Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dalton only QB since 2014 ....
.....to have 12 yards per attempt in 30+ attempts since 2014. Only 4 QBs have done this since 2011, a way to show how well Dalton played against that great front 7 in New York. Although, he did get a lot of help from those 3 50+ yard gains, it's still an impressive stat and nice to know that our QB is capable of such play.

Thoughts? Big Grin

"Nugget from Dalton story: AD topped 12 yards per pass w/ 30 attempts Sunday. QBs who did that last year? Zero. How many times since '11? 4"

by Paul Dehner, Twitter
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2016, 12:21 PM)milksheikh Wrote: .....to have 12 yards per attempt in 30+ attempts since 2014. Only 4 QBs have done this since 2011, a way to show how well Dalton played against that great front 7 in New York. Although, he did get a lot of help from those 3 50+ yard gains, it's still an impressive stat and nice to know that our QB is capable of such play.

Thoughts? Big Grin

"Nugget from Dalton story: AD topped 12 yards per pass w/ 30 attempts Sunday. QBs who did that last year? Zero. How many times since '11? 4"

by Paul Dehner, Twitter

Who were the other 4?

Dalton is a great QB, that be my thoughts lol
Reply/Quote
With AJ, "Joe", TB, and CJ/Eifert (when he gets back), Andy might do that a few times this season.

MVP! MVP! MVP!
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The pundits who refuse to give this guy respect are losing their last threads that they're hanging on by.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2016, 01:48 PM)NKYRob Wrote: The pundits who refuse to give this guy respect are losing their last threads that they're hanging on by.

Whats left to hate on except playoffs?
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2016, 02:14 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Whats left to hate on except playoffs?

My point exactly.  But there are talking heads all over the place who still see him as average or below average. That's simply not the case.
Reply/Quote
He has grown into a very efficient quarterback no doubt. No surprise that stat points to "Since 2014", his fourth season in the league, where most QB's generally make their biggest leap in terms of development. The man has dedicated himself and it has paid off so far. And as to what others have posted, now it's time for him to take the next step in the postseason, and this fan believes he will do just that.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2016, 02:32 PM)JumboTron Wrote: He has grown into a very efficient quarterback no doubt.  No surprise that stat points to "Since 2014", his fourth season in the league, where most QB's generally make their biggest leap in terms of development.  The man has dedicated himself and it has paid off so far.  And as to what others have posted, now it's time for him  to take the next step in the postseason, and this fan believes he will do just that.

his post that's only 4 QBs have done it sense 2011 when he entered the league.  none did it last season Dalton was the first this season (maybe the only)  as it doesn't appear to be a common thing. (ie first to do it sense 2014)

It does put into perspective about how long the average pass is in the nfl over the course of a game and 30 passes that only 4 have averaged higher than 12 yards a pass with 30 attempts. in the last 5 years.

Now I wonder what the lines are for 20-30 attempts etc.     but I guess the point is the more attempts the more average the numbers get as you get a lot of "passes" that are basically lateral handoffs.     

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2016, 12:21 PM)milksheikh Wrote: .....to have 12 yards per attempt in 30+ attempts since 2014. Only 4 QBs have done this since 2011, a way to show how well Dalton played against that great front 7 in New York. Although, he did get a lot of help from those 3 50+ yard gains, it's still an impressive stat and nice to know that our QB is capable of such play.

Thoughts? Big Grin

by Paul Dehner, Twitter

Doesn't surprise me. Man, that ball to Lafell last week was a thing of beauty...
Reply/Quote
Ive been saying for he last 3 years dalton is a top 5 qb right now andthis just proves it
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2016, 03:37 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Ive been saying for he last 3 years dalton is a top 5 qb right now andthis just proves it

Nah. Just outside the top 5. Brady, Big Ben, Wilson, Rodgers,  and Cam quickly come to mind. If Andy wins a playoff game or two, then he may be able to crack it.

Reply/Quote
(09-16-2016, 05:06 AM)jeremydc Wrote: Nah. Just outside the top 5. Brady, Big Ben, Wilson, Rodgers,  and Cam quickly come to mind. If Andy wins a playoff game or two, then he may be able to crack it.

I think an argument for Dalton being top 5 can be made (especially after last season & the Jets game), but I wouldn't disagree too strongly with anyone that ranks him in the 5-7 range. 

That said, guys like Brady, Ben, and Palmer aren't going to be in the conversation much longer considering their age. Dalton will be firmly top 5 soon enough. And yes, some playoff success would obviously go a long way towards that. 

Reply/Quote
My point is, currently he is not a Top 5 QB. No matter what stats you throw at me, he is not there yet. YET. He will though.

Reply/Quote
(09-16-2016, 05:06 AM)jeremydc Wrote: Nah. Just outside the top 5. Brady, Big Ben, Wilson, Rodgers,  and Cam quickly come to mind. If Andy wins a playoff game or two, then he may be able to crack it.

Dont think wilson or cam is better than dalton. i have it rodgers brady rivers brees dalton wilson cam as my top 7 
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2016, 07:55 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Dont think wilson or cam is better than dalton. i have it rodgers brady rivers brees dalton wilson cam as my top 7 
Different opinions. All is cool. Andy will eventually get there. We will agree soon enough Cool

Reply/Quote
Completely forgot about Brees. Another guy that won't be on the list much longer, at 37 years old.

Reply/Quote
My thoughts are that the debates about Andy Dalton seem that they were a really long time ago....
Formerly w8ing 4 '08
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2016, 05:54 AM)jeremydc Wrote: My point is, currently he is not a Top 5 QB. No matter what stats you throw at me, he is not there yet. YET. He will though.

He was last year... And is playing like one right now.    Top 5 QB means how you are playing at the moment not your entire career.
Reply/Quote
This is one reason I don't like passer rating that much. QBs with higher attempts have a lower YPA, meaning they will have a lower passer rating; even though they could have put the offense on their back and played well. It also means a lower TD % meaning lower passer rating as well. Passer rating is just an efficiency stat, not purely who played better.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2016, 10:08 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: He was last year... And is playing like one right now.    Top 5 QB means how you are playing at the moment not your entire career.
He was last year before the Injury. By your definition:ATM, yes top 5.

Reply/Quote