Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dalton and Watt
What the hell was Andy talking about? He got his feelings hurt?

He's still talking about it nonsensically today.

He sounds like a crazy person, crying about Watt calling him the Red Ryder BB gun.

Then claiming he has not read or heard JJ's quote.

Real awkward and sort of painful to see Andy freak out and melt down so hilariously. Hes havingTeenage girl syndrome.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2015, 04:41 PM)Blake2Pickens Wrote: What the hell was Andy talking about?  He got his feelings hurt?

He sounds like a crazy person, crying about Watt calling him the Red Ryder BB gun.

Real awkward and sort of painful to see Andy freak out and melt down so hilariously.   Hes havingTeenage girl syndrome.

What???? 

"I'm disappointed in him because of the integrity of this game," Dalton said. "I have a lot of respect for him. He's a really good player. There are a lot of kids and people who look up to him, and for him to make comments like that, he's just showing that's acceptable to say that kind of stuff.

"It's disappointing for one of the best players in this league to come out and say something like that, so that's all I'm going to say about that. He's a good player, but for him to be one of the best in this league and to show that integrity, it shows what he's about, and that's disappointing."
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2015, 04:41 PM)Blake2Pickens Wrote: He's still talking about it nonsensically today.

Where did you see him talking about it today.  Have to agree though, should just dust it off and move on.  JJ is a ***** though.  Needs to get a new head writer.  Thats some weak smack.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2015, 04:47 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Where did you see him talking about it today.  Have to agree though, should just dust it off and move on.  JJ is a ***** though.  Needs to get a new head writer.  Thats some weak smack.

Just when Dalton can't get any more weird.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14161842/cincinnati-bengals-quarterback-andy-dalton-says-reaction-jj-watt-comment-warranted

"What I did wrong is that I responded to what somebody said that he said," Dalton said Wednesday. "I never even heard his interview. So I don't know the context in which it was said. I don't know what he said before, I don't know what he said after. My part, I shouldn't have reacted the way I did without hearing what he said and actually hearing what he said. I was responding to what an interviewer tells me he said.

"My reaction wasn't warranted just because, again, I haven't seen it. I'm not going to watch, I don't care."

------------------

Yeah Mr thin skinned, you obviously care A LOT.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2015, 04:52 PM)Blake2Pickens Wrote: Just when Dalton can't get any more weird.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14161842/cincinnati-bengals-quarterback-andy-dalton-says-reaction-jj-watt-comment-warranted

"What I did wrong is that I responded to what somebody said that he said," Dalton said Wednesday. "I never even heard his interview. So I don't know the context in which it was said. I don't know what he said before, I don't know what he said after. My part, I shouldn't have reacted the way I did without hearing what he said and actually hearing what he said. I was responding to what an interviewer tells me he said.

"My reaction wasn't warranted just because, again, I haven't seen it. I'm not going to watch, I don't care."

------------------

Yeah Mr thin skinned, you obviously care A LOT.

Dalton used the word 'said'  seven times in 4 sentences.  Bizzaro
Reply/Quote
It doesn't make me think less of Andy generally he is stoic and cool headed. The headline they created is more interesting then what actually happen. It's pretty annoying the way football has become a soap opera for men off of the field.

Save the drama for your mama and lets play/watch football!
Reply/Quote
I mean truth be told I had the same reaction as Dalton when I initially read Watt's comment. It was clearly a dig and tbh if I was a ginger I might have a problem with someone making degrading comments concerning my hair too.

I know football is supposed to be machismo as Hell but there's a line and making aggressive comments that are that personal to the media would have ticked me off too. The lady interviewing Watt was even very taken aback after he said that. Watch it again.
Formerly w8ing 4 '08
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
I think Dalton overreacted yesterday and it came off as weak. That said, they threw this in his face 10 minutes after a very frustrating loss. I'm good with his comments today. He didn't know the context and now that he's had some time to think about it (and probably saw the video), he realizes it was no big deal.

Dalton has shown plenty of mental toughness this year with how he bounced back and delivered against Seattle, Pittsburgh and even on the last drive against Houston. I'll judge him on that rather than some silly comment he made when emotions were still high 10 minutes after a game.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Um.....it seems that he agrees that he shouldn't have even acknowledged it to begin with and that he made a mistake in doing so? I'm not seeing where he's crazy or talking nonsensically? Am I missing something? I mean, he was just answering a question about it, correct? Hell OP, you've posted FOUR posts in this very thread about it.....seems someone else is a bit more obsessed here.....just sayin' Wink

ExtraRadiohead....you nailed it.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Dalton was just pissed that they lost against a bad Texans team. He said some things that he regrets out of frustration. He wouldn't have brought it up again if a reporter didn't ask him today.

I think it's funny that a lot of people used to get on Daltons case because he wasn't angery after a loss, and now that he got pissed off people are calling him a crybaby. I guess I shouldn't be surprised people try and bash him no matter what he does.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2015, 05:09 PM)PlayerFormerlyKnownAsMousecop Wrote: I mean truth be told I had the same reaction as Dalton when I initially read Watt's comment. It was clearly a dig and tbh if I was a ginger I might have a problem with someone making degrading comments concerning my hair too.

I know football is supposed to be machismo as Hell but there's a line and making aggressive comments that are that personal to the media would have ticked me off too. The lady interviewing Watt was even very taken aback after he said that. Watch it again.

Yup. I had a similar reaction initially. Was a personal shot necessary? You don't hear it much in football these days. They show respect for one another.

That said, after I thought about it, I don't mind what he said. It was kinda harmless really, and I miss when football players were allowed to show some personality.

It's funny though, I bet Watt would love to have a QB as good as Dalton. Talking QB smack when your guys are Hoyer and Yates? Lol, c'mon bro.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2015, 05:22 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Yup. I had a similar reaction initially. Was a personal shot necessary? You don't hear it much in football these days. They show respect for one another.

That said, after I thought about it, I don't mind what he said. It was kinda harmless really, and I miss when football players were allowed to show some personality.

It's funny though, I bet Watt would love to have a QB as good as Dalton. Talking QB smack when your guys are Hoyer and Yates? Lol, c'mon bro.

He is called the Red Rifle.  Now calling his red hair into play is mean?
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2015, 05:28 PM)Blake2Pickens Wrote: He is called the Red Rifle.  Now calling his red hair into play is mean?

Yeah.  I'm pretty sure he's dealt with the color of his hair at this point.  
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2015, 05:33 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Yeah.  I'm pretty sure he's dealt with the color of his hair at this point.  

Heck his hair color was brought up as a reason not to draft him. I'm sure he"s sick to death his hair being brought up, and the constant red jokes. Heck, "red bb gun" is teasing his hair AND his arm (another thing that's constantly brought up).

He handled it much better today, but I can see why he'd be irritated with that tired old joke 10 minutes after a tough loss.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2015, 05:54 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Heck his hair color was brought up as a reason not to draft him. I'm sure he"s sick to death his hair being brought up, and the constant red jokes. Heck, "red bb gun" is teasing his hair AND his arm (another thing that's constantly brought up).

He handled it much better today, but I can see why he'd be irritated with that tired old joke 10 minutes after a tough loss.

The NFL Draft is one of my favorite events of the year. It's pretty much a holiday for me. However, when Dalton's hair color came up during pre-draft analysis, I remember thinking, "You know, I think the draft is starting to get too in depth, even for me."
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2015, 06:01 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: The NFL Draft is one of my favorite events of the year. It's pretty much a holiday for me. However, when Dalton's hair color came up during pre-draft analysis, I remember thinking, "You know, I think the draft is starting to get too in depth, even for me."

I've enjoyed the draft a lot less since it has gone to 8 pm. It really dawned on me how over the top it had become when players started choosing their own walk on music like WCW wrestlers. The old schedule was awesome too.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2015, 06:25 PM)ExtraRadiohead Wrote: I've enjoyed the draft a lot less since it has gone to 8 pm. It really dawned on me how over the top it had become when players started choosing their own walk on music like WCW wrestlers.  The old schedule was awesome too.

My issue with this year's draft was how long it took to announce picks because Goodell was constantly walking between buildings. I swear they constantly find ways to drag it on even when they tried to shorten it.

Fewer minutes between picks? Great idea. Let's make each drafted player a custom jersey? Awful idea.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2015, 04:41 PM)Blake2Pickens Wrote: What the hell was Andy talking about?  He got his feelings hurt?

Real awkward and sort of painful to see Andy freak out and melt down so hilariously.   Hes havingTeenage girl syndrome.
What's the point of this post exactly?  The only thing I learned from that whole exchange is that JJ Watt must read the comments section of PFT.com because that Red Ryder BB Gun thing gets thrown out there a lot.  Sure wasn't original.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2015, 05:28 PM)Blake2Pickens Wrote: He is called the Red Rifle.  Now calling his red hair into play is mean?

What if he was of some other ethnicity , and an ethnic slur was inserted there.....would it still be funny?

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-18-2015, 07:38 PM)Wyche Wrote: What if he was of some other ethnicity , and an ethnic luslur was inserted there.....would it still be funny?

Hair color isn't an ethnicity, chief.
Reply/Quote