Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dalton quiets critics
(10-05-2015, 10:15 AM)PhilHos Wrote: DJS wanted me to let you know that this thread belongs in the Dalton mega thread. ThumbsUp

How butthurt can you possibly be about that post? Holy shit.
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2015, 10:19 AM)Fresno B Wrote: The burkhead play was awesome too. He played that perfectly.

Was that the bad snap play?  
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2015, 10:20 AM)Rattler Wrote: Was that the bad snap play?  

The bad snap play was the 30-some yarder to A.J.
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2015, 10:19 AM)djs7685 Wrote: How butthurt can you possibly be about that post? Holy shit.

About as butthurt as you are for someone posting a Dalton thread outside of the Mega thread.  ThumbsUp
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote

No, that one was to AJ deep down left sideline.

The Rex play was AD felt pressure up the middle, rolled to his left and found Burkhead in stride down the sideline as he threw the ball across his body.

Rex made a great scramble play as well. Rex is another example of our depth. He is a very goof special teams players, RB and WR type backup.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2015, 10:23 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: No, that one was to AJ deep down left sideline.

The Rex play was AD felt pressure up the middle, rolled to his left and found Burkhead in stride down the sideline as he threw the ball across his body.

Rex made a great scramble play as well. Rex is another example of our depth. He is a very goof special teams players, RB and WR type backup.

His pocket awareness has been probably the biggest improvement over previous seasons that I have noticed.  Hope it continues.   
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2015, 10:25 AM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: His pocket awareness has been probably the biggest improvement over previous seasons that I have noticed.  Hope it continues.   

Agreed. It's funny, but we were talking just as recently as preseason about Dalton's weakness being his consistency and pocket presence and what does he do once regular season start? Show great pocket presence and great consistency.

Hmmmm, weren't we also talking about his playoff performances? Ninja
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2015, 10:23 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: No, that one was to AJ deep down left sideline.

He made so many great plays that turned into huge gainers, they blurred together.

Agreed RB has definitely earned more PT.

ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2015, 10:25 AM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: His pocket awareness has been probably the biggest improvement over previous seasons that I have noticed.  Hope it continues.   

I need to watch the play again, but I think Boling stepped up and picked up a lineman stunting as well or AD may have been sacked or had more pressure.

The OL has been nothing short of amazing this year and deserve a ton of credit for our success. Now, they need to cut down on their penalties as our only drives unsuccessful yesterday were due to OL penalties.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2015, 10:27 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Agreed. It's funny, but we were talking just as recently as preseason about Dalton's weakness being his consistency and pocket presence and what does he do once regular season start? Show great pocket presence and great consistency.

I think the game next Sunday will be  about as close to a playoff game as we might see in the regular season.  Next to the division games.  
Reply/Quote

(10-05-2015, 10:27 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Agreed. It's funny, but we were talking just as recently as preseason about Dalton's weakness being his consistency and pocket presence and what does he do once regular season start? Show great pocket presence and great consistency.

No. The one where the defender came blitzing down the middle and Dalton circle stepped to his left and hit burkhead down the sidelines for a big gain. In the past he would have thrown it up for grabs or took the sack.
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2015, 10:29 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I need to watch the play again, but I think Boling stepped up and picked up a lineman stunting as well or AD may have been sacked or had more pressure.

The OL has been nothing short of amazing this year and deserve a ton of credit for our success. Now, they need to cut down on their penalties as our only drives unsuccessful yesterday were due to OL penalties.

QB is a position that relies on the OL winning up front.  Look at how Luck has played this year for the Colts.  If Dalton feels comfortable in the pocket, now that he has playmakers who can make plays, he is about as good as they come.  

Keep him clean, and we will be in most games.  
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2015, 10:34 AM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: QB is a position that relies on the OL winning up front.  Look at how Luck has played this year for the Colts.  If Dalton feels comfortable in the pocket, now that he has playmakers who can make plays, he is about as good as they come.  

Keep him clean, and we will be in most games.  

No doubt, you give almost any NFL QB time, the chances magnify he will make good decisions and good throws.

Reply/Quote
(10-05-2015, 10:32 AM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: I think the game next Sunday will be  about as close to a playoff game as we might see in the regular season.  Next to the division games.  

Eh, regular season, 1:00 PM @ PBS? I'm much less worried about any game that fits that bill, regardless of opponent, over a playoff game.

It will be nice to see them face a great defense though. The Chiefs and Chargers were supposed to be scary on D but haven't lived up to that so far this year. I'm not taking anything away from the Bengals offense this year, they've gone out and done exactly what they should have each game, but they haven't really been getting any nightmare matchups or seeing any top tier defenses.
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2015, 10:18 AM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: That contract extension is starting to look like a real value now doesn't it?

Hellz yes.  We act like we can draft a 3rd round QB to carry the franchise.  Andy played well in spurts in the past, but we are watching the maturation of an elite QB in front of our eyes.  Of course he will have mediocre games, but he has changed his paradigm.

Can I get a Who Dey!!
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2015, 12:31 AM)Utts Wrote: I've been a huge critic too, but then again so have lots of people that follow the NFL. He's playing great, and I hope that continues. However, I wouldn't feel too bad about being hard on him in the past, he did a lot to earn it. Now he's earning praise, also well deserved.

Spot on. He's earned the criticism in the past just like he's earning all the praise this season. I notice the Dalton critics have no issue with praising him when he's playing well. Too bad it doesn't work the other way around. All I hear when he doesn't play well is excuses and that everything is Marvin's fault. Ahh well.....in the end we need him to play at this level if we ever want to go deep in the playoffs. 4 games in he's looking good.
Reply/Quote
Anybody got any hot sauce? This crow is awful.

Picante enough for ya?
[Image: th?id=OIP.M681a86ed6735f14365fa90eba6b90...=225&h=169]
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2015, 10:50 AM)CornerBlitz Wrote: Spot on. He's earned the criticism in the past just like he's earning all the praise this season. I notice the Dalton critics have no issue with praising him when he's playing well. Too bad it doesn't work the other way around. All I hear when he doesn't play well is excuses and that everything is Marvin's fault. Ahh well.....in the end we need him to play at this level if we ever want to go deep in the playoffs. 4  games in he's looking good.

Rolleyes

The fact of the matter is that there are a few who never praise Dalton and there are a few who never criticize him. However, by and large, most people on here have done both in a reasonable manner.

If all you "hear" is the opposite of your viewpoint, that means that you're just as biased as those you criticize but of the opposing viewpoint.
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2015, 10:50 AM)CornerBlitz Wrote: Spot on. He's earned the criticism in the past just like he's earning all the praise this season. I notice the Dalton critics have no issue with praising him when he's playing well. Too bad it doesn't work the other way around. All I hear when he doesn't play well is excuses and that everything is Marvin's fault. Ahh well.....in the end we need him to play at this level if we ever want to go deep in the playoffs. 4  games in he's looking good.

There's playing bad and there's we need to draft a new QB because the one we have now hasn't won a playoff game in his first 4 seasons in the league.
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2015, 10:50 AM)CornerBlitz Wrote:  All I hear when he doesn't play well is excuses and that everything is Marvin's fault.

(10-05-2015, 11:01 AM)PhilHos Wrote: If all you "hear" is the opposite of your viewpoint, that means that you're just as biased as those you criticize but of the opposing viewpoint.

Rep to Phil.
Reply/Quote