Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dalton quiets critics
He shut me the hell up. And I like it. Tongue This is the most consistent, accurate, poised Dalton I have ever seen and being one of his biggest critics, I must honestly say he's exceeded all expectations that a QB has. I know it's still early but if he keeps this fire and intensity only the sky would be the limit. Congratulations Dalton, for being the QB all us doubters doubted, and leading my Cincinnati Bengals to a 4-0 record. Keep up the good work. Who Dey Tiger Rock On ThumbsUp Dancing Happy

Anybody got any hot sauce? This crow is awful. Smack
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2015, 12:17 AM)Fresno B Wrote: He shut me the hell up. And I like it. Tongue This is the most consistent, accurate, poised Dalton I have ever seen and being one of his biggest critics, I must honestly say he's exceeded all expectations that a QB has. I know it's still early but if he keeps this fire and intensity only the sky would be the limit. Congratulations Dalton, for being the QB all us doubters doubted, and leading my Cincinnati Bengals to a 4-0 record. Keep up the good work. Who Dey  Tiger  Rock On  ThumbsUp  Dancing  Happy

I've been a huge critic too, but then again so have lots of people that follow the NFL. He's playing great, and I hope that continues. However, I wouldn't feel too bad about being hard on him in the past, he did a lot to earn it. Now he's earning praise, also well deserved.
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2015, 12:17 AM)Fresno B Wrote: He shut me the hell up. And I like it. Tongue This is the most consistent, accurate, poised Dalton I have ever seen and being one of his biggest critics, I must honestly say he's exceeded all expectations that a QB has. I know it's still early but if he keeps this fire and intensity only the sky would be the limit. Congratulations Dalton, for being the QB all us doubters doubted, and leading my Cincinnati Bengals to a 4-0 record. Keep up the good work. Who Dey  Tiger  Rock On  ThumbsUp  Dancing  Happy

Props for being man enough to choke it down, and to give praise where it is deserved. 

Just get Kroft and Burkhead more involved...(that is for Hue).  Keep using all your weapons and don't force it to AJ if not open.  He will keep this offense rolling.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
hahaa
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2015, 12:17 AM)Fresno B Wrote: Anybody got any hot sauce? This crow is awful. Smack

I have some Texas Pete, that will make anything taste better.

Dalton is on fire, and i love it. Who Dey
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2015, 12:31 AM)Utts Wrote: I've been a huge critic too, but then again so have lots of people that follow the NFL. He's playing great, and I hope that continues. However, I wouldn't feel too bad about being hard on him in the past, he did a lot to earn it. Now he's earning praise, also well deserved
My problem especially for those being so critical is you would almost seem like we had Brian Hoyer,  or some also ran playing behind center for the last four years.   We have not.. Dalton has been a solid NFL QB that had weaknesses that had to be improved on to move the bar but he also had some strengths that were being overlooked on a consistent basis.
Think about how Stafford, Kaepernick, Tannehill, Bradford, RGIII ... QBs coming along around same time with Dalton were so praised and considered better than Dalton and look how they are performing now and who would you rather have as your QB now.  Only Wilson and Luck and possible Newton  have out performed Dalton over the last 4/5 years of new QB's in the league.
Reply/Quote

People are definitely on the bandwagon 
http://mweb.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25327095/nfl-grades-week-4-are-the-bengals-the-best-team-in-the-afc
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2015, 12:31 AM)Utts Wrote: I've been a huge critic too, but then again so have lots of people that follow the NFL. He's playing great, and I hope that continues. However, I wouldn't feel too bad about being hard on him in the past, he did a lot to earn it. Now he's earning praise, also well deserved.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Hr's had 4 good games and has deserved praise for his performance. I am not on the bandwagon just yet, however i am feeling pretty good about him at the moment.

Reply/Quote
(10-05-2015, 06:01 AM)Anderson HOF Wrote: My problem especially for those being so critical is you would almost seem like we had Brian Hoyer,  or some also ran playing behind center for the last four years.   We have not.. Dalton has been a solid NFL QB that had weaknesses that had to be improved on to move the bar but he also had some strengths that were being overlooked on a consistent basis.
Think about how Stafford, Kaepernick, Tannehill, Bradford, RGIII ... QBs coming along around same time with Dalton were so praised and considered better than Dalton and look how they are performing now and who would you rather have as your QB now.  Only Wilson and Luck and possible Newton  have out performed Dalton over the last 4/5 years of new QB's in the league.

Dead on.

If people look at the careers of Brees, Rivers, and even Brady, you see that they started at one level and continued to improve until they reached their peak.  Dalton was on a good trajectory with his first three seasons and last year was sort of a bump in the road.  New OC, lots of injuries, etc.  But now, I think we are seeing the Dalton that we hoped to see after his first three years with Gruden.

This week will be a huge test for him and the offense in general.  I'm so excited for next weeks game, I wish it was Sunday morning again already.

And I am not panicking about the lack of a huge running attack.  In a way, it sort of pleases me.  I want Hill and Gio fresh for December football, where a running game will pay huge dividends.  (as well as the playoffs, which they will hopefully reach again).  They are a team that has great balance and can beat you in so many ways.

I feel I need to mention the outstanding performance by the offensive line as well.  They kept Andy clean all day and did a good job in run blocking as well. 
Reply/Quote
Dalton does deserve praise as he clearly has worked hard to improve. His accuracy on the deep ball has been sick. Marvin Jones' drop would have blown it wide open earlier, too. Props to Tate (I a huge critic of his) for his first catch, which was amazing in regards to grab and awareness to get up.

Anyone still want kaepernick? Confused

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.propelio.com%2Fwp-c...f=1&nofb=1]

Reply/Quote
This thread will be fun to revisit, once there is a game where the pass pro breaks down, the team falls out of sync for a half, and the torches and pitch forks come back out.

Just kidding, Andy is looking like a true professional out there.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
[Image: slapping.gif]
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote

I enhanceed my crow with BBQ Sauce, Hot Sauce mix.... Congrats to 14
Shop my store for Awesome Bengal-Style and Various Graphic T-Shirts!
http://www.cincyfanatics.com
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2015, 08:46 AM)Shouldamapads Wrote: Dalton does deserve praise as he clearly has worked hard to improve.  His accuracy on the deep ball has been sick.  Marvin Jones' drop would have blown it wide open earlier, too.  Props to Tate (I a huge critic of his) for his first catch, which was amazing in regards to grab and awareness to get up.

Anyone still want kaepernick?  Confused

His deep ball has been scary accurate...wow!
Shop my store for Awesome Bengal-Style and Various Graphic T-Shirts!
http://www.cincyfanatics.com
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2015, 08:46 AM)Shouldamapads Wrote: Dalton does deserve praise as he clearly has worked hard to improve.  His accuracy on the deep ball has been sick.  Marvin Jones' drop would have blown it wide open earlier, too.  Props to Tate (I a huge critic of his) for his first catch, which was amazing in regards to grab and awareness to get up.

Anyone still want kaepernick?  Confused

Also, I think the one deep ball to AJ in the 1st half (which was slightly overthrown) was very catchable and AJ lost it in the sun.  I was wondering why he didn't kick it into the extra gear like usual and then remember seeing him kind of looking towards the sky.

I hate football on sunny days, especially during the fall where the sun is at a different angle; it's especially bad on routes running towards the north end zone. 
Reply/Quote
DJS wanted me to let you know that this thread belongs in the Dalton mega thread. ThumbsUp
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
When Andy has time he is very good - yesterday, even when pressured, he was able to get outside the pocket and throw accurately on the run, something he used to struggle with.

The scrambling completion to Tate was 100% sweet and sealed the deal!
Reply/Quote
That contract extension is starting to look like a real value now doesn't it?
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2015, 12:31 AM)Utts Wrote: I've been a huge critic too, but then again so have lots of people that follow the NFL. He's playing great, and I hope that continues. However, I wouldn't feel too bad about being hard on him in the past, he did a lot to earn it. Now he's earning praise, also well deserved.

make that x2

I have not stopped gushing about AD last few weeks to all my fellow Bengals fan. Even though I most likely gave him a little to much crap, I will say nobody is more happy for him than me. If he's doing well, the team follows suit. And he's playing VERY well. 

Congrats AD! Keep up the outstanding work.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2015, 10:16 AM)Rattler Wrote: When Andy has time he is very good - yesterday, even when pressured, he was able to get outside the pocket and throw accurately on the run, something he used to struggle with.

The scrambling completion to Tate was 100% sweet and sealed the deal!

The burkhead play was awesome too. He played that perfectly.
Reply/Quote