Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dalton fumble to end the game?
Is the fact that calls are not being overturned a concerted effort by officials to protect their reputations that have been under barrage attack for a few years now? Isn't it just other officials doing the replay reviews?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 08:36 PM)McC Wrote: Is the fact that calls are not being overturned a concerted effort by officials to protect their reputations that have been under barrage attack for a few years now?  Isn't it just other officials doing the replay reviews?

Maybe ask the Saints. They know that Nfl fans have short memories and will be back next week for more.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 08:36 PM)McC Wrote: Is the fact that calls are not being overturned a concerted effort by officials to protect their reputations that have been under barrage attack for a few years now?  Isn't it just other officials doing the replay reviews?

No.  It is the same referee watching the replay while talking to Al Riveron.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Saints already got hosed by the refs tonight; cost them at least a FG.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 10:43 AM)Catmandude123 Wrote: What I saw was a player hits Dalton as his arm goes forward. Do you think that call would go against any team but ours? Even the announcers said it was an incomplete pass. Pathetic!!!!!

Bad call but there's no conspiracy and it wasn't done because someone "doesn't like the Bengals". Yes, it would have and has happened to many other NFL teams. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 10:46 AM)eagleshreck Wrote: This was the thread I expected to see with tons of posts when I got on here this morning. I still can't believe the call. Makes me wonder if the people in NY wanted to be sure Seattle kept their home opener streak going and harm the Bengals in the process.

No. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 10:48 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Maybe, maybe not. Dalton was 2-0 against the Seahawks, including the tremendous come back game from 17 down in the 4th...… I sometimes think the NFL does not want all their announcers looking like idiots with their pre game predictions. Pat Kirwin said the Bengals had NO CHANCE....

No.

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 10:53 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It was VERY close. I'd say 60% incomplete pass. 40% fumble.

Not sure we would have did much there anyways if we retain possession. He probably gets sacked on the next play.

0% chance it was a fumble. It was an incomplete pass.

I'd also give it a 0% chance of costing them the game. 

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 10:58 AM)Catmandude123 Wrote: What is pathetic is a fan who belittles others to make himself seem holier than thou.

lol. I'm with you man, but that is one hell of a malaphor. Big Grin

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 11:14 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The only thing I can think is that they thought the defenders forward motion caused the arm to move forward. But as the hit came, the arm was just starting to go forward.

It's really hard to say. We slow these down and look from different angles...and sometimes slowing it down takes the ability to judge force and momentum out of it.

Actually, it does the opposite. It allows you to see if the QB loses control of the ball and it's forced forward because of the momentum of the defender hitting the ball/QBs hand, or if it's forced forward because of the momentum of the QBs hand moving forward, with a grip on the ball. 

It was clearly the latter. 

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 10:34 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Actually, it does the opposite. It allows you to see if the QB loses control of the ball and it's forced forward because of the momentum of the defender hitting the ball/QBs hand, or if it's forced forward because of the momentum of the QBs hand moving forward, with a grip on the ball. 

It was clearly the latter. 

Doesn't the distance it traveled basically tell the whole story, that the trajectory was that of a pass?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 12:22 PM)PhilHos Wrote: To be fair, we did get away with running into the kicker on the Seahawks previous drive sooooooooooooooooooooooo ...

No.  :paul:

(09-09-2019, 01:36 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: No we didn't; Evans held up and didn't knock Dickson down, he tripped over his own player.

Yes.  :andy:

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 01:43 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Anyone else think that pass interference challenge was going to overturn the PI?

Not for a second. He clearly had his left hand wrapped around the receivers shoulder. AND made contact early. 

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 10:37 PM)McC Wrote: Doesn't the distance it traveled basically tell the whole story, that the trajectory was that of a pass?

This was my thought. I think it went like 12yds. Arm going forward, total control of the ball.

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 10:37 PM)McC Wrote: Doesn't the distance it traveled basically tell the whole story, that the trajectory was that of a pass?

Not always. I've seen instances where the ball came out but the force of the defenders hit (forward) pushed the ball 10+ yards. 

Thing is, with that, it's pretty much impossible to have any kind of spiral when that happens. The ball usually flutters. And conversely, a QB can have control and still flutter the ball downfield a fair distance. 

Basically, a flutter ball doesn't tell a big story while a spiral does, but distance doesn't really tell a big story either way. 

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 10:43 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Not for a second. He clearly had his left hand wrapped around the receivers shoulder. AND made contact early. 

The double whammy.

Reply/Quote
Damn talk about clutch. Watson n Brees are amazing
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 10:43 AM)Catmandude123 Wrote: What I saw was a player hits Dalton as his arm goes forward. Do you think that call would go against any team but ours? Even the announcers said it was an incomplete pass. Pathetic!!!!!

Seattle worked the clock down and punted.  Bengals had no time outs and only 13 seconds to move down field against tough Seattle D.   

THERE WAS NO BLOCKING AS SEAHAWKS WERE ALL OVER DALTON FAST. 

EVEN IF a long ball would have been completed, time would have ran out before field goal unit could get on field. 

All this talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk about the last play by Dalton is silly.   The game was over way before this play. 

Bengals never quit and played tough at hard to play at Seattle. Better luck this week in Cincinnati against San Francisco 49ers.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2019, 12:22 AM)kevin Wrote: Seattle worked the clock down and punted.  Bengals had no time outs and only 13 seconds to move down field against tough Seattle D.   

THERE WAS NO BLOCKING AS SEAHAWKS WERE ALL OVER DALTON FAST. 

EVEN IF a long ball would have been completed, time would have ran out before field goal unit could get on field. 

All this talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk about the last play by Dalton is silly.   The game was over way before this play. 

Bengals never quit and played tough at hard to play at Seattle.  Better luck this week in Cincinnati against San Francisco 49ers.

No one has said the Bengals would have won but completing a sideline pass for thirty yards and kicking a field goal was a possibility. Maybe the NFL needs to call you so they know when the game is over because if I am not mistaken it is over at 00:00 and you think it is not.
Reply/Quote

Our front office should file a written complaint against the officials and demand a meeting and an official explatation on this.Until you do they will just keep doing this.He did not fumble and the whole world knows it.What a stinkin mess and so wrong, We get screwed everyyear and it never stops. ZT should demand they be fined and not call another game all year. That was so wrong,but no one cares because big time hawks are the winner of that game and the seahawk players know we outplayed them and they were given a big time gift and their RB did not score when Sam Hubbard knocked him out. That ball did not cross the goal line and his foot was clearly out of bounds. How in hell does this crap continue to happen to us.All us fans have to complaint to the whoever makes the final calls.All I am sayin is if it was at the one,that gives our D a chance to stop them.Instead the refs give them a TD and that is so wrong. sick of all this crap.
Reply/Quote