Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dalton injury...
I think I saw this mentioned but going to throw it out there...

According to this site... http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/snapcounts ... Dalton's snap count for the year is at 80.2%

With just 4 more snaps under center from AJ then Dalton loses his possible playoff bonuses for future years... That sucks for him but does make his contract even that much better (at the time) for future seasons.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cincinnati-bengals/andy-dalton/
Reply/Quote
Actually he would lose his playoff incentives for this year. If for example he plays more than 80% of the snaps in 2016 and we win it all he would then have the incentives reached for 2016 and forward. So it sucks for him this year but starting next year he can try to get it again.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
This is the least of Dalton and Bengals problems right now. Dalton signed a huge contract and he makes more money than all of us put together. Plus, as they were saying on Mike & Mike Show, the play-offs is all new money. Money not in the contracts, and not even spent by their wives yet. They all get money for the first play-off game and it's good new money. Then more for the second play-off game and Championship Games are very good new money and Super Bowl is great new money....They all stand a chance of making new money not even in their contracts, and as ex players on the show said, all players love that new money. ....No, the Bengals #1 biggest problem is will they even have a healthy QB that gives them a chance of winning in the play-off games. ...and they need Eifert back....They need Hewitt back....They need the DB's to get healthy.....Bengals Top Problem is all the injuries, they look like a MASH Unit again heading into play-offs as last year against Indy. .....as for the money, all players get new money aside from regular season in the play-offs. We have no reason to cry over the money these guys make, they are doing good in the money department, much better than most of us.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2015, 08:28 AM)kevin Wrote: This is the least of Dalton and Bengals problems right now.  Dalton signed a huge contract and he makes more money than all of us put together.  Plus, as they were saying on Mike & Mike Show, the play-offs is all new money. Money not in the contracts, and not even spent by their wives yet. They all get money for the first play-off game and it's good new money. Then more for the second play-off game and Championship Games are very good new money and Super Bowl is great new money....They all stand a chance of making new money not even in their contracts, and as ex players on the show said, all players love that new money. ....No, the Bengals #1 biggest problem is will they even have a healthy QB that gives them a chance of winning in the play-off games. ...and they need Eifert back....They need Hewitt back....They need the DB's to get healthy.....Bengals Top Problem is all the injuries, they look like a MASH Unit again heading into play-offs as last year against Indy. .....as for the money, all players get new money aside from regular season in the play-offs. We have no reason to cry over the money these guys make, they are doing good in the money department, much better than most of us.

Not even sure what this all means...My post had nothing to due with any "problems" and just that Dalton will not get his possible 3 million bonus for all future years that would be a total of 18 million dollars for his remaining 6 years...Making his contract, for the time being, look even better when everyone was complaining about it when he first got extended.  As for the playoff money...If you went from the WC round to the SB and won you get about $197k...That is a night out or underwear and socks for the year for most of these players...Playoff money is nothing when the snap count I am speaking about could cost him 18 million...It does not matter if he makes the playoffs again...It is guaranteed if he reaches those goals just one time
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2015, 08:52 AM)spazz70 Wrote: Not even sure what this all means...My post had nothing to due with any "problems" and just that Dalton will not get his possible 3 million bonus for all future years that would be a total of 18 million dollars for his remaining 6 years...Making his contract, for the time being, look even better when everyone was complaining about it when he first got extended.  As for the playoff money...If you went from the WC round to the SB and won you get about $197k...That is a night out or underwear and socks for the year for most of these players...Playoff money is nothing when the snap count I am speaking about could cost him 18 million...It does not matter if he makes the playoffs again...It is guaranteed if he reaches those goals just one time

I think you may be misreading the contract just a little. Andy probably will lose his incentives this year no matter how well we finish by dint of snap count. However the contract runs through 2019 IIRC. So if he meets all the criteria next year then those incentives kick in at that point for the remainder of the contract. It wasn't this year or total bust on them.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2015, 09:02 AM)Joelist Wrote: I think you may be misreading the contract just a little. Andy probably will lose his incentives this year no matter how well we finish by dint of snap count. However the contract runs through 2019 IIRC. So if he meets all the criteria next year then those incentives kick in at that point for the remainder of the contract. It wasn't this year or total bust on them.
Not at all..I realize that he can get it in future years...thus my last line..."He just has to do it one time"... It could cost him 3mil this year if we reach the SB...The stars were aligning this year...It may never happen again...then a fractured thumb...Could cost him a lot of money but save the team a lot of money also...Hope I am wrong and he earns it next year...WHODEY
Reply/Quote
Oh, for shame! Andy and his entire family will have to apply for foodstamps! Heck, guys on the practice squad make a lot more than me so I really don't worry about whether they do or don't reach certain incentive clauses in contracts. And even if they reach them all their agents are going to take a big chunk of it home. So I ask, where's the concern about whether player agents are getting paid enough?
Ok, I really don't care..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2016, 01:31 PM)grampahol Wrote: Oh, for shame!  Andy and his entire family will have to apply for foodstamps!  Heck,  guys on the practice squad make a lot more than me so I really don't worry about whether they do or don't reach certain incentive clauses in contracts. And even if they reach them all their agents are going to take a big chunk of it home.  So I ask,  where's the concern about whether player agents are getting paid enough?
Ok, I really don't care..

Players salaries are important because of the salary cap.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2015, 08:52 AM)spazz70 Wrote: Not even sure what this all means...My post had nothing to due with any "problems" and just that Dalton will not get his possible 3 million bonus for all future years that would be a total of 18 million dollars for his remaining 6 years...Making his contract, for the time being, look even better when everyone was complaining about it when he first got extended.  As for the playoff money...If you went from the WC round to the SB and won you get about $197k...That is a night out or underwear and socks for the year for most of these players...Playoff money is nothing when the snap count I am speaking about could cost him 18 million...It does not matter if he makes the playoffs again...It is guaranteed if he reaches those goals just one time

The cap is calculated on "earned bonuses plus other earned income. So, the good news for the Bengals is the 3 million was in the 2015 cap already, but was not spent so the 3 million can now be rolled over with any other unused cap dollars into 2016 if the Bengals so choose. It stinks for AD, but gives us some more money to use in 2016 which we need to get are keys guys signed. This should help us keep a player or 2 by itself.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote