Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dalton and McCarron doing well in OTAs per Coley Harvey
(06-07-2015, 01:02 AM)EatonFan Wrote: McCarron would not be snatched up.  He's a mid-armed QB that we picked in the 5th round.  I believe there is talent there, but he's far from a lock to be scooped up.

I'd be surprised if he doesn't beat out the other two, but it's not my decision nor am I qualified to make that call.

He will be picked up by Cleveland in a heartbeat! 
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2015, 10:09 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: How many years did it take Elway to get a Super Bowl "win" ? How long did it take Favre to get there ? People forget these things and just remember the good.

Yes, but those guys did not have the dubious distinction of going one and done, in the playoffs, 4 consecutive years.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2015, 05:03 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yes, but those guys did not have the dubious distinction of going one and done, in the playoffs, 4 consecutive years.

True, but they did have the benefits of being coached by Holmgren and Dan Reeves rather than Marvin Lewis.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2015, 04:42 PM)J24 Wrote: Ask Tebow apparently he is terrible at them.
And he beat the Steelers in the playoffs, so that sounds promising for Dalton  ThumbsUp
(06-07-2015, 05:03 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yes, but those guys did not have the dubious distinction of going one and done, in the playoffs, 4 consecutive years.

We're all frustrated with that, but Dalton will have Hill at 100% for this season's playoff game, he'll have a healthy and better D, he'll have Kroft to pair with AJ and a healthy Eifert (not to mention Jones, but I think those three, along with Hill, will be enough to destroy any defense), and we'll be able to make a deep run in the playoffs.

Dalton will step-up and just our team will just be a rolling machine and impossible to stop.
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2015, 09:22 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: http://espn.go.com/blog/cincinnati-bengals/post/_/id/17484/bengals-andy-dalton-aj-mccarron-terrelle-pryor-cincy-quarterbacks-mailbag-part-1

In this article Harvey answers a question about our QB battle for backup.  He seems to think McCarron is looking good so far.    Quote:  "So far in OTAs, Dalton and McCarron have distanced themselves from the others, making strong, timely throws and heady decisions. But again, there's plenty of time for Pryor and Johnson to prove they belong in the mix."

Johnson is nothing more than a body. He will not come close to showing he belongs. He did not belong the last time he was here he was merely the not worst of the garbage.
Reply/Quote

Yes but did they have the distinction of making the playoffs 4 years in a row?
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2015, 09:22 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: http://espn.go.com/blog/cincinnati-bengals/post/_/id/17484/bengals-andy-dalton-aj-mccarron-terrelle-pryor-cincy-quarterbacks-mailbag-part-1

In this article Harvey answers a question about our QB battle for backup.  He seems to think McCarron is looking good so far.    Quote:  "So far in OTAs, Dalton and McCarron have distanced themselves from the others, making strong, timely throws and heady decisions. But again, there's plenty of time for Pryor and Johnson to prove they belong in the mix."

I've longed for a good backup QB for several years now. The blog post isn't a surprise however as I've never consider Johnson or Pryor a viable option to start an NFL game.

Reply/Quote
(06-07-2015, 06:14 PM)BengalChris Wrote: I've longed for a good backup QB for several years now. The blog post isn't a surprise however as I've never consider Johnson or Pryor a viable option to start an NFL game.

I'm amazed at how long Johnson has been able to hang on in the league. 

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
"But again, there's plenty of time for Pryor and Johnson to prove they belong in the mix."

Meh, those 2 have had years to establish NFL relevance...forgive me for not holding my breath!
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2015, 01:36 PM)jason Wrote: Yeah...  I wanna know who is having a bad OTA...  Is it even possible to have one?

Hmm, well Fowler, Herurerurman, and Clady all suffered season-ending injuries during OTAs, so I'd say that qualifies.
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2015, 06:27 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I'm amazed at how long Johnson has been able to hang on in the league. 

He's hasn't had to come into a game when his team absolutely depended on him to put up a win in a very long time.

Reply/Quote
(06-07-2015, 04:44 PM)magikod Wrote: He will be picked up by Cleveland in a heartbeat! 

Yeah, there are some pretty QB hungry teams out there. McCarron will make the roster. The question is if we'll carry a 3rd QB or not. I expect that we will.

Reply/Quote
(06-07-2015, 02:00 AM)Lawless_1 Wrote: Dalton looks better with less pressure on him and with no real competition for his spot there is no pressure in OTAs.

Let's talk about how good he looks on October 11th.

This.   Andy's growth and McCarron's ability will be decided under pressure.
Reply/Quote
AJ McCarron Super Bowl 50 MVP.
[Image: bey.gif]
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2015, 01:02 AM)EatonFan Wrote: McCarron would not be snatched up.  He's a mid-armed QB that we picked in the 5th round.  I believe there is talent there, but he's far from a lock to be scooped up.

I'd be surprised if he doesn't beat out the other two, but it's not my decision nor am I qualified to make that call.

He most likely would be.

Yes, he was drafted in the 5th round, so what? He was also hurt, and that he was going to have to pretty much sit out a year to get healthy. Do you not think that that wasn't a factor on his draft status? A healthy McCarron was slated to go much higher in the draft than the "5th" round, more like late 1st to should be gone by the 3rd round.
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2015, 11:41 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I'll be pretty shocked if McCarron doesn't make the team. They can't put him on the PS he'd be snatched up in a minute. They have to cut a WR, TE, or RB/FB to keep Pryor and I'd be sorta surprised if they keep 3 QB's so it's going to be interesting to see how this plays out.

Why would McCarron be snatched up in a minute?
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2015, 09:36 PM)OSUfan Wrote: Why would McCarron be snatched up in a minute?

Shortage of good QBs in the league, desperate teams do desperate things. 

Not saying McCarron would be good, just that there are teams in desperate need of SOMETHING at QB
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2015, 07:56 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: He most likely would be.

Yes, he was drafted in the 5th round, so what? He was also hurt, and that he was going to have to pretty much sit out a year to get healthy. Do you not think that that wasn't a factor on his draft status? A healthy McCarron was slated to go much higher in the draft than the "5th" round, more like late 1st to should be gone by the 3rd round.

McCarron late first? You cannot be serious. He is another in a very long line of very, very average QBs to come out of Alabama. Let's face it Alabama is so stacked every year that they do not need stud QBs to win.
Reply/Quote