Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dalton close to some franchise records...
Was researching for the the board HOF thread, and when I looked at our all-time passers, I was surprised to see that Dalton...

1. Only needs 1616 yards and 21 TDs to pass Boomer for 2nd place in both categories.
2. Only needs 7304 yards and 31 TDs to pass Kenny for 1st in both categories. 2 more seasons would likely get it done.

I guess it's not terribly surprising considering there's more passing in this era, but it's still impressive. It's also kinda funny that a guy who is hated so much could wind up as our all-time leader in every major statistical category.

If this happens, Dalton will hold the Bengals records for:

Career passing yards, TD's, completions, and attempts. He's still needs 68 INT's to catch Kenny in that category, so that might not happen.

He already holds the following records:

Most career 4th quarter comebacks (17)
Most yards in a season (4293)
Most passing TD's in a season (33)
Best passer rating in a season (106.2)
Best career passer rating (88.7)
Best career win % (.587) of any QB with 16+ starts
Lowest career INT % for any QB with 16+ starts
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2018, 05:27 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Was researching for the the board HOF thread, and when I looked at our all-time passers, I was surprised to see that Dalton...

1. Only needs 1616 yards and 21 TDs to pass Boomer for 2nd place in both categories.
2. Only needs 7304 yards and 31 TDs to pass Kenny for 1st in both categories. 2 more seasons would likely get it done.

I guess it's not terribly surprising considering there's more passing in this era, but it's still impressive. It's also kinda funny that a guy who is hated so much could wind up as our all-time leader in every major statistical category.

Career passing yards, TD's, completions, and attempts. He's still needs 68 INT's to catch Kenny in that category, so that might not happen.

With those stats, you’d think we had a Lombardi or 2 by now? Damn Marvin!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
He could feasibly have the TD record this year, especially if Eifert is healthy all year long.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2018, 09:16 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: He could feasibly have the TD record this year, especially if Eifert is healthy all year long.

Yup. He did throw 33 in 2013 and was on pace to match that in 2015. So it's definitely possible.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2018, 05:27 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Was researching for the the board HOF thread, and when I looked at our all-time passers, I was surprised to see that Dalton...

Talk about AVERAGE.  Mellow

(05-20-2018, 05:27 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: He's still needs 68 INT's to catch Kenny in that category, so that might not happen.
Here's to hoping he makes up some ground in this category this year.
Wait ... 
Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
He's also second all time in Completion Percentage (62.3) to Carson Palmer (62.5), and second all time in YPA (7.2) to Ken Anderson (7.3).
Reply/Quote
(05-21-2018, 05:56 PM)Joelist Wrote: He's also second all time in Completion Percentage (62.3) to Carson Palmer (62.5), and second all time in YPA (7.2) to Ken Anderson (7.3).

Clearly those guys were closer to average than we thought.  Whatever
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(05-22-2018, 11:31 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Clearly those guys were closer to average than we thought.  Whatever

My guess is he ties or passes on completion percentage this season. YPA next season depending on the offensive scheme. And remember he did all this with (for most of his career) a bad interior line, no running game and only one legit WR target.
Reply/Quote
(05-22-2018, 12:50 PM)Joelist Wrote: My guess is he ties or passes on completion percentage this season. YPA next season depending on the offensive scheme. And remember he did all this with (for most of his career) a bad interior line, no running game and only one legit WR target.

Truth. 
Reply/Quote
Many will be unhappy to see him set the records around here

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(05-22-2018, 01:08 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Many will be unhappy to see him set the records around here

Which is rather puzzling.  By any statistical account, Andy is a fine QB.  

I get it, the detractors will point to the lack of playoff success.  I stand by "it takes an entire team" to win postseason games.  Hell, just look at Carson Palmer.  1-3 in postseason, lifetime.  That one win that he has, was on an absolutely loaded Cardinals team in '15.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-22-2018, 12:50 PM)Joelist Wrote: My guess is he ties or passes on completion percentage this season. YPA next season depending on the offensive scheme. And remember he did all this with (for most of his career) a bad interior line, no running game and only one legit WR target.

Now Now...    Facts wont stand in the way of the haters...   They are blind to everything but their own opinion..

But it will be nice to see him knock some of these off soon
Reply/Quote
(05-22-2018, 01:20 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Which is rather puzzling.  By any statistical account, Andy is a fine QB.  

I get it, the detractors will point to the lack of playoff success.  I stand by "it takes an entire team" to win postseason games.  Hell, just look at Carson Palmer.  1-3 in postseason, lifetime.  That one win that he has, was on an absolutely loaded Cardinals team in '15.

Agree completely

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(05-22-2018, 01:08 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Many will be unhappy to see him set the records around here

That's kinda why I made the thread. I find it interesting that a QB who is hated by so many could wind up owning pretty much every franchise record. Will that change perception? Doubtful, but it kinda makes the mediocre/below average talk look kinda silly.
Reply/Quote

Marvin Jones and Sanu were not legit WR targets now?

Reply/Quote
(05-23-2018, 09:32 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Marvin Jones and Sanu were not legit WR targets now?

2011- Green, Simpson, Gresh
2012- Green, Gresh, a mixture of Binns and rookies Sanu and MLJ (they did little as rookies)
2013- Green, Gresh, MLJ, Sanu and rookie Eifert
2014- Green (missed 4 games), Sanu and Gresh (MLJ missed entire season, Sanu was top WR for 4 games)
2015- Green, MLJ, Sanu, Eifert (Great cast here)
2016- Green (missed 8 games), Eifert (missed 9 games), LaFell, Kroft
2017- Green, LaFell, Kroft

Joelist said "And remember he did all this with (for most of his career) a bad interior line, no running game and only one legit WR target."

Looking over all this, I don't see how he was incorrect. 2013 and 2015 were really the only years where he had a really good secondary receiver.
Reply/Quote
Just don’t understand the need to take away from other guys to prop Dalton up as if he was playing with scrubs all this time.

Reply/Quote
(05-23-2018, 01:07 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Just don’t understand the need to take away from other guys to prop Dalton up as if he was playing with scrubs all this time.

Take away from whom? People who were on the bench, or the people who were injured?

Really everyone who's played with Dalton had their best years in their career. So it seems like Dalton is raising peoples playing level up quite a bit.
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2018, 01:15 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Take away from whom? People who were on the bench, or the people who were injured?

I already said, Marvin Jones and Sanu.

Reply/Quote
Matt Ryan went to the Super Bowl with Sanu as his #2WR.

Reply/Quote