Poll: Dalton abruptly retires. Who would you want as the Long term QB ?
AJ McCarron
Deshaun Watson
Mitch Tribisky
DeShone Kizer
Patrick Mahomes II
Brad Kaaya
Davis Webb
Other rookie-(explain with a Post)
Free agent-(explain who with a Post)
Trade for a QB-(explain who with a Post)
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Dalton retires to become a Monk POLL. Who would you have be the long term QB ?
Stranger things have happened, so let's assume Andy Dalton announces Pre Draft that he will seek a higher calling and Retire.

Let's get a sense as to whether people would really want to make AJ McCarron the long term QB or Draft or sign another option.

I get that we would Draft someone anyway to compete for the job but who would you put your Chips down on as the guy you would want to be the new long term Face of the Franchise at the QB position ?
Reply/Quote
Might as well roll with Macaroon for a year or two if that were to happen.  Either he sinks(high draft pick for a QB in a year or two) or swims(stays franchise QB while they troll the later rounds for QB competition).  
Reply/Quote
AJM becomes the starter and the Bengals are now in play for Watson, Trubisky, Kizer or Mahomes. I don't think they should take them in the first though. They can pretend they have an interest and perhaps trade down with a team that thought one of those would fall but now won't.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Give AJ McCarron the keys.

Sign Jay Cutler as insurance.

Draft QB high in the next draft with a good draft class
Reply/Quote
You'd have to roll with AJM and see what he can do.  I like the insurance with a vet as well.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Definitely roll with AJM this year, use this draft to make the rest of the team better and see what he does with a full season. Worst case scenario we target a QB high in next years draft. No qb in this class that I would really prefer over AJ. Guess I could get on board with drafting a qb in the 2nd in this scenario if somebody falls to #41
Reply/Quote
I'd sign Jay Cutler... I guess.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Ha! That's a good one. Although it really wouldn't be a complete shock. Those that follow Dalton and his wife on Instagram can clearly see they are the biggest Jesus freaks on the planet. Maybe Dalton will leave for that "higher calling" at some point... But if that scenario happens in the coming weeks, you gotta roll with McCarron for the year.

As far as backup, I'd go with a veteran... Maybe Cutler or Clausen. Either way, we're boned. I don't like a single QB in this upcoming draft. If we fall off a cliff with McCarron, I'd be ecstatic if we could get Sam Darnold in next years draft
Reply/Quote
I'm gonna stay a believer in Kizer. He would be my #1
Reply/Quote
Free Agent.. who cares if he's 30, I still got LeFevour FEVER! Ninja

Jokes aside, probably Colin Kaepernick if not McCarron. Mike Brown tried to get Vick after he got out of jail, so I could see Mike Brown overruling everyone else to get Kaepernick.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Kaepernick or Mahomes.

But I went with Mahomes. I'd rather take a ton of those guys over McCarron in all honesty.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
We could go 2 ways.

1. Take a QB like Trubisky or Watson
2. Roll with McCarron, even though I'm far from sold on him. If he surprises, great, if not we would likely have a top 5 pick in a good QB draft next year.

I wouldn't hate either option.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
No "Cardale Jones" option?

Someone does not understand this fan base.
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2017, 06:08 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No "Cardale Jones" option?

Someone does not understand this fan base.

And some like to think they do.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Roll with Macaroni for now and pick up a vet like Cutler. I'm really not sold on anybody in this class. See what comes around next year.
Reply/Quote
Start AJM, take Dobbs in the 3rd.
Reply/Quote
all I hear is Mrs Dalton is single now
Reply/Quote
In the unlikely event that were to occur, I say you just roll with McCarron, and hope for a better draft class next year.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Roll out McCarron, see what he can do over a full season. If it's not good enough, you see who is available in next years draft.

In this league you need a great QB. If you don't have one, you should be looking for one.
Reply/Quote
Have you seen Dalton's wife? He's not becoming a monk
Reply/Quote