't make the team. They can't put him on the PS he'd be snatched up in a minute. They have to cut a WR, TE, or RB/FB to keep Pryor and I'd be sorta surprised if they keep 3 QB's so it's going to be interesting to see how this plays out.

McCarron would not be snatched up.  He's a mid-armed QB that we picked in the 5th round.  I believe there is talent there, but he's far from a lock to be scooped up.

I'd be surprised if he doesn't beat out the other two, but it's not my decision nor am I qualified to make that call.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2015, 11:41 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I'll be pretty shocked if McCarron doesn't make the team. They can't put him on the PS he'd be snatched up in a minute. They have to cut a WR, TE, or RB/FB to keep Pryor and I'd be sorta surprised if they keep 3 QB's so it's going to be interesting to see how this plays out.

Kinda getting used to this every year now. They have to cut talented players to get to 53, it's a nice problem to have.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Dalton looks better with less pressure on him and with no real competition for his spot there is no pressure in OTAs.

Let's talk about how good he looks on October 11th.
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
Truly, this about represents my excitement about this not news concerning Andy.

[Image: Bored_Face_by_Krasus.jpg]

The dude's now a 5 year pro, he's 27 years old, this is simply expected to the nth degree. We don't see other fanbases get hyped for their incumbent now vet QB "doing well" in offseason work outs, it's only a story if the unexpected opposite occurs.
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2015, 02:05 AM)Stormborn Wrote: Truly, this about represents my excitement about this not news concerning Andy.

The dude's now a 5 year pro, he's 27 years old, this is simply expected to the nth degree. We don't see other fanbases get hyped for their incumbent now vet QB "doing well" in offseason work outs, it's only a story if the unexpected opposite occurs.

It was more about McCarron than Dalton.  We were all wondering how McCarron is going to do since we've yet to see him play in the NFL.  So far, so good.  
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2015, 02:20 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: It was more about McCarron than Dalton.  We were all wondering how McCarron is going to do since we've yet to see him play in the NFL.  So far, so good.  

It's just weird that Coley mentioned Dalton in that. One would hope he's separating from a few scrubs.

McCarron just has to digest the playbook better than Pryor, he's already been in the system 1 year from a learning standpoint, he should have a considerable lead on him.
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2015, 02:28 AM)Stormborn Wrote: It's just weird that Coley mentioned Dalton in that. One would hope he's separating from a few scrubs.

McCarron just has to digest the playbook better than Pryor, he's already been in the system 1 year from a learning standpoint, he should have a considerable lead on him.

Unless Pryor has played in the system of our OC.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(06-07-2015, 03:09 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Unless Pryor has played in the system of our OC.

That's why I think that we may keep 3 QBs.  Pryor has played for Hue before.  Hue might ask them to keep 3 QBs if he thinks he can develop Pryor.  I'm really looking forward to preseason more than usual this year so I can see how Pryor and McCarron do.
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2015, 02:05 AM)Stormborn Wrote: Truly, this about represents my excitement about this not news concerning Andy.

You know...

Boomer went to the SB in his 5th year. Big Grin

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2015, 03:54 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: You know...

Boomer went to the SB in his 5th year. Big Grin

How many years did it take Elway to get a Super Bowl "win" ? How long did it take Favre to get there ? People forget these things and just remember the good.
Reply/Quote

In all fairness, it happens to much older vets, too; those who have won a championship or two. 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000495941/article/eli-manning-feels-more-comfortable-in-giants-offense

That said...what else are you gonna talk about in the offseason?
Reply/Quote
QBs look good in perfectly controlled drills?

[Image: okp66FD.gif]
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2015, 11:50 AM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: QBs look good in perfectly controlled drills?

[Image: okp66FD.gif]
Yeah...  I wanna know who is having a bad OTA...  Is it even possible to have one?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2015, 01:36 PM)jason Wrote: Yeah...  I wanna know who is having a bad OTA...  Is it even possible to have one?

Margus Hunt
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(06-07-2015, 01:36 PM)jason Wrote: Yeah...  I wanna know who is having a bad OTA...  Is it even possible to have one?

Ask Tebow apparently he is terrible at them.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote