Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Dalton and his OC's.....
Poor Andy Dalton will probably have his 4th OC in 5 years. The constant change cant be good.

Learning from the ones he's had has been good (esp Gruden and Hue) but gosh Im sure he's sick of all the change.

:andy:
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2016, 12:47 PM)corpjet Wrote: Poor Andy Dalton will probably have his 4th OC in 5 years.  The constant change cant be good.

Learning from the ones he's had has been good (esp Gruden and Hue) but gosh Im sure he's sick of all the change.

:andy:

Probably, if Marvin retires, doubtful if he doesn't.

Right now they are 10th in total offense. That probably won't hold based upon their injuries and their second half offensive performance against the Bills.

If, by some miracle it doesn't drop below 15, Lewis can use that as an excuse to keep Zampese based upon the following:

OFFENSIVE STANDINGS:

2011 - 20th
2012 - 22nd
2013 - 10th
2014 - 15th
2015 - 15th
Currently - 10th

DEFENSIVE STANDINGS:

2011 - 7th
2012 - 6th
2013 - 3rd
2014 - 22nd
2015 - 11th
Currently - 23rd
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2016, 12:49 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Probably, if Marvin retires, doubtful if he doesn't.

Right now they are 10th in total offense.  That probably won't hold based upon their injuries and their second half offensive performance against the Bills.

If, by some miracle it doesn't drop below 15, Lewis can use that as an excuse to keep Zampese based upon the following:

OFFENSIVE STANDINGS:

2011 - 20th
2012 - 22nd
2013 - 10th
2014 - 15th
2015 - 15th
Currently - 10th

DEFENSIVE STANDINGS:

2011 - 7th
2012 - 6th
2013 - 3rd
2014 - 22nd
2015 - 11th
Currently - 23rd

Points are what matter in the long run.

2011 - 18th
2012 - 12th
2013 - Tied for 6th
2014 - 15th
2015 - 7th
Currently - Tied for 25th

This is the ONLY time that they've averaged below 21 points. They're averaging 19 points a game

For defense?

2011 - 9th
2012 - 8th
2013 - Tied for 5th
2014 - 12th
2015 - 2nd
Currently - 17th

You can't go by yardage alone. If you did, you'd think this year's offense was better than last year's due to their standings. It all comes down to points, not yards.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2016, 02:56 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Points are what matter in the long run.

2011 - 18th
2012 - 12th
2013 - Tied for 6th
2014 - 15th
2015 - 7th

This is the ONLY time that they've averaged below 21 points. They're averaging 19 points a game

For defense?

2011 - 9th
2012 - 8th
2013 - Tied for 5th
2014 - 12th
2015 - 2nd
Currently - 17th

You can't go by yardage alone. If you did, you'd think this year's offense was better than last year's due to their standings. It all comes down to points, not yards.

I agree points are more important but they seem to use yards as the defensive ranking tool. or used to not sure if they score multiple things now
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2016, 12:49 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: DEFENSIVE STANDINGS:

2011 - 7th
2012 - 6th
2013 - 3rd

2014 - 22nd
2015 - 11th
Currently - 23rd

(11-23-2016, 02:56 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: 2011 - 9th
2012 - 8th
2013 - Tied for 5th

2014 - 12th
2015 - 2nd
Currently - 17th

Hey... anyone know when Zimmer left on this list?   Ninja

Minnesota Yards..
2011: 21st
2012: 16th
2013: 31st
2014: 14th
2015: 13th
Present: 3rd

Minnesota Points..
2011: 31st
2012: 14th-t
2013: 32nd
2014: 11th
2015: 5th
Present: 2nd

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2016, 05:07 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Hey... anyone know when Zimmer left on this list?   Ninja

Minnesota Yards..
2011: 21st
2012: 16th
2013: 31st
2014: 14th
2015: 13th
Present: 3rd

Minnesota Points..
2011: 31st
2012: 14th-t
2013: 32nd
2014: 11th
2015: 5th
Present: 2nd

I will give Guenther credit for last year. However, I didn't like the move when Zimmer left and I still don't like the move.

Guenther has added nothing to our defense other than dropping defensive ends into coverage. Which is terrible and stupid.
He just uses Zimmer's general blue print but doesn't call the best plays when they matter the most. I mean, offenses use mismatches against us and Guenther never changes his personnel or scheme.

How many times did we see a linebacker on Bennett, Gronk, or any TE and how many times did we see them decide to put a slot nickel CB on one tight end because we were getting beat?

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2016, 10:28 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: I will give Guenther credit for last year. However, I didn't like the move when Zimmer left and I still don't like the move.

Guenther has added nothing to our defense other than dropping defensive ends into coverage. Which is terrible and stupid.
He just uses Zimmer's general blue print but doesn't call the best plays when they matter the most. I mean, offenses use mismatches against us and Guenther never changes his personnel or scheme.

How many times did we see a linebacker on Bennett, Gronk, or any TE and how many times did we see them decide to put a slot nickel CB on one tight end because we were getting beat?

I know everyone complains about dropping a DE into a zone but it is a valid scheme that is used by all 4-3 teams. It's usually a disguised blitz overloading the opposite side with a LB or DB.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
What makes people think Zampese won't be around for 10 years? Since 2000 we've had Brat, Gruden, Hue, and Zampese. Brat was going to be around for 2011 and was only fired because Palmer demanded a trade, Gruden and Hue were lost to HC positions...Zampese?

Well, let's just say I see him sticking around ala Brat for a long time. He isn't getting a HC offer any time soon (if ever) and Mike Brown has fired (I think) a single OC in his entire run as the Bengals owner. Right? I'm thinking Coslet was the OC and was promoted to HC, Ken Anderson was the OC who was demoted but stayed with the organization, Bratkowsi was fired after some arm twisting, Gruden got a HC gig, Hue got a HC gig, Zampese _______.

I could be wrong, but I see Zampese sticking around for a while.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2016, 02:11 PM)Nately120 Wrote: What makes people think Zampese won't be around for 10 years?  Since 2000 we've had Brat, Gruden, Hue, and Zampese.  Brat was going to be around for 2011 and was only fired because Palmer demanded a trade, Gruden and Hue were lost to HC positions...Zampese?

Well, let's just say I see him sticking around ala Brat for a long time.  He isn't getting a HC offer any time soon (if ever) and Mike Brown has fired (I think) a single OC in his entire run as the Bengals owner.  Right?  I'm thinking Coslet was the OC and was promoted to HC, Ken Anderson was the OC who was demoted but stayed with the organization, Bratkowsi was fired after some arm twisting, Gruden got a HC gig, Hue got a HC gig, Zampese _______.

I could be wrong, but I see Zampese sticking around for a while.

Agree, sadly. Zamp may even survive a head coaching change. Should the apocalypse happen and Marvin goes.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2016, 12:47 AM)Synric Wrote: I know everyone complains about dropping a DE into a zone but it is a valid scheme that is used by all 4-3 teams. It's usually a disguised blitz overloading the opposite side with a LB or DB.

Its used by all 4-3 teams but its used RARELY. And on top of doing this hell do this and not even send a respectable blitz from the other side of the formation

Gunther will seriously go 8 in coverage CONSISTENTLY on 3rd down. And we wonder why our 3rd down % is so trash on defense. Because guys literally run right to the hole in the zone and sit there and wait for the pass.

Gunther calls a couple good plays but all in all hes trash. I made a post about him earlier in the season where I said hes ignored most of the blue print Zimmer left because he wanted to make a name for himself using HIS trash ass plan. He forced the guys to change scheme and learn HIS plays. That's why guys look so out of place all the ***** time. But even after it showed that his plan sucked he still ran it because hes egotistical and probably believes the only reason his trash plays don't work is because the players are doing them wrong. Like that game where Pitt scored on us late because Gunther ran prevent on the most important drive of the game. I guarantee he doesn't think that was bad playcall. He probably thinks the players ran the defense wrong. And it shows because he constantly runs prevent in situations where we shouldn't

you guys remember that Pitt game? We were up like 1 ***** point with 10 whole mins left in the 4th and Gunther ran prevent and Pitt literally MARCHED down to the endzone. At that point in the season I seriously thought our coaches were sabotaging the team.

Iv been on Zamp's head all season but I think he actually kept a huge chunk of Hue's playbook. He's just flat out a shitty situational play caller. Our best stretches of offense come when we put Dalton In hurry up and let him call his own plays. How many times have we watched games where we only attack horizontally and get nowhere. Then we go hurry up to end quarters and Dalton calls his own plays and we attack the seams and we get a FG or sometimes a TD? Zampese doesn't have a ego problem he just has a talent and creativity problem. Dude calls plays like its 1962

And lets not even get on Marvin. A whole opposing d line could sit there and bash Dalton's head in WWE style after the play and refs could ignore it and act like they didn't see it and Marvin would STILL not take up for his player. Dude is soft. No wonder this team has zero discipline. Marvin plays that hard ass tough guy routine in practice on hard knocks but doesn't do shit for the players when they are shafted on field.

You don't gotta be Bill Cower but damn show a spine
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2016, 10:41 PM)Housh Wrote: Its used by all 4-3 teams but its used RARELY. And on top of doing this hell do this and not even send a respectable blitz from the other side of the formation
As I read this I was watching Ladarius Green beat a Colt DE in coverage...

Edit and they are a 3-4 team lol.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2016, 02:56 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Points are what matter in the long run.

2011 - 18th
2012 - 12th
2013 - Tied for 6th
2014 - 15th
2015 - 7th

For defense?

2011 - 9th
2012 - 8th
2013 - Tied for 5th
2014 - 12th
2015 - 2nd
Currently - 17th

Agreed, and last year's defense would likely have this team sitting pretty this year.  More possessions for the offense, etc.  

The ranking of 17th is a bit deceptive, though, as there have been games where the opposition called off the dogs after getting up a couple scores (Dallas, Broncos, steelers).

It has been hard to watch the defense this year.  Except for a few nice plays by Dre Kirk, Burfict, and Josh Shaw, they have largely been downright awful.  
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2016, 02:25 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Agree, sadly. Zamp may even survive a head coaching change. Should the apocalypse happen and Marvin goes.

The Cubs did win the world series this year, right?  So I mean, Marvin MIGHT go...  it's been an unusual world this year in a lot of ways...  LOL
Reply/Quote
Someday Andy Dalton will be like Peyton Manning -- his own best offensive coordinator. The one consistently bright spot on the terrible Cincinnati offense this year has been Andy who won a few games all by himself and nearly won several more.

Don't forget Andy's pre-draft interview back in 2011. He explained the playbook in detail to Marvin Lewis and Jay Gruden.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2016, 12:47 AM)Synric Wrote: I know everyone complains about dropping a DE into a zone but it is a valid scheme that is used by all 4-3 teams. It's usually a disguised blitz overloading the opposite side with a LB or DB.

The problem is that Guenther doesn't call it rarely. In the Redskins game he called that play more than 5 times.

Doesn't matter whether other 4-3 teams use that play concept. It doesn't work for us, and you're dropping your best pass rusher into coverage. We have a hard enough time reaching the QB. Getting rid of your best pass rusher only allows the opponent more time to pick you apart.

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2016, 03:29 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: The problem is that Guenther doesn't call it rarely. In the Redskins game he called that play more than 5 times.

Doesn't matter whether other 4-3 teams use that play concept. It doesn't work for us, and you're dropping your best pass rusher into coverage. We have a hard enough time reaching the QB. Getting rid of your best pass rusher only allows the opponent more time to pick you apart.

Honestly I wouldn't mind MJ dropping into coverage occasionally, as he has some experience at LB and isn't much of a pass rusher. Dunlap should do what he does best though.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2016, 03:29 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: The problem is that Guenther doesn't call it rarely. In the Redskins game he called that play more than 5 times.

Or does it successfully create one on one match ups for for Geno like it did against the Giants.

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2016, 02:18 PM)jonesy84 Wrote: The Cubs did win the world series this year, right?  So I mean, Marvin MIGHT go...  it's been an unusual world this year in a lot of ways...  LOL

I realize you are joking, but a few years ago the Cubs pitched their loser staff for the top GM and a top manager. They opened the purse strings and went all in and it paid off. Pretty wacky seeing them make huge moves to kill a drought while we stay a Ho hum course.
Reply/Quote
On a positive note.

None of our coaches will be promoted to HC by other teams this year. Lol

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2016, 09:56 PM)Go Cards Wrote: On a positive note.

None of our coaches will be promoted to HC by other teams this year. Lol

Is that really a positive note? Hmm
Reply/Quote