Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dalton fumble to end the game?
What I saw was a player hits Dalton as his arm goes forward. Do you think that call would go against any team but ours? Even the announcers said it was an incomplete pass. Pathetic!!!!!
Reply/Quote
Bad call for sure, but would we have scored with 9 seconds left? Not sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Here we go. Rolleyes

Obviously it was a bad call but that was one if the best officiated games I've seen in a long time. They let the teams play and didn't impact the game with bogus calls throughout. This Bengals fan little man syndrome every single freaking game is what's pathetic.
Reply/Quote
This was the thread I expected to see with tons of posts when I got on here this morning. I still can't believe the call. Makes me wonder if the people in NY wanted to be sure Seattle kept their home opener streak going and harm the Bengals in the process.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 10:44 AM)WhoDeyAllDay Wrote: Bad call for sure, but would we have scored with 9 seconds left? Not sure.

We did score the first half with 16 seconds so it's possible. 
Reply/Quote
That call only goes in favor of Tom Brady.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 10:44 AM)WhoDeyAllDay Wrote: Bad call for sure, but would we have scored with 9 seconds left? Not sure.

Maybe, maybe not. Dalton was 2-0 against the Seahawks, including the tremendous come back game from 17 down in the 4th...… I sometimes think the NFL does not want all their announcers looking like idiots with their pre game predictions. Pat Kirwin said the Bengals had NO CHANCE....
Reply/Quote
It was VERY close. I'd say 60% incomplete pass. 40% fumble.

Not sure we would have did much there anyways if we retain possession. He probably gets sacked on the next play.
Reply/Quote
I expected to see this post all over as well.

I don't see how it could have been a fumble, arm wasn't hit until it was going forward and a fumble would not fly 20 yards downfield, the D player didn't touch the ball during this whole process, so it wasn't a strip. Even the game clock stopped thinking it was an incomplete pass. I don't think they would've won with 9 seconds left, but dang at least let them try.
All it takes is a DPI call and it's a bonus play.

I'll have to review the play and see how the commentators define it.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 10:45 AM)Sweetness Wrote: Here we go. Rolleyes

Obviously it was a bad call but that was one if the best officiated games I've seen in a long time. They let the teams play and didn't impact the game with bogus calls throughout. This Bengals fan little man syndrome every single freaking game is what's pathetic.

What is pathetic is a fan who belittles others to make himself seem holier than thou.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 10:53 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It was VERY close. I'd say 60% incomplete pass. 40% fumble.

Not sure we would have did much there anyways if we retain possession. He probably gets sacked on the next play.

It was called a fumble on the field and I guess they saw no irrefutable evidence it wasn't. Maybe I am just being a homer but it seems to me that the hit changed the trajectory of the pass but his arm was definitely moving forward.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 10:45 AM)Sweetness Wrote: Here we go. Rolleyes

That was a pretty terribly-officiated game; it was the crew's first game and they missed a ton (Andy was Horse-collared by Clowney when he ran OB, Andy was hit in the head via shoulder on the fumble/incompletion, etc.).

Chance to score or not, we as Bengals fans have wanted the game to be called fairly, forever; the fumble/incompletion (and the Dre penalty) were NOT fair in the slightest.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 11:03 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: That was a pretty terribly-officiated game; it was the crew's first game and they missed a ton (Andy was Horse-collared by Clowney when he ran OB, Andy was hit in the head via shoulder on the fumble/incompletion, etc.).

Chance to score or not, we as Bengals fans have wanted the game to be called fairly, forever; the fumble/incompletion (and the Dre penalty) were NOT fair in the slightest.

Yep, I'm sure all us objective fans didn't see a single missed call against the other team. It's only the Bengals, ever, that have bad calls go against them. Dre gets called for one of those penalties 5 times a year. At what point does it stop being the refs fault? 
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 11:02 AM)Catmandude123 Wrote: It was called a fumble on the field and I guess they saw no irrefutable evidence it wasn't. Maybe I am just being a homer but it seems to me that the hit changed the trajectory of the pass but his arm was definitely moving forward.

They said it was confirmed, so they must have thought they saw it in NY.

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 10:58 AM)Catmandude123 Wrote: What is pathetic is a fan who belittles others to make himself seem holier than thou.

Holier than thou because it gets embarrassing to see the same "blame the refs" thread after every single game? Cool dude. If that's how these people want to go through life you do you. To the rest of us it gets old having the same crap said after every game.

I must have missed where the refs tripped Dre running with no one in front of him. Or when they greased up the ball before Daltons fumble. Or when threw quicksand down under the Olines feet before every run play. My bad, you guys must have caught that. 
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 11:02 AM)Catmandude123 Wrote: It was called a fumble on the field and I guess they saw no irrefutable evidence it wasn't. Maybe I am just being a homer but it seems to me that the hit changed the trajectory of the pass but his arm was definitely moving forward.

The only thing I can think is that they thought the defenders forward motion caused the arm to move forward. But as the hit came, the arm was just starting to go forward.

It's really hard to say. We slow these down and look from different angles...and sometimes slowing it down takes the ability to judge force and momentum out of it.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 11:03 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: That was a pretty terribly-officiated game; it was the crew's first game and they missed a ton (Andy was Horse-collared by Clowney when he ran OB, Andy was hit in the head via shoulder on the fumble/incompletion, etc.).

The Kirkpatrick personal foul should have probably been offsetting personal fouls.

The guy pushed him, he pushed the guy. He gets called.

We all know that the 2nd guy usually gets the penalty though.
Reply/Quote

They said it was confirmed, so they must have thought they saw it in NY.

Reply/Quote
I remember week 1 last year when the NFL was fixing the game so Andrew Luck could beat us.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 11:15 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The Kirkpatrick personal foul should have probably been offsetting personal fouls.

The guy pushed him, he pushed the guy. He gets called.

We all know that the 2nd guy usually gets the penalty though.

Correct and correct; which is why he shouldn't do that, 'cause the second guy always gets called.

My issue with, was that he was pushed to the ground (because he was half bent over anyways); that should be called immediately.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote