Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dalton close to some franchise records...
(05-23-2018, 01:19 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I already said, Marvin Jones and Sanu.

Marvin Jones really only played with Dalton for 2 years (and had a career year with TDs with Dalton), and Sanu had his best year of his career with Dalton as his QB. So how are we taking anything away from them?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2018, 01:07 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Just don’t understand the need to take away from other guys to prop Dalton up as if he was playing with scrubs all this time.

In 2016 AD threw for 4,206 yards and posted a 91.8 QB rating. AJ missed half the season and Eifert over half ! Bodine was getting shoved into Dalton's lap every other pass play.

Nothing I've said here is about tearing anyone down or propping anyone up. Just facts the haters don't want to hear because it doesn't it the narrative.
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2018, 01:30 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: In 2016 AD threw for 4,206 yards and posted a 91.8 QB rating. AJ missed half the season and Eifert over half ! Bodine was getting shoved into Dalton's lap every other pass play.

Nothing I've said here is about tearing anyone down or propping anyone up. Just facts the haters don't want to hear because it doesn't it the narrative.

First of all not a Dalton hater here. It is possible to not love him or hate him believe it or not. And i never even quoted you, I responded to Joelist saying Dalton’s really only had AJ most of his career.

Reply/Quote
(05-23-2018, 01:39 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: First of all not a Dalton hater here. It is possible to not love him or hate him believe it or not. And i never even quoted you, I responded to Joelist saying Dalton’s really only had AJ most of his career.

Only having a good receiving core 2 years out of 7 is not having a good receiving core for most of his career. Just look at Shakes response.
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2018, 01:39 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: First of all not a Dalton hater here. It is possible to not love him or hate him believe it or not. And i never even quoted you, I responded to Joelist saying Dalton’s really only had AJ most of his career.

Which is a fact. Most of his career he has had only one legit WR target. Green has been primo but after him it is a revolving door. 2015 was the only year we had a true #2 WR (Marvin Jones) and he left after that. Sanu showed flashes but he left too. Eifert likewise has only been spotty in availability. Then there is the poor run game the entire time and the poor interior line the entire time. 
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2018, 05:27 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Was researching for the the board HOF thread, and when I looked at our all-time passers, I was surprised to see that Dalton...

1. Only needs 1616 yards and 21 TDs to pass Boomer for 2nd place in both categories.
2. Only needs 7304 yards and 31 TDs to pass Kenny for 1st in both categories. 2 more seasons would likely get it done.

I guess it's not terribly surprising considering there's more passing in this era, but it's still impressive. It's also kinda funny that a guy who is hated so much could wind up as our all-time leader in every major statistical category.

If this happens, Dalton will hold the Bengals records for:

Career passing yards, TD's, completions, and attempts. He's still needs 68 INT's to catch Kenny in that category, so that might not happen.

He already holds the following records:

Most career 4th quarter comebacks (17)
Most yards in a season (4293)
Most passing TD's in a season (33)
Best passer rating in a season (106.2)
Best career passer rating (88.7)
Best career win % (.587) of any QB with 16+ starts
Lowest career INT % for any QB with 16+ starts

He sucks..... Mellow

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Hope he sets all the records. Why would anyone not want our present QB to do well.

WTS, I'm not quite ready to put him in the Anderson, Boomer conversation yet; apparently some are.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(05-20-2018, 05:27 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Was researching for the the board HOF thread, and when I looked at our all-time passers, I was surprised to see that Dalton...

1. Only needs 1616 yards and 21 TDs to pass Boomer for 2nd place in both categories.
2. Only needs 7304 yards and 31 TDs to pass Kenny for 1st in both categories. 2 more seasons would likely get it done.

I guess it's not terribly surprising considering there's more passing in this era, but it's still impressive. It's also kinda funny that a guy who is hated so much could wind up as our all-time leader in every major statistical category.

If this happens, Dalton will hold the Bengals records for:

Career passing yards, TD's, completions, and attempts. He's still needs 68 INT's to catch Kenny in that category, so that might not happen.

He already holds the following records:

Most career 4th quarter comebacks (17)
Most yards in a season (4293)
Most passing TD's in a season (33)
Best passer rating in a season (106.2)
Best career passer rating (88.7)
Best career win % (.587) of any QB with 16+ starts
Lowest career INT % for any QB with 16+ starts

He's a turd, just ask Bfine and Corner Blitz. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2018, 05:41 PM)bfine32 Wrote: WTS, I'm not quite ready to put him in the Anderson, Boomer conversation yet; apparently some are.

I like Andy, but he is not close to Boomer and Anderson.

Boomer...League MVP...4 X top 5 in passer rating....5 X top 5 in td passes.....4 X top 5 passing yds

Anderson...League MVP...4 X NUMBER ONE in passer rating (9 X top 10)....2 X NUMBER ONE passing yards (7 X top 10)...6 X top 10 passing tds
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2018, 05:41 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Hope he sets all the records. Why would anyone not want our present QB to do well.

WTS, I'm not quite ready to put him in the Anderson, Boomer conversation yet; apparently some are.

Who? We're just stating the fact that Dalton is probably going to set all the Bengals records.
Reply/Quote
As long as Pollock fixes the O-line, Andy will have a great year.
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2018, 10:06 PM)JWW1971 Wrote: As long as Pollock fixes the O-line, Andy will have a great year.

Need Ross to be a factor and Eifert to stay healthy as well.

Reply/Quote
(05-23-2018, 11:30 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Need Ross to be a factor and Eifert to stay healthy as well.

If the line plays well and Green stays healthy that's all Dalton needs.
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2018, 01:26 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Matt Ryan went to the Super Bowl with Sanu as his #2WR.

Taylor Gabriel played a major part on that team as he averaged 16.5 yards a catch. Speed kills we havent had a #2 deep threat since M.Jones left.Also had two excellent RBs which and a good offensive line.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2018, 11:30 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Need Ross to be a factor and Eifert to stay healthy as well.

I'm hoping Boyd plays a big part also
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2018, 01:19 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I already said, Marvin Jones and Sanu.

Like I said, they only played a short time with Dalton.

So what Joelist said was correct.

(05-23-2018, 05:41 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Hope he sets all the records. Why would anyone not want our present QB to do well.

Never said Andy was above those two. Just that he's probably going to own almost every franchise record, single season or career.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2018, 02:02 AM)JWW1971 Wrote: I'm hoping Boyd plays a big part also

If not for that big game winning TD against the Ravens last season I’d barely remember he was on the team. He definitely needs to step up this year and prove he’s worth where we took him.

Reply/Quote
(05-24-2018, 03:08 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Like I said, they only played a short time with Dalton.

So what Joelist said was correct.

Never said Andy was above those two. Just that he's probably going to own almost every franchise record, single season or career.

Dalton had either one or the other (or both) 4 out of 7 years. To me that’s not a short time.

Reply/Quote
(05-24-2018, 03:21 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Dalton had either one or the other (or both) 4 out of 7 years. To me that’s not a short time.

They really didnt even play their rookie years, just like Eifert. He had Jones 2 out of 7 and Sanu 3 out of 7. Sanu never was that great of a reciever either.
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2018, 09:37 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: They really didnt even play their rookie years, just like Eifert. He had Jones 2 out of 7 and Sanu 3 out of 7. Sanu never was that great of a reciever either.
This is exactly what I was talking about as far as taking away from other players to prop Dalton up.

How many teams have more than one “great” WR?

Sanu was solid, imo.

Reply/Quote