Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dalton getting instructions on Tackling
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/08/25/bengals-tell-dalton-to-stop-trying-to-make-tackles/

Basically  Don't do it

LOL
Reply/Quote
This is dumb.

In Daltons rookie year I can remember him making a clutch tackle at our own 2 yard line. Then the defense held them to 3 and out, and the team settled for 3. We won the game by like 1 or 2 points... AKA Dalton won the game because he made the tackle.

How about we just work on not turning the ball over, so that we don't have to make tackles in the first place.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2016, 01:11 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: This is dumb.

In Daltons rookie year I can remember him making a clutch tackle at our own 2 yard line. Then the defense held them to 3 and out, and the team settled for 3. We won the game by like 1 or 2 points... AKA Dalton won the game because he made the tackle.

How about we just work on not turning the ball over, so that we don't have to make tackles in the first place.

they were much better in that aspect last year at least Dalton.

But as we learned last year losing your QB for the year when hes playing like Dalton was isn't worth the tackle to save the yards and points. (not like that DT was gonna go the distance either lol)
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2016, 01:15 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: they were much better in that aspect last year at least Dalton.

But as we learned last year losing your QB for the year when hes playing like Dalton was isn't worth the tackle to save the yards and points. (not like that DT was gonna go the distance either lol)

IDK. Just wait till next year when Dalton lets some guy run by him and people FREAK OUT about how we lost the game because of it. Guy will never win. lol
Reply/Quote
New NFL rule proposed for 2017.

A defender attempting to advance the ball after a turnover will be ruled "down by contact" if the opposing QB touches him with one hand.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2016, 01:21 PM)fredtoast Wrote: New NFL rule proposed for 2017.

A defender attempting to advance the ball after a turnover will be ruled "down by contact" if the opposing QB touches him with one hand.

If Goodell heard this sentiment from Peyton, Brady and Rodgers.. it might just happen.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2016, 01:19 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: IDK. Just wait till next year when Dalton lets some guy run by him and people FREAK OUT about how we lost the game because of it. Guy will never win. lol

Then he needs to do this to protect his hand/arm yet still prevent a TD...

[Image: 34e2dca5f6967bad622a8e8f4409fa0f04329b4c...37350c.jpg]
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2016, 01:29 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Then he needs to do this to protect his hand/arm yet still prevent a TD...

Needs a coach like Tomlin who will do it for him.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2016, 01:29 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Then he needs to do this to protect his hand/arm yet still prevent a TD...

Pretty much... Instead of trying to make the stop himself just try and slow the guy down.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Maybe tackle DB's if you're the last line of defense. Leave the 300 pounders to someone else. Like one of the ten other guys who would have tackled him before he took five steps.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Silly.

Michael Bennett could have easily hurt Dalton just as bad or worse with that WWE shyte he pulled on us, and Dalton was nowhere near the action.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2016, 06:12 PM)TGISunday Wrote: Silly.

Michael Bennett could have easily hurt Dalton just as bad or worse with that WWE shyte he pulled on us, and Dalton was nowhere near the action.

Michael Bennett being an ass hat and Dalton injuring himself on an unnecessary tackle don't relate the Bengals don't have control over what Bennett does. It's like saying "Why are root beer floats delicious but ants can carry twice their body weight?" the 2 don't have anything in common.

The only time I want to see Dalton playing defense or risking himself to save a turnover is in the Superbowl or a playoff game.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2016, 06:49 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: Michael Bennett being an ass hat and Dalton injuring himself on an unnecessary tackle don't relate the Bengals don't have control over what Bennett does. It's like saying "Why are root beer floats delicious but ants can carry twice their body weight?" the 2 don't have anything in common.

The only time I want to see Dalton playing defense or risking himself to save a turnover is in the Superbowl or a playoff game.

I respectfully beg to differ with regards to the reference.

Both the situations were on turnovers by Dalton.

I'm simply trying to say it's often out of your hands when you're on the field during a change of possession, whether you're in the thick of things or not.

While I agree that I don't want him going Rambo Luck or anything, that was a one-time situation.  I'd rather he not float passes to 5'8" receivers when the only thing between them is a 300 pound behemoth for the opposing team. It was such a high risk/low reward pass that I hope Hue took to Cleveland with him.

But I digress...
Reply/Quote
This injury was just another chapter in the Dalton story.

He started as a rookie and took a team that many thought would be the worst in the NFL to the playoffs.

He had to learn a new offense as his OCs changed.

He had to overcome his first injury....can you imagine what he was feeling watching his team against pittsburgh in the playoffs? I think he knows how to avoid that in the future.

All of these experiences are making Dalton the QB that we need and he is going to have a very good chance to win a Super Bowl.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2016, 06:49 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: Michael Bennett being an ass hat and Dalton injuring himself on an unnecessary tackle don't relate the Bengals don't have control over what Bennett does. It's like saying "Why are root beer floats delicious but ants can carry twice their body weight?" the 2 don't have anything in common.

Got to disagree ! 

Was somewhat puzzled because have seen ants carrying what appears to be way more than twice their weight. 

Was thinking something like 7 times their weight. Yet google says it is 5,000 times their weight. 

The rest I agree with 100% ! 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote