Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dalton ranked 35 in Top 100
Yeah Dalton's value compared to the market at his position is incredible. We would be crying if our QB was on the list of some of the guys making more...
Reply/Quote
Shocked to see Dalton ranked so high after not being ranked at all. Glad players are slowly noticing how underrated he is compared to the other young darling qb's.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2016, 07:56 PM)Lewdog Wrote: Yeah and he might actually then be worth the contract he signed.

So, are you thinking that Andy is overrated/over paid?  If so, why do you feel this way?  Is it based solely on past playoff outcomes, or do you just think that he is not that good, in general?

Personally, I think that the team is getting a heck of a deal.  Just take a look at starting QB contracts from around the league. 

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Awesome puff piece.

http://www.inquisitr.com/3214085/cincinnati-bengals-andy-daton-brandon-lafell-minicamp/

I particularly liked the quote from LaFell, where he thought that he had outrun a deep ball, and was surprised when it dropped right into his hands.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2016, 09:38 PM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: Yeah Dalton's value compared to the market at his position is incredible.  We would be crying if our QB was on the list of some of the guys making more...

A point that I like to mention, every time someone complains about Andy's contract. ThumbsUp

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Dalton is an elite quarterback comparable to Tom Brady. If you compare Brady's first five year stats to Dalton they are very similar. They nearly have the same number of touchdowns to interceptions.

Andy Dalton has 124 touchdowns and 73 interceptions. Tom Brady has 124 touchdowns and 66 interceptions.
Reply/Quote
I'm sorry I goofed. Tom Brady has 123 touchdowns and 66 interceptions.
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2016, 01:16 AM)Bryan Wrote: So I didn't see this posted and if it is, I apologize, feel free to merge it if that's the case. Anyway Dalton came in at #35 today on the Top 100 players in the NFL. I think that's a fairly solid ranking for him. Especially for it being his first time on the list. I read on NFL.com that 15 QBs are on the list this year and that 7 were below Dalton with 7 above him, putting him smack dab in the middle, or the 8th best QB in the NFL(according to the players). What are your thoughts on this? Is Andy too high? Too low? Is this the perfect spot for him? Are there really 7 QBs better than him? 

I'd say it's just about right.  If he builds on last season, he's arguably top 5.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(06-21-2016, 03:55 PM)Bengalfan73 Wrote: I'm sorry I goofed. Tom Brady has 123 touchdowns and 66 interceptions.

That is pretty close to the same numbers. Dalton needs to keep the ints down a bit more though of course.

But Dalton and Brady's games are quite different. Dalton has much more athleticism while Brady has that
finisher in him Dalton needs to get. Brady has that stare at ends of games i wish Dalton had. Maybe he will
develop that who knows.

I also like Dalton's long ball better than Brady's but Brady is much better in the middle of the field.
Reply/Quote