Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Dalton "optimistic" he will play against the Steelers
(01-03-2016, 11:06 PM)bonesaw Wrote: Doesn't Dalton have a bunch of money on this.  I believe his contract was structured including bonuses for playoff wins

Incentives for playing 80% of snaps in regular and post season. Believe he sits right around 80% for reg so needs to play post season to get that bonus. Please correct me if I'm wrong
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Not too sure I want Dalton under center. 3 weeks off/Rusty/Minimal practice time.

I may be in the minority but I'd rather have McCarron (if the oline can get their shit together)

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2016, 10:53 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: The steelers can't cover out WR without Eifert.   With Eifery it will be a joke .  Heck AJM almost got 300 yards passing with no practice

Pitt is pretty strong up front against the run. The Bengals can't be afraid to let McCarron air it out against their terrible secondary.

New England's game plan against them is to usually throw the ball about 60 times.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2016, 11:14 PM)jeremydc Wrote: Not too sure I want Dalton under center. 3 weeks off/Rusty/Minimal practice time.

I may be in the minority but I'd rather have McCarron (if the oline can get their shit together)

I'm kinda with you.  If he can't fully grip the football at his normal strength, I'd keep him out.  I want him back full go but just don't see it possible.  
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2016, 11:15 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Pitt is pretty strong up front against the run. The Bengals can't be afraid to let McCarron air it out against their terrible secondary.

New England's game plan against them is to usually throw the ball about 60 times.

We will air it out against them. Regardless of Qb. I have a feeling they will sit back and not let it that easy . Make either Qb read and react.
Reply/Quote
I can't imagine Dalton starting unless he takes all the reps beginning Tuesday. We need a healthy QB against PBurgh to take advantage of their weaknesses. What I could see us him dressed as a #2 if he can grip a football but is not 100%. Better than Wenning even if he's not 100%. And if AJM isn't getting it done you put Andy in- not unlike Peyton today.
Reply/Quote
It's not gonna happen.
Reply/Quote
Dalton's other 4 fingers are fine. If he's not been doing exercises with those to keep the muscles from atrophy, him and the coaching staff needs to be slapped. If the cast comes off tomorrow and the doc says it's sufficiently healed, he has enough time to get the flexibility and remaining strength back. Since he's been doing the other exercises, he should be fine.

Providing the bone is healed enough.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Btw there is no % healthy. He either is healed enough or isn't. I'm willing to bet if it's humanly possible he will play. He knows what this means.
Reply/Quote
I love discussing players health on here. Everyone is a physician.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2016, 11:48 PM)TGISunday Wrote: I love discussing players health on here.  Everyone is a physician.

Having a cast on for a week gives a person some functional insight. Being really smart helps too. But i'm no physician, so...

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2016, 11:42 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Dalton's other 4 fingers are fine. If he's not been doing exercises with those to keep the muscles from atrophy, him and the coaching staff needs to be slapped. If the cast comes off tomorrow and the doc says it's sufficiently healed, he has enough time to get the flexibility and remaining strength back. Since he's been doing the other exercises, he should be fine.

Providing the bone is healed enough.

With the thumb, wirst and part of the lower hand in a cast there is only so much you can do with those fingers.  

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 12:07 AM)pally Wrote: With the thumb, wirst and part of the lower hand in a cast there is only so much you can do with those fingers.  

[Image: eagle_claw.jpg]
[Image: Professional-Hand-Gand-Power-Adjustable-...g-font.jpg]
[Image: HTB1UgU3GXXXXXb0XVXXq6xXFXXXe.jpg]
[Image: stock-photo-black-hand-grip-exercise-fin...624149.jpg]

Surely, with the many millions of dollars the Bengals have in the bank, they can come up with a contraption that will allow Dalton to exercise the fingers to keep the pimp hand strong.

Reply/Quote
Dalton will not be playing. McCarron will be the QB to get us our first playoff win in 25 years.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
His coach said "Wasn't optimistic it could be done," but Dalton won't take "Not optimistic it can be done" as an answer
Reply/Quote
his cast comes over the top of the hand knuckles and the thumb is immobilized up to the tip and the wrist is completely immobile. Lack of range of motion limits the full effectiveness of those items. I am sure he is doing all he can and considering he was in great shape before the broken thumb as long as he can grip the football and has regained complete range of motion in those fingers and wrist the strength should be there pretty quickly.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 12:18 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Dalton will not be playing.  McCarron will be the QB to get us our first playoff win in 25 years.

[Image: Dude-Wheres-My-Car-And-Then.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 12:34 AM)pally Wrote: his cast comes over the top of the hand knuckles and the thumb is immobilized up to the tip and the wrist is completely immobile.  Lack of range of motion limits the full effectiveness of those items.  I am sure he is doing all he can and considering he was in great shape before the broken thumb  as long as he can grip the football and has regained complete range of motion in those fingers and wrist the strength should be there pretty quickly.

Over the knuckle you say...
No range of motion you say...

[Image: cropped_REU_2350003.jpg?ts=1450049767]

Looks pretty flexible to me. 

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2016, 11:53 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Having a cast on for a week gives a person some functional insight. Being really smart helps too. But i'm no physician, so...

But did you stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night?
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 12:57 AM)MTBengalsFan Wrote: But did you stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night?

BUSTED!!!!

Reply/Quote