Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dalton close to some franchise records...
Anyway I’m not going to keep going around in circles on this. Except for his Oline the last couple years I’ll just have to agree to disagree with anyone that doesn’t think Dalton has had a pretty good supporting cast around him much of his career.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(05-24-2018, 10:50 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: This is exactly what I was talking about as far as taking away from other players to prop Dalton up.

How many teams have more than one “great” WR?

Sanu was solid, imo.

Well a lot of teams have good #2 receivers. Sanu cant even have a career year with Matt Ryan and their system when they pass the ball a lot more often than we do. 
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2018, 10:55 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Anyway I’m not going to keep going around in circles on this. Except for his Oline the last couple years I’ll just have to agree to disagree with anyone that doesn’t think Dalton has had a pretty good supporting cast around him much of his career.

The list that Shake provided shows that Dalton hasn't had that much around him his whole career. Hes been sacked 40+ times 3 out of the last 6 years, hes had no run game pretty much his whole career and hes only had a good receiving core 2 years.
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2018, 09:32 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Marvin Jones and Sanu were not legit WR targets now?

Dalton only had 1 Seasons when both were healthy for the majority of it I believe.

And they weren't very productive till their 3rd years
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2018, 11:34 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Dalton only had 1 Seasons when both were healthy for the majority of it I believe.

And they weren't very productive till their 3rd years

Marvin Jones was TD machine (scored 10) his 2nd season.

Reply/Quote
(05-23-2018, 07:41 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I like Andy, but he is not close to Boomer and Anderson.

Boomer...League MVP...4 X top 5 in passer rating....5 X top 5 in td passes.....4 X top 5 passing yds

Anderson...League MVP...4 X NUMBER ONE in passer rating (9 X top 10)....2 X NUMBER ONE passing yards (7 X top 10)...6 X top 10 passing tds

Gotta rep that.....why Ken Anderson isn't in the Hall is beyond me.  Andy will never hit the kind of numbers you illustrate here.

(05-23-2018, 11:30 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Need Ross to be a factor and Eifert to stay healthy as well.

Absolutely agree.  If these two step up, along with Green having another good year, Dalton could very well get back to 2015 level.....provided Pollack gets the line up to snuff as the other poster noted.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(05-24-2018, 03:21 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Dalton had either one or the other (or both) 4 out of 7 years. To me that’s not a short time.

You're being intentionally obtuse here. They barely played and were ineffective as rookies. Binns started more games than either of them. MLJ also missed an entire year due to injury. So we really had him for 2 years. We had Sanu for 3 years, but AJ Green missed significant time in one of those, which made Sanu our top receiver for several games.

So again, what Joelist said was correct. If you want to stretch it, you could include 2014 with 12 games of Green, 16 games of Sanu, and 0 games of MLJ or Eifert. Then you could say 3 years. It'd still only be 3 years out of 7.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2018, 12:01 PM)Wyche Wrote: Gotta rep that.....why Ken Anderson isn't in the Hall is beyond me.  Andy will never hit the kind of numbers you illustrate here.

Steve Young is the only QB who has led the league in passer rating more times than Anderson's 4.
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2018, 09:50 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Yup. He did throw 33 in 2013 and was on pace to match that in 2015. So it's definitely possible.

All I want from MR.andy Dalton is a super bowl victory and I will buy my own super bowl ring to just have one.I have supported this team since 1968.I got into a big time fight in Dayton ohio at a bar with a bunch of niner fans after the super bowl in 1981.I was so mad they lost that game I could not handle it.All of us were real drunk,I do not drink at all these days as I am 71 now, but back then it took 3 of those niner dudes to get me on the floor,I know I knocked out  two of them.It was crazy,I had a busted lip and my chin was bleeding pretty good,but I did not care.My wife was really mad at me for a few days,but I felt better after I put some skin on those stinkdogs.I mean they were in my town and in my bar talking shit.I just went off.I still feel better even today and my posse still laughs about all of it.So Mr. Andy Dalton I will tell you I am counting on you to lead this team all the way and I still do not trust that you will.So as they say,SHOW ME BROTHER.LETS GO,WHO-DEY
Reply/Quote
(05-25-2018, 04:48 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: All I want from MR.andy Dalton is a super bowl victory and I will buy my own super bowl ring to just have one.I have supported this team since 1968.I got into a big time fight in Dayton ohio at a bar with a bunch of niner fans after the super bowl in 1981.I was so mad they lost that game I could not handle it.All of us were real drunk,I do not drink at all these days as I am 71 now, but back then it took 3 of those niner dudes to get me on the floor,I know I knocked out  two of them.It was crazy,I had a busted lip and my chin was bleeding pretty good,but I did not care.My wife was really mad at me for a few days,but I felt better after I put some skin on those stinkdogs.I mean they were in my town and in my bar talking shit.I just went off.I still feel better even today and my posse still laughs about all of it.So Mr. Andy Dalton I will tell you I am counting on you to lead this team all the way and I still do not trust that you will.So as they say,SHOW ME BROTHER.LETS GO,WHO-DEY

No offenes, but you do realize you're supposed to hit the space bar after punctuation.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2018, 06:14 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Steve Young is the only QB who has led the league in passer rating more times than Anderson's 4.

Wow, that's really impressive.  Kenny deserves a bust in Canton.  I hope we see it happen someday.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(05-30-2018, 03:52 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Wow, that's really impressive.  Kenny deserves a bust in Canton.  I hope we see it happen someday.

I’m hoping Kenny gets to see his bust in Canton.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote