Poll: Dalton abruptly retires to become a Monk. Who would you want as the Long Term QB ?
Matt Barkley
Jeff Driskel
Sign an available Free Agent – name your guy in a Post
Sign Colin Kaepernick
Trade to get AJ McCarron back
Trade for a QB that is already in the NFL – name your guy in a Post
Trade the moon to get Sam Darnold
Trade the moon to get Josh Rosen
Trade the moon to get Josh Allen
Trade up for Baker Mayfield
Get Lamar Jackson (may or may not have to trade up)
Draft Mason Rudolph
Draft some other 2018 rookie – name your guy in a Post
Wait to Draft a 2019 rookie QB – name your guy in a Post
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dalton retires to become a Monk POLL 2. Who would you have be the long term QB ?
I went Mason Rudolph, it just seems a much more realistic Bengals move.

If they would actually trade the moon and go I'd probably pick Josh Allen. I want nothing to do with Mayfield he's a class A jerk. I've watched a couple of Darnold's games and he's done exactly nothing that impressed me and he's a turnover machine.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2018, 06:12 PM)depthchart Wrote: Now, now Grampahol, you wouldn't want that.

What if Dalton's abrupt retirement to become a Monk backed Mike and Marvin into a corner where the pressure caused them to actually Hit on the QB they chose, leading to a Super Bowl win two seasons later, leading to another Marvin extension ?

This would be the Fairy Tale ending you should want for Mike.  Tongue

I can play what if too ya know .. What if Andy decides to become a TV preacher,  Mikey and Marvin pull off a trade for both Tom Brady and Arron Rogers and both have horrible bathtub accidents the day before opening day in the same bathtub at the same time and never play another snap? 
Andy gets the title of gods own QB and prays for us to win every super bowl till the end of time  ...George Burns comes back from the grave and tells the world he's a Browns fan.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(04-19-2018, 11:55 AM)grampahol Wrote: I can play what if too ya know .. What if Andy decides to become a TV preacher,  Mikey and Marvin pull off a trade for both Tom Brady and Arron Rogers and both have horrible bathtub accidents the day before opening day in the same bathtub at the same time and never play another snap? 
Andy gets the title of gods own QB and prays for us to win every super bowl till the end of time  ...

A few questions:

Do they have TV preacher's that are Monks ?

Was Mike the 3rd person thought to be in the bath tub or was he just watching from the grassy knoll ?
Reply/Quote
So if Dalton just made the decision today I would sign Kaepernick.

He was a little over rated when he was taking the Niners to the Super Bowl, but he is grossly underrated right now.

Drafting a QB is a total crap shoot. Even the best NFL teams have a hard time projecting college QBs to the NFL. There are 4 or 5 that will go in the top half of the first round this year. Some of those will be complete busts but none of us can tell right now.

Kaepernick is a proven quantity.
Reply/Quote
What stands out to me is that there are votes for 11 different options, and most of those won't work out as well as the QB we have.

Finding a good QB isn't an easy task.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I voted for Mason Rudolph who is personally my 2nd favorite QB prospect in this Draft behind Baker Mayfield
who i think is the most talented besides Allen but much more accurate and can throw his Receivers open which
is a great skill set for a QB to have and is rare.

Rudolph has nice size, is smart with the ball and accurate. Could be very good in the NFL.

I like Lamar Jackson but i still have questions with his release, throwing out of the pocket and him getting hurt.
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2018, 01:32 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'd have to see what the Browns would want for Tyrod Taylor. The kids career passer rating is just shy of 90 and is much higher than that over his time as a starter, despite having no one to throw to. Can also make plays with his feet. Then I would draft Lamar Jackson.

lol they want him to take the hits this year so they don't have to feed the 2 QBs they draft to the wolves
Reply/Quote
I vote for either Dan Lefevor or

Matt Scott.... (he had that play that will never be forgotten in bengals lore)

Reply/Quote
Stupid, but I voted Lamar Jackson because he is so different.

It is stupid because Dalton won't become a monk....Have you SEEN his wife? Yowza....
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2018, 12:51 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: It is stupid because Dalton won't become a monk....Have you SEEN his wife?  Yowza....

Monk conjugal visits, maybe?   Can't get too kinky though because you can't say the safety word if you've taken a vow of silence.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2018, 05:34 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Monk conjugal visits, maybe?   Can't get too kinky though because you can't say the safety word if you've taken a vow of silence.

So, this guy becomes a monk and takes a vow of silence. Once a year, he's allowed to say 2 words. 
After his first year, he goes to the head monk and says, "Bed hard." 
After another year, he goes to the head monk and says, "Food bad." 
After another year, he goes to the head monk and says, "I quit."
To which the head monk replies, "I'm not surprised. You've done nothing but complain since you got here."
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Go with Baker,
Don't know why the Manziel references, he's much more of a complete QB than Manziel ever was both mentally and physically.
He has plenty of height to play in the NFL, he's actually taller than Brees and Wilson. So I don't really see it as an issue.
His accuracy, long ball, TD-INT ratio are all off the charts. Even tested high Football IQ. Look at game tape. His balls aren't batted down. Give him some passing lanes and let BM find them and adjust his throwing angles and maneuver in the pocket. He will get the job done.

I understand many might feel he's a system QB, so then why do you want Mason Rudolph?
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2018, 01:57 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Go with Baker,
Don't know why the Manziel references, he's much more of a complete QB than Manziel ever was both mentally and physically.
He has plenty of height to play in the NFL, he's actually taller than Brees and Wilson. So I don't really see it as an issue.
His accuracy, long ball, TD-INT ratio are all off the charts. Even tested high Football IQ. Look at game tape. His balls aren't batted down. Give him some passing lanes and let BM find them and adjust his throwing angles and maneuver in the pocket. He will get the job done.

I understand many might feel he's a system QB, so then why do you want Mason Rudolph?

We never really got to see what Manziel could have become because of his substance abuse problems which he let become severe.

While there are some similarities in their playing styles, the fact that Manziel self destructed shouldn't be painted onto Baker.

Baker has a decent chance of succeeding.

Seems like Baker may go as early as #3 overall to the Jets according to some and definitely before the Bengals pick.

It will be interesting to watch and see how his career turns out.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2018, 12:51 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: It is stupid because Dalton won't become a monk....Have you SEEN his wife?  Yowza....

Maybe he is joining the "Funky Monks".

He has the "red" part down.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2018, 04:00 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Maybe he is joining the "Funky Monks".

He has the "red" part down.

He would have to shave his head bald to become a real Monk and lose his trademark red locks of hair.

His eyebrows would still somewhat match his Orange robe though.  Mellow
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2018, 04:06 PM)depthchart Wrote: He would have to shave his head bald to become a real Monk and lose his trademark red locks of hair.

His eyebrows would still somewhat match his Orange robe though.  Mellow

[Image: 2qZclIo]

[Image: 300x300.jpg]
Reply/Quote