Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dalton fumble to end the game?
(09-09-2019, 01:53 PM)sandwedge Wrote: A deep out with the WR running OB might have left a second on the clock. Or even a PI?

Possible, that or some crazy hook and ladder play. Big picture is that play didn’t lose them the game the inability to score any points in those 3 red zone trips really hurt them.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 01:41 PM)lone bengal Wrote: Definitely wasn’t a fumble but even if we got the ball back we had 9 seconds left from are own 31 pretty sure Dalton wouldn’t be able to reach the end zone or the rush would get there before he had the time to throw it that deep.

Didn't need t reach the end zone. They were only down one point.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 01:56 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Didn't need t reach the end zone. They were only down one point.

even a 25 yard out sets up a 62 yard field goal. I personally had no hope of bullock making the kick outside of 42 yds.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 12:22 PM)PhilHos Wrote: To be fair, we did get away with running into the kicker on the Seahawks previous drive sooooooooooooooooooooooo ...
When they showed the replay I heard one of the announcers say it was a good no call.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 02:06 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: When they showed the replay I heard one of the announcers say it was a good no call.

Archuleta is an absolutely deplorable commentator and Spero is hardly a good play-by-play guy as well.

Harlan and Gannon are not bad, truly, with character voices and Gannon's constant, "Owwww-fense," they are fun to listen to.

Everyone else on CBS sucks hard, save for Nantz and Romo.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 01:53 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Shoulder to Dalton's head was basically the same as Burfict's hit on AB. Of course we don't get the call. Hopefully the same refs who watched the replay will fine Seattle's player

Okay was it a shoulder then. I only caught it once because i was watching the arm. And then it was never shown or talked about again after. It would have been all over the place if it happened to a darling. They would still be talking about it today.

We all just want fair, man.

And for those that believe it shouldn't have come down to this anyway, that is fair as well. A lot of plays left on the field.

Reply/Quote
It was hilarious as the TV expert read the rule and expressed confidently that the call would be overturned and was definitely a forward pass. We have all seen these plays a hundred times and Dalton had control of the ball and had forward motion with control of the ball. It was definitely a forward pass. Anything could happen from there including a deep pass interference allowing us to kick a field goal. Who knows, but bad call.
Reply/Quote
I thought it was a well officiated game I thought. The last play was wrong definitely a incompletion but we still would have lost anyways. There is no conspiracy guys, put your tin foil hats away.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 02:13 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Archuleta is an absolutely deplorable commentator and Spero is hardly a good play-by-play guy as well.

Harlan and Gannon are not bad, truly, with character voices and Gannon's constant, "Owwww-fense," they are fun to listen to.

Everyone else on CBS sucks hard, save for Nantz and Romo.

Ok.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 02:17 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: I thought it was a well officiated game I thought.   The last play was wrong definitely a incompletion but we still would have lost anyways.  There is no conspiracy guys, put your tin foil hats away.

You can only speculate on whether or not we would have lost anyway. Andy is pretty good at 4th quarter comebacks and if they had gotten the call right with the shoulder to the head infraction included, that would have given us 15 yards putting the ball near midfield with 9 seconds remaining.

Did you miss the Green hail mary and the Boyd miracle? 

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 10:43 AM)Catmandude123 Wrote: What I saw was a player hits Dalton as his arm goes forward. Do you think that call would go against any team but ours? Even the announcers said it was an incomplete pass. Pathetic!!!!!

Once again our team gives the game away when they clearly should have won this one going away,but I also blame the stinkin reps AGAIN as they made two huge bad calls.One is Daltons arm was going forward in a pass and was not a fumble and the jumbo screen shows that,I mean come on, and the other one was their rb did not get into the end zone and that was clearly shown as he  stepped out and did not have the ball over , but the stinkin reps gave him a touchdown,both of those would have been huge in our favor and someone find us a field goal kicker,this guy is average at best.And yes I am super pissed off as I so feel they should have won this game and to me Andy Dalton will never take us all the way.Hope I change my mind on that one.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 02:34 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: other one was their rb did not get into the end zone and that was clearly shown as he  stepped out and did not have the ball over , 

No, that was the correct call. The replays had showed he stepped out of bounds after the ball had already crossed the goal line extended. It sucks, but it was a good call.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Lots of little things added up to get the loss but they fought till the last second to get it done....

We can talk about this fumble... That TD but the real difference here is the missing 3.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 02:30 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: You can only speculate on whether or not we would have lost anyway. Andy is pretty good at 4th quarter comebacks and if they had gotten the call right with the shoulder to the head infraction included, that would have given us 15 yards putting the ball near midfield with 9 seconds remaining.

Did you miss the Green hail mary and the Boyd miracle? 

Or the 55 yard Ross TD right before halftime?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I've seen many incomplete passes called on that type of play with less control than Dalton had. It moved as his arm was going forward but it was still in his hand as his arm came thru. But I'm not bitter about, overall the refs did a good job in this game.

The PF on Dre was a little ticky tack but it's always the 2nd guy that gets it and he has to get that under control.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 11:33 AM)Catmandude123 Wrote: You are being stupid now. As I commented the announcers also thought they would change the call. But we all know you are smarter than everyone else. If , In the future, there are any close calls maybe you can get on line immediately and tell us the proper call so the rest of us can see how intelligent you are.

I don't believe it was a fumble and think the refs got it wrong. That's not what this thread is about. This thread is about the refs getting it wrong on purpose because we're the Bengals and they're out to get us. Just like the ref threads every single week. 
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 03:25 PM)Sweetness Wrote: I don't believe it was a fumble and think the refs got it wrong. That's not what this thread is about. This thread is about the refs getting it wrong on purpose because we're the Bengals and they're out to get us. Just like the ref threads every single week. 

There is a tiny bit about that.  But the overwhelming majority is not like that at all.  You're just exaggerating because of some silly agenda you seem to have.  Get real.

Weird thing about wacky agendas--it only takes the most miniscule of apparent confirmation for the agenda maker to run wild and suddenly, one person becomes YOU GUYS.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 03:32 PM)McC Wrote: There is a tiny bit about that.  But the overwhelming majority is not like that at all.  You're just exaggerating because of some silly agenda you seem to have.  Get real.

Weird thing about wacky agendas--it only takes the most miniscule of apparent confirmation for the agenda maker to run wild and suddenly, one person becomes YOU GUYS.

What does this even mean? What agenda would I be having other than trying to stay objective and realizing refs make mistakes every game that go against all teams. The OP literally said:

"Do you think that call would go against any team but ours?"

And I'M the one with the agenda. Cool story guy. Because people here don't take one call in a game and say the refs are against us regardless of numerous calls they may have not made on us or that went our way. Yep. Such smart. So good. 

There was literally a thread about how reviews were going against us with the new replay rule BEFORE the season even started. Even though the calls were correct.
Reply/Quote
Not a fumble....bad call.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 10:43 AM)Catmandude123 Wrote:  Do you think that call would go against any team but ours?

Yes. Bad call, but yes.
Reply/Quote