Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dalton and the AFCN
Well on the bright side, even with the unfortunate INTs yesterday, Dalton is officially the best QB in the AFCN this year. In fact, it's not even really close. He's the only QB to have a positive TD:INT ratio in the division despite going 0:4 in the first two weeks under Zampese.

Kizer- 3 TD/9 INT, 49.5 QB Rating
Flacco- 4 TD/6 INT, 71.0 QB Rating
Rapistburger- 6 TD/7 INT, 75.8 QB Rating
Dalton- 7 TD/6 INT, 87.5 QB Rating

(PS: Man does this division suck this year. Lol)

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Watch out for "Hollywood" Kevin Hogan!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2017, 09:30 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Watch out for "Hollywood" Kevin Hogan!

Honestly not sure how Kizer got the starting job, assuming they had a competition for it. Every time Hogan has gotten into the game this year he's outperformed Kizer handily. (Not that it's really been hard to do with how Kizer's played.) For that matter Kessler looked pretty good last year and hasn't even gotten a chance this year.

Odd how the Browns went with their third best QB as their starter. It's one of many things that makes me believe that the Browns aren't actually trying to win this year and are tanking for the 1st overall next year in what's supposedly an amazing QB class.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2017, 09:40 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Honestly not sure how Kizer got the starting job, assuming they had a competition for it. Every time Hogan has gotten into the game this year he's outperformed Kizer handily. (Not that it's really been hard to do with how Kizer's played.) For that matter Kessler looked pretty good last year and hasn't even gotten a chance this year.

Odd how the Browns went with their third best QB as their starter
. It's one of many things that makes me believe that the Browns aren't actually trying to win this year and are tanking for the 1st overall next year in what's supposedly an amazing QB class.

Its all about adding names to the jersey at this point, they effed up taking Peppers over Watson.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Kinda weird how bad it is because we were arguably the toughest division for several years.

I think the Steelers have to have some kind of locker room turmoil that hasn't been divulged.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2017, 09:30 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Watch out for "Hollywood" Kevin Hogan!

hues an idiot if they would Start Kevin they would have won a game by now
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2017, 09:58 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Kinda weird how bad it is because we were arguably the toughest division for several years.

I think the Steelers have to have some kind of locker room turmoil that hasn't been divulged.

I don't think the locker room was every that hunky dory.  Losing just magnifies things and makes it look far more negative.  

(10-09-2017, 10:38 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: hues an idiot if they would Start Kevin they would have won a game by now

Ehh, maybe.  The NFL is full of yearly examples of backups who come in and perform well and eventually trail off when there is tape on them and/or a gameplan in place for them.  The difference between a backup QB and a starting QB is consistency.  If the Browns roll with Hogan for a while I'd be very surprised if he doesn't sink down to near Kizer's level.  Well, maybe not THAT far but you get the idea.
Reply/Quote
C'mon..it's the Browns where QBs go to die... It's probably in every QB's contract in Cleveland: Play horrible or get benched then traded for 5 1st round picks because the draft IS Cleveland's super bowl every season.. I'm starting to believe that the Browns will someday have 53 first round picks on their team and still lose. 
You really have to wonder how they seem to have an endless supply of money to spend on FAs, first round picks and still lose. If we're the Washington Generals of the league Cleveland still has us beat at the game. 
I don't believe in accidental stupidity. It's intentional. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(10-09-2017, 09:58 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Kinda weird how bad it is because we were arguably the toughest division for several years.

It's been divulged. Tomlin wanted them to stay in the locker room for the anthem, Villanueva, either on purpose or by accident, wound up the only guy on the field standing with his hand over his heart, his jersey sales go to #1, Piggy then states he wanted to be on the field too (buy my jersey too), Tomlin berates them and says they should respect their team, Diva Brown whines he's not getting the ball enough.... Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious  
Reply/Quote
Ben and Flacco have just been awful, although this level of play isn't strange territory for Flacco.

Dalton has just been a tale of 2 coordinators. 47.2 rating with Zampese. 116.2 rating with Lazor. If you average Dalton's numbers under Lazor out to a full season, he'd have...

4,405 yards
37 TDs
11 INTs
73.1% complete
116.2 rating

I doubt he keeps up those rates, but wow.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2017, 12:33 PM)Sled21 Wrote: It's been divulged. Tomlin wanted them to stay in the locker room for the anthem, Villanueva, either on purpose or by accident, wound up the only guy on the field standing with his hand over his heart, his jersey sales go to #1, Piggy then states he wanted to be on the field too (buy my jersey too), Tomlin berates them and says they should respect their team, Diva Brown whines he's not getting the ball enough.... Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious  

I've been reading that Brown is angry at Ben for the whole anthem fiasco and that his reaction to the pass not being thrown his way was that he thought he was purposely being ignored. They have serious issues, and Brown has turned into the prototypical diva receiver. Bell looks like he's hit that wall running backs do when theyve had x amount of touches. And BR looks shot. He looks like a boxer that you've seen for years and by the end of the first round realize has nothing left and know he's about to get punished. 

Their D looks young and pretty good. It will be a dogfight in the division. Outside of OL, we have the best roster. At 2-3 this is basically a dead heat now. No excuses to not win a really mediocre divison
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2017, 01:52 PM)Brimey Wrote: I've been reading that Brown is angry at Ben for the whole anthem fiasco and that his reaction to the pass not being thrown his way was that he thought he was purposely being ignored. They have serious issues, and Brown has turned into the prototypical diva receiver. Bell looks like he's hit that wall running backs do when theyve had x amount of touches. And BR looks shot. He looks like a boxer that you've seen for years and by the end of the first round realize has nothing left and know he's about to get punished. 

Their D looks young and pretty good. It will be a dogfight in the division. Outside of OL, we have the best roster. At 2-3 this is basically a dead heat now. No excuses to not win a really mediocre divison

I've only read reports so will be interested to see how they look when we play them post bye.  

Ben's numbers are terrible this year but there is always that nagging doubt he'll pull something out of the bag against us...he's done it so often that I'm not dismissing him just yet. 

As for Flacco he has been living off the SB win for so long..if he was playing for the Bears, Jets they would say they are still looking for their franchise QB- still annoyed we lost to the ravens, I really do not think they are all that
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2017, 09:02 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Well on the bright side, even with the unfortunate INTs yesterday, Dalton is officially the best QB in the AFCN this year. In fact, it's not even really close. He's the only QB to have a positive TD:INT ratio in the division despite going 0:4 in the first two weeks under Zampese.

Kizer- 3 TD/9 INT, 49.5 QB Rating
Flacco- 4 TD/6 INT, 71.0 QB Rating
Rapistburger- 6 TD/7 INT, 75.8 QB Rating
Dalton- 7 TD/6 INT, 87.5 QB Rating

(PS: Man does this division suck this year. Lol)

Great post LL. Looking forward to the end of game stats against the Steelers in 2 weeks. Hoping this is a year we sweep those douchebags. I really don't see why we can't win out against the AFCN the rest of the year. Depending on the injuries, crap, we still go a hellova chance to win the division.

Reply/Quote
(10-09-2017, 11:18 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I don't think the locker room was every that hunky dory.  Losing just magnifies things and makes it look far more negative.  

Ehh, maybe.  The NFL is full of yearly examples of backups who come in and perform well and eventually trail off when there is tape on them and/or a gameplan in place for them.  The difference between a backup QB and a starting QB is consistency.  If the Browns roll with Hogan for a while I'd be very surprised if he doesn't sink down to near Kizer's level.  Well, maybe not THAT far but you get the idea.

Not saying Kevin is a great QB or the browns a good team..

But they have been more productive with Kevin than Kizer at this point.

Trial by fire can be good or bad...    Good as you get experience.  Bad as a bad team can ruin you before you even get started.
Reply/Quote
Welp, there goes Hogan. Every QB has a chance to be good until he starts for the Browns.
Reply/Quote
Another awful game for Joe Flacco. 24 of 41 for 180 yards and 2 picks.

Ben was ok, but still having a bad year.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2017, 09:44 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Ben was ok, but still having a bad year.

I never want to see the guy have a good game, but it's a little discouraging that he can have such a shoddy game on the road and still come away with a win.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2017, 10:18 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I never want to see the guy have a good game, but it's a little discouraging that he can have such a shoddy game on the road and still come away with a win.

Lol they had about 100 yards worth of personal fouls that were not called...
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2017, 10:34 PM)TheUberHuber Wrote: Lol they had about 100 yards worth of personal fouls that were not called...

Ah, well I didn't watch the game so my mistake.  If they can get 100 yards worth of penalties against an old AFL darling like the Chiefs they can probably get about 200 against us.
Reply/Quote
There were three different cases of flagrant PFs (all Helmet to Helmet) that were uncalled along with a series of late hits on Alex Smith only one of which got called. Now we need to see the league step up and do what it said it would do in these cases - suspend the offending player.
Reply/Quote