Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dalton haters?
(10-09-2017, 08:41 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote:  or if Ben is fatter than Dalton (he is). 

Fixed it for you
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I really don't understand why the Dalton diehard army gets so upset, especially in a week like today . He's gets his fair share of critism to me . This is the same for every qb for every team also. Guess what ,Steelers lost against a good jags team and their fans are saying things about big Ben that he's done ,and he's got rings and playoff wins. Just take time to think WE DONT HAVE ANY. I know that's alot of pressure for a qb also which might have played into his playoff woes. I can't imagine being qb for a city that hasn't won in about 30 years almost.

I can critique Dalton's game if I want to also it's called being a fan ,and demanding to win. And I think alot of our fans are at that point we are demanding it. That's what top teams fans do. We don't go into the season thinking it's going to suck we think Superbowl.

Now at this point of time . Lazor has hid Dalton's weaknesses, because believe us he has weaknesses . And he's playing solid games overall.that almost int could of killed us though. I myself has backed off Dalton and wondering why they won't replace #2 receiver .
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2017, 08:15 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Are there really any Dalton haters?

I know people were questioning him after that opening game with 0 TDs and 4 INTs and the following week of 0 TDs by the offense. Both home games where stats people had to go back decades to find a worst start by a team opening with two games at home. But opening with two games at home and just blowing chunks all over the field really put the fans off and like or not Dalton was at the center of that since it was the offense that was so horrible.

But is questioning if Dalton is the right guy the same as hating him? I don't think it is.

I never thought Bernard should have been the starting RB and I don't like it when they have him run it between tackles. But I don't hate him. I just wish he'd be used more along the lines of his skills.

I didn't and still don't like the Ross pick at #9, but I don't blame Ross for that. I hope he proves to be a reliable, healthy player who lives up to his draft position. But not liking him being picked at #9 doesn't mean I hate him.

Bernard is excellent running between the tackles... maybe not 20 times a game but he sure as hell can run inside.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2017, 04:18 AM)bengalsturntup5532 Wrote: I really don't understand why the Dalton diehard army gets so upset, especially in a week like today . He's gets his fair share of critism to me . This is the same for every qb for every team also. Guess what ,Steelers lost against a good jags team and their fans are saying things about big Ben that he's done ,and he's got rings and playoff wins. Just take time to think WE DONT HAVE ANY. I know that's alot of pressure for a qb also which might have played into his playoff woes. I can't imagine being qb for a city that hasn't won in about 30 years almost.

I can critique Dalton's game if I want to also it's called being a fan ,and demanding to win. And I think alot of our fans are at that point we are demanding it. That's what top teams fans do. We don't go into the season thinking it's going to suck we think Superbowl.

Now at this point of time . Lazor has hid Dalton's weaknesses, because believe us he has weaknesses . And he's playing solid games overall.that almost int could of killed us though. I myself has backed off Dalton and wondering why they won't replace #2 receiver .

How has Lazor hid Dalton's weaknesses? 
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2017, 08:46 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Curt Warner is in the Hall of Fame. He threw a pick 6 on the goal line to LB James. It cost them the Super bowl. Even the best make bad throws dude and CB's make great plays too.. But I guess you never made a make in your lifetime and why so critical of those who have.

Last time I checked, Kurt Warner has a Super Bowl ring, Superbowl MVP, 9-4 record in the playoffs, League MVP twice!

When AD gets anywhere close to that, then holler at me! Then, maybe, then we can excuse him for such decisions!
Reply/Quote
Lazor has been hiding the weakness of the OL not Andy. But that OL is still a problem, as evidenced by the need to effectively bench Ogbuehi for Andre Smith.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2017, 08:36 PM)Joelist Wrote: Lazor has been hiding the weakness of the OL not Andy. But that OL is still a problem, as evidenced by the need to effectively bench Ogbuehi for Andre Smith.

Sunday Ced played 77% and Fisher 52% so looks like he hid Fisher last week and not Ced the whipping boy
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
True enough. This last game we were forced to give Og more snaps because of Fisher's back injury. Note that the previous week Og played a much lower percentage of the snaps and Fisher played more.
Reply/Quote
I'm not saying anything about Dalton. You guys are. I have'nt watched a Football game for three weeks! Being a Vietnam Veteran I choose to Pissed boycott these games out of respect for the men and women who have given their all for the freedom that these NFL pussys have!      SORRY!
Reply/Quote
We'd take Dalton haters seriously if they didn't think McCarron was the answer. They lose credibility when they act like McCarron is better than Dalton.

Hence, they just hate Dalton.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Here's my opinion on the matter, though no one cares.

Dalton is a good QB. He's a franchise QB. Statistically, he's much better than a lot of Bengals fans give him credit for. He's set a ton of team records, has helped turn the team into a winner, and does a TON for the Cincinnati community. While people ignore them, there are stat threads and tons of stat posts that show Dalton plays just as well just as often as most of the QBs that are always mentioned as better than him. It's also been proven that he doesn't have bad games at any higher rate than most of the QBs that are always mentioned as better than him.

Bengals fans go out of their way to tear this guy down. I'm so tired of hearing how the Browns game doesn't count. He played better against the Browns than any other QB that has played them this season. If it were so easy, why did Dalton hang a better game on them than Ben, Flacco, Brissett, and Watson? If it were so easy to just stomp their ass, then all of the other QBs should've had just as good of games, right? Not to mention Dalton completed 83% of his passes against Cleveland and fans were nitpicking his 5 incompletions that game. Plus his solid game (leave that half shit out of it) against Green Bay. Then he played a solid game against a top Bills' defense. Were it not for the 2 INTs (at least 1 is completely Green's fault), his QB rating would have been much higher.

Yes, other fans ***** about their QBs. However, Bengals fans take it to the next ***** level. EVERY draft it's "we need a QB". Bengals fans have compared McCarron to Brady and are dead serious about it. With a lazy pick at OC that was obviously an issue, Dalton took all the heat. Even with a head coach that has a career of poor postseason and prime time showings, Dalton takes all the heat. I get it. The QB will always get too much shit and too much credit. However, Bengals fans go extreme with it. Our fans boo their own QB at a charity event. They boo him on damn near any incompletion this season. They make excuses so they don't have to give him credit for good games.

He has flaws and weaknesses, but he has so many more positive attributes. Bengals fans talk about his "noodle arm" even though statistically he's one of the best long ball QBs in the league. People talk about how poorly he plays when under pressure, but PFF ranks him exceptionally high in his performance under pressure (of which this line allow plenty). When you prove how good Dalton is using stats, then it turns to intangibles (which are subjective) or it turns to eye test (again subjective) or how someone just doesn't feel Dalton has it (you guessed it, subjective).

No matter what Dalton does, Bengals fans continuously move the goal posts. When he reaches and surpasses something, they move it further. If a stats says he's good, it's a garbage stat and you can't rely solely on stats. If a stat says he's bad, it's the ***** gospel and has to be taken as such. There's absolutely no way to please Dalton haters. IF the Bengals ever won the Super Bowl and even if Dalton were Super Bowl MVP, half this board would still talk about how the Bengals won "in spite of Dalton".
Reply/Quote
No offense SHR, but after year 7 of this constant back and forth with Dalton, it has been ad nauseum for a long, long, time.  This will be my last 2 cents given on this controversy!   Dead Horse Dead Horse Dead Horse
Reply/Quote