Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dalton is broken
(10-07-2019, 04:24 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Dalton completed a higher percentage of his passes for more yards, more tds, more first downs, and fewer interceptions than Brissett.

So who gives a shit who moved better in the pocket.  Dalton out produced Brissett in every possible category.  Moving in the pocket is meaningless if it does not lead to more production.

What an utterly asinine thing to say. Winning the game is the most important part of a football game. 

You go ahead and keep your sucky little QB that had better numbers and lost and i'll wait for the guy that helps his team win in KC. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 04:32 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I do not. But throwing for 262 yards 2 TDs and 0 INTs is outperforming throwing for 151 yards 0 TDs and 1 INTs.

I'd ask if you disagree but I already know that you do. Soooooooooooooooooooo ... *shrugs*

They're obviously better numbers. But what do we want here, a guy who can throw for more yards and tds or the guy who makes throws to keep drives alive that leads to wins?

And let's not act like the majority of Daltons "numbers" weren't from 2 drives at the end of the game. Before that, he sucked major ass. A third down throw away...a third down and 15 dump off to Gio for 5 yards...

Stupid stuff.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 01:33 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Dalton getting abused for something that was not his fault?

It fits you perfectly.

It was absolutely at least partially his fault. It was a really bad play call, but the execution was equally as bad. But maybe in Dalton’s second decade in the league he’ll be smart enough to hand the ball off in that situation.

Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 05:46 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: What an utterly asinine thing to say. Winning the game is the most important part of a football game. 

You go ahead and keep your sucky little QB that had better numbers and lost and i'll wait for the guy that helps his team win in KC. 

Yep. Since we’re all so impressed over Dalton almost beating a winless team, I’ll just kindly remind everyone what Dalton did against that KC team last year...

15/29 148 yds 1 TD 1 INT

Looks pretty close to Brissett’s numbers. Ofc he actually WON the game though, but by all means keep slamming the kid. It’s a favorite pastime of Dalton’s supporters to shit on other QB’s around the league to try and make him look better.

Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 06:07 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yep. Since we’re all so impressed over Dalton almost beating a winless team, I’ll just kindly remind everyone what Dalton did against that KC team last year...

15/29 148 yds 1 TD 1 INT

Looks pretty close to Brissett’s numbers. Ofc he actually WON the game though, but by all means keep slamming the kid. It’s a favorite pastime of Dalton’s supporters to shit on other QB’s around the league to try and make him look better.

And not only other QBs, other facets of the Bengals team. 

Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 05:48 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: They're obviously better numbers. But what do we want here, a guy who can throw for more yards and tds or the guy who makes throws to keep drives alive that leads to wins?

And let's not act like the majority of Daltons "numbers" weren't from 2 drives at the end of the game. Before that, he sucked major ass. A third down throw away...a third down and 15 dump off to Gio for 5 yards...

Stupid stuff.

Did you miss all the drops that happened? Most of them were on 3rd down. Please tell me how ANY QB is going to march down the field when his receivers are not holding onto the ball?

As to the majority of Dalton's 'numbers', sure he "sucked major ass" in the first half when he couldn't get his receivers to hold onto the ball, but in the 2nd half, not counting the final 2 drives ('cause Lord knows you don't like to consider the whole game when talking about QBs), Dalton was 13-18 96 yards. Only 50 more yards and an INT and Dalton would've equaled the better performance of Brissett.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2019, 06:07 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yep. Since we’re all so impressed over Dalton almost beating a winless team, I’ll just kindly remind everyone what Dalton did against that KC team last year...

15/29 148 yds 1 TD 1 INT

No one's slamming Brissett, but please explain how 150 yards and an INT is outperforming 260 yards and 2 TDs. 
Reply/Quote
I'm not going to keep "debating" Andy Dalton. 

He sucks and he needs to be replaced. Because he sucks. 

Reply/Quote
(10-08-2019, 01:51 PM)PhilHos Wrote: No one's slamming Brissett, but please explain how 150 yards and an INT is outperforming 260 yards and 2 TDs. 

I was comparing them both against the same KC team, not a winless ARZ squad.

Reply/Quote
(10-08-2019, 07:26 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I was comparing them both against the same KC team, not a winless ARZ squad.

Fair enough. I still don't see anyone slamming Brissett.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2019, 01:36 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Fair enough. I still don't see anyone slamming Brissett.

Well, when they start losing games...you will see it. 

Reply/Quote