Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dalton is still a beast.
(11-01-2015, 06:57 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Exactly.

Oline was terrible on what, 6/7 plays at the most?

Can't stop unblocked men and don't put your TE on a 300 ILB DE.

The OL have up pressure almost half of the plays... They didn't do good at all.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 07:01 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: He probably should'nt have thrown 300 passes today. The backs were running well. Hue was not

Seems Hue out thinks himself some time.  Should have ran the ball on that 1st and goal.  Instead 3 straight passes and a pick.  
Reply/Quote
It was just one of those weird days. The offense was out of sync, the pkaycalling not sound and the whole line (but ESPECIALLY Bodine) looked bad. But they got it together on an "off" game and managed the win. On to Cleveland where hopefully the offense looks like it has in the first six games!
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 07:08 PM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: Seems Hue out thinks himself some time.  Should have ran the ball on that 1st and goal.  Instead 3 straight passes and a pick.  

"They'll never think we'll pass it here! They'll really never think we'll pass it here! They'll definitely never think we'll pass it here! Oh."
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 07:09 PM)Joelist Wrote: It was just one of those weird days. The offense was out of sync, the pkaycalling not sound and the whole line (but ESPECIALLY Bodine) looked bad. But they got it together on an "off" game and managed the win. On to Cleveland where hopefully the offense looks like it has in the first six games!

bye week
Reply/Quote
The steelres fans create a lot of problems for Andy to call audibles.

His audible calls were coming with 5 seconds left on the clock, hiking at 0 seconds lets the blitz or defenders rush exactly when they want. I also noticed Andy looked a little nervous because he can't get his audibles off quick enough. That split second of nervousness at the snap lasts long enough to make the play a sack/etc. That's not the offense we're used to seeing, clean pocket and quick throws. They took Eifert out of the game. Steelers adjusted well, Bengals are just a better team right now.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2015, 07:13 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: The steelres fans create a lot of problems for Andy to call audibles.

His audible calls were coming with 5 seconds left on the clock, hiking at 0 seconds lets the blitz or defenders rush exactly when they want. I also noticed Andy looked a little nervous because he can't get his audibles off quick enough. That split second of nervousness at the snap lasts long enough to make the play a sack/etc. That's not the offense we're used to seeing, clean pocket and quick throws. They took Eifert out of the game. Steelers adjusted well, Bengals are just a better team right now.

A big part of this was plays taking too long to come in from the sideline. If the base play takes too long to come in then any audible always winds up being late in the play clock.

I have wondered why we never seem to try something like the Pats do, where their first set of plays (10 or so) are pre-called before kickoff so that the offense gets into a rhythm.
Reply/Quote
He was no worse than Big Ben was.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Hue's play calling was a bit of a head-scratcher but i'm not going to complain.

Dalton was money in the 4th quarter, as usual. I'll take that with a smile.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote