Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dalton dropped back 50+ times Sunday
Red flag. Yes? Somehow we were still in that game late.

AJ will be playing QB by week 8 if this keeps up. Where's fatty McButter Pants Smith when you need him? There has to be a FA center sitting on his ass that's better than Bodine.

D-Line needs to get their shiznit together too.

Losing the war in the trenches. Makes my heart hurt.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2016, 01:31 AM)Utts Wrote: Red flag. Yes? Somehow we were still in that game late.

AJ will be playing QB by week 8 if this keeps up. Where's fatty McButter Pants Smith when you need him? There has to be a FA center sitting on his ass that's better than Bodine.

Agree the offense needs to be more balanced for sure. 

Would have to say that the O-line is the one that needs to get their shiznit together. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I always thought our OL was overrated, but holy crap. They have been looking awful this year. The pass protection didn't even look that good against the Steelers. I know they only got 1 sack, but they were only bringing 3 people to pass rush pretty much all day. They need to get their shit together and open up some holes for the running game because opposing teams will just play nickel and dime formations and just dare us to throw the ball.
Reply/Quote
The reason most of our passes were short was because they were out FAST. And that was because our OL got punked down by a 3 or 4 man rush, leaving seven in coverage. Really makes you wonder what it will take to get management to call Piano Man into question?
Reply/Quote
I knew our online was overrated too. But I see a quick fix that can upgrade this o line fast. And that's put westerman at center.you could also move bowling to center and have westerman or Fisher play guard. They could do a few things that could vastly improve this o line. You got to be strong up the middle. Ced o is struggling some, but I think he will get better with reps.
Reply/Quote
Von Miller may me charged with assault by 2 p.m Sunday.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2016, 04:11 AM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: I knew our online was overrated too. But I see a quick fix that can upgrade this o line fast. And that's put westerman at center.you could also move bowling to center and have westerman or Fisher play guard. They could do a few things that could vastly improve this o line. You got to be strong up the middle. Ced o is struggling some, but I think he will get better with reps.

there is a lot to playing center beyond being strong. Bodine is one of the strongest players in the league
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2016, 09:54 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: there is a lot to playing center beyond being strong.  Bodine is one of the strongest players in the league

^^ 100% fact right there, both statements are absolutely true

Bodine is a beast in the gym, but seems to have trouble translating that being a center in the NFL.  So is it poor recognition and communication?  Poor technique/coaching?  Lack of intelligence?  Not enough quickness?  

Probably all of the above... Nervous
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2016, 11:06 AM)jonesy84 Wrote: ^^ 100% fact right there, both statements are absolutely true

Bodine is a beast in the gym, but seems to have trouble translating that being a center in the NFL.  So is it poor recognition and communication?  Poor technique/coaching?  Lack of intelligence?  Not enough quickness?  

Probably all of the above... Nervous

What's odd is that Bodine graded out high per PFF.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2016, 01:01 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: What's odd is that Bodine graded out high per PFF.

regardless of you definition of "high", I would say about 0%  Sick
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2016, 01:01 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: What's odd is that Bodine graded out high per PFF.

not the point the point just being you cant just throw some guy into to play center and expect better results they make a lot of calls and adjustments to the ol from the center position.  they should be getting someone ready in practice just in case but I was just saying I don't think taking a rookie who hasn't played Center before and inserting him into the starting line up would mean better results.(or snaps)
( I am not a fan of bodine and have been wanting to upgrade center for a while) It seems we either get a smart one (cook) or strong ones... but never ones that both.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2016, 01:31 AM)Utts Wrote: Red flag. Yes? Somehow we were still in that game late.

I'm going to throw most of the blame on Zampese because he isn't even calling any power running plays....The few times he calls a run, it's this fake pass, delayed hand off garbage with the RB taking the ball flat footed. ...Zamp isn't calling any power running plays, none.....and you are right, Zamp will get Dalton killed. ......I'm not going to blame the O Line or the RBs when Zamp isn't even calling any power run plays......the lack of running plays period lets the D tee off on our O line and QB.....I blame Zampese, who hasn't shown me much in his first 2 games as an offensive coordinator......but....my hope is that he isn't stupid and if he is Marvin or somebody will kick him in his pants and insist on more running and some power running plays.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2016, 03:16 PM)kevin Wrote: I'm going to throw most of the blame on Zampese because he isn't even calling any power running plays....The few times he calls a run, it's this fake pass, delayed hand off garbage with the RB taking the ball flat footed. ...Zamp isn't calling any power running plays, none.....and you are right, Zamp will get Dalton killed. ......I'm not going to blame the O Line or the RBs when Zamp isn't even calling any power run plays......the lack of running plays period lets the D tee off on our O line and QB.....I blame Zampese, who hasn't shown me much in his first 2 games as an offensive coordinator......but....my hope is that he isn't stupid and if he is Marvin or somebody will kick him in his pants and insist on more running and some power running plays.

Bengals and lots of other teams run successfully out of the shotgun.  In 2014 Hill averaged 6.6 YPC running out of the shotgun formation. (54 carries, 355 yards).  Last year he also ran more effectively out of the shotgun (3.8 avg) than out of other formations (3.5 avg)

Funny that you think it is such a simple answer yet pretty much no NFL team has a running game based solely on going under center and running from a power I formation. 
Reply/Quote
Apart from our special teams completely blowing, here's the problem thus far.

Chimpazese and the grand piano turd wafer - both dead weight on the staff.

[Image: suck_meter_zpsi3gcporp.jpg]
Reply/Quote
That's 50+ opportunities for the QB to get hit.

If I were a part of that piss poor OL right now I'd be embarrassed. 1) Because they can't run block worth dog poop, and 2) Since they can't run block their QB has to throw 50 times.

The Piano Man must have some pictures of Mike or Katie. Maybe both! Pervert
Reply/Quote
horrible as in that slop it should have been mainly a running game.
Reply/Quote