Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dalton only QB since 2014 ....
I didn't get to see any of the game last week, but it certainly seems like Andy killed it under some difficult circumstances. Here's to hoping that he keeps it going and I can jump on the bandwagon with confidence. I admit I am a tough sell, but the door is at least now ajar.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2016, 05:06 AM)jeremydc Wrote: Nah. Just outside the top 5. Brady, Big Ben, Wilson, Rodgers,  and Cam quickly come to mind. If Andy wins a playoff game or two, then he may be able to crack it.

Yep. I'd put him solidly in the 5-10 range right now. Trending upwards.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2016, 07:55 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Dont think wilson or cam is better than dalton. i have it rodgers brady rivers brees dalton wilson cam as my top 7 

They have to be better, with better rating consistently (Wilson), and SB appearances and a win. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2016, 10:09 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: This is one reason I don't like passer rating that much. QBs with higher attempts have a lower YPA, meaning they will have a lower passer rating; even though they could have put the offense on their back and played well. It also means a lower TD % meaning lower passer rating as well. Passer rating is just an efficiency stat, not purely who played better.

omg...you're not going to start this again are you?

It's your opinion, and that's fine. It's not nearly as honest as you want to make it out. 

For the last time, rating is based on the averages of FOUR categories. It's currently the best system, that has zero subjectivity, in place. There is nothing about it that helps or hinders anyone that throws more or less since it's all based on AVERAGES. 

Reply/Quote
Passer Rating is infinitely superior to the alternatives around now, especially ESPNs laughable QBR.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2016, 01:55 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: omg...you're not going to start this again are you?

It's your opinion, and that's fine. It's not nearly as honest as you want to make it out. 

For the last time, rating is based on the averages of FOUR categories. It's currently the best system, that has zero subjectivity, in place. There is nothing about it that helps or hinders anyone that throws more or less since it's all based on AVERAGES. 

If you're in an offense that throws the ball more then your TD %/YPA will go down. Those 2 things are big in calculating passer rating. It averages it out, but the stat is still based on efficiency. Passer rating favors QBs who don't throw the ball as much. The fact that only 4 QBs since 2011 have had 12 yards per attempt in 30+ attempts in a game clearly shows that. How is that not being honest? It's just how it is.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2016, 01:52 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: They have to be better, with better rating consistently (Wilson), and SB appearances and a win. 

Wilson played okay but it was the Beast and the D that got them there.
Reply/Quote