Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dalton playing better than last year.
(10-26-2016, 02:14 PM)Fresno B Wrote: Can't neg rep so you just going to troll? The topic is about Dalton. Stay on topic.

It's not trolling when it is true. True like Dalton and Aj being the only reason we are 3-4 and not 0-7 or 1-6.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2016, 02:29 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: It's not trolling when it is true. True like Dalton and Aj being the only reason we are 3-4 and not 0-7 or 1-6.

Why should the other players dress then? I imagine other players read these boards too. What would you say to the other 51?
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2016, 02:27 PM)Fresno B Wrote: Make up your mind. Is it Andy and AJ thats responsible for the wins or is it the team? You can't have it both ways. If their responsible for wins they have to be for loses too?

I can't tell if you're being intentionally dumb. I'm hoping for your sake you're just trolling.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2016, 02:27 PM)Fresno B Wrote: Make up your mind. Is it Andy and AJ thats responsible for the wins or is it the team? You can't have it both ways. If their responsible for wins they have to be for loses too?

You ever hear the term "in spite of"? Cool

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-26-2016, 02:23 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Yeah he and AJ pretty much have the team @ 3-4. If the defense would play better and if the OL would play better we would most likely be at least 5-2 IMO with losses to Dallas and NE. The Stoolers game was pretty much another debacle (see vine "holding" thread and boyd "fumble"), and we should have beaten Denver at home.

Agreed.
Reply/Quote
Ok. So when we win its because of Andy and AJ? But when we lose its because of the other guys, namely the o line? Gotcha
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2016, 02:31 PM)Fresno B Wrote: Why should the other players dress then? I imagine other players read these boards too. What would you say to the other 51?

That the only reason we are 3-4 is because of Andy and AJ. Just like I'm telling you. I doubt many read this board, so do not flatter yourself thinking they see your posts.

Reply/Quote
(10-26-2016, 02:36 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: I can't tell if you're being intentionally dumb. I'm hoping for your sake you're just trolling.

Yep. Anyone who doesn't think like you is either dumb or trolling. Wink
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2016, 04:17 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: That the only reason we are 3-4 is because of Andy and AJ. Just like I'm telling you. I doubt many read this board, so do not flatter yourself thinking they see your posts.

Lalala
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2016, 04:15 PM)Fresno B Wrote: Ok. So when we win its because of Andy and AJ?  But when we lose its because of the other guys, namely the o line? Gotcha

With the numbers those two are putting up week in and week out....yeah, I'd say that's pretty much the case.  If they were having off games, it might be a different story.  They have been our offense for the most part, with LaFell playing well too.  When you struggle to punch it in from the 1 inch line on three plays, you could say your run game is struggling.  The line is trash, and the defense and teams haven't been much better.  Peep the rankings.....

Reply/Quote
(10-26-2016, 04:19 PM)Fresno B Wrote: Yep. Anyone who doesn't think like you is either dumb or trolling. Wink

It's not because you "don't think like me". It's because you can't seem to use your brain. If you ever played/watched a team sport in your life you would know that a player or few could still win a game in spite of the rest of their team. Anyone who has ever watched team sports can know that there could be players who are doing well but still lose because their team isn't playing well.
Reply/Quote
Without even looking at AJ Green's stats, we are 4th in passing yards and YPA, 5th in YPC, 6th in completion %, 3rd in pards per passes thrown, and 7th in passer rating.  We know that Green gets the lion's share of targets, so.....yeah, they're carrying the offense. Tied with 8 at 25th with two picks.

Reply/Quote
(10-26-2016, 04:31 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: It's not because you "don't think like me". It's because you can't seem to use your brain. If you ever played/watched a team sport in your life you would know that a player or few could still win a game in spite of the rest of their team. Anyone who has ever watched team sports can know that there could be players who are doing well but still lose because their team isn't playing well.

Why cant you ever respond without name calling? It baffles me that people actually like you. How did you get so many reps? All I see you do on this board is attack posters not the argument. ????
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2016, 04:35 PM)Wyche Wrote: Without even looking at AJ Green's stats, we are 4th in passing yards and YPA, 5th in YPC, 6th in completion %, 3rd in pards per passes thrown, and 7th in passer rating.  We know that Green gets the lion's share of targets, so.....yeah, they're carrying the offense.  Tied with 8 at 25th with two picks.

Green is 2nd in yards right now. Julio Jones has 55 more yards than him. I think he can close the gap next week.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2016, 04:43 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Green is 2nd in yards right now. Julio Jones has 55 more yards than him. I think he can close the gap next week.

Yeah, knew it was up there....and he's up there in receptions.

Reply/Quote
A lot of mention about pay for Dalton earlier in the thread. I'd like to point out his playoff success escalators. He jumps up handsomely with a win or two, which is the whole reason why you pay a qb a ton of money in the first place.

Fair or not, all parties made a business decision in '14 and it's showing to be a good move for everyone. That's just how timing works.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2016, 04:43 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Green is 2nd in yards right now. Julio Jones has 55 more yards than him. I think he can close the gap next week.

(10-26-2016, 04:47 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yeah, knew it was up there....and he's up there in receptions.

Julio had that crazy 300 yard game, that put him up there, surprised he is only 55 yards ahead of AJ.

Shows me AJ is having a better overall season. 300 yards in one game for Julio?!! Did they even have DB's in that game?
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2016, 05:14 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Julio had that crazy 300 yard game, that put him up there, surprised he is only 55 yards ahead of AJ.

Shows me AJ is having a better overall season. 300 yards in one game for Julio?!! Did they even have DB's in that game?

Julio (4) still has more 100+ yard games this season than AJ (3).

He's also averaging 5.3 more yards per catch, and has 1 more TD.

So I don't know if you can say AJ is having a better overall season at all. They both have some games where they vanished, Julio's was worse than AJ's, but AJ has more than Julio.

Weird that you want to penalize Julio for a 300 yard game, though.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2016, 12:36 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Steelers OL is only any good because the Refs let them blatantly hold on every single play. If they played for the Bengals, they would constantly draw penalties, and suck. Same for their OL coach. If he couldn't teach them to just hold, then he couldn't teach them much of anything.

Patriots fans were complaining about blatant holds as well. People around the league are starting to notice.

(10-26-2016, 02:12 PM)Fresno B Wrote: So it takes an entire team to win? I swear I just read that Dalton is carrying this team. That seems to be what this thread is about. 

I think the point is that the QB shouldn't HAVE to carry the team. There's no doubt Dalton is right now. We're still in the playoff hunt thanks to his exceptional play, but you need good team play to win championships. No QB has ever won a title on his own. I feel extremely confident in saying that.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2016, 05:14 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Julio had that crazy 300 yard game, that put him up there, surprised he is only 55 yards ahead of AJ.

I forget who it was against, but Chad once had 260 yards on 9 catches. This is the first time since then (that I recall) that a WR topped that number. Chad was something else.

But yeah, AJ Green has taken his game to a new level this year. Amazing really.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote