Poll: Dalton abruptly retires. Who would you want as the Long term QB ?
AJ McCarron
Deshaun Watson
Mitch Tribisky
DeShone Kizer
Patrick Mahomes II
Brad Kaaya
Davis Webb
Other rookie-(explain with a Post)
Free agent-(explain who with a Post)
Trade for a QB-(explain who with a Post)
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Dalton retires to become a Monk POLL. Who would you have be the long term QB ?
Wait..is this before or after everyone who follows the Bengals craps their pants? We need to know this because if it happens I want to invest in toilet paper futures first. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2017, 03:15 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Ha! That's a good one. Although it really wouldn't be a complete shock. Those that follow Dalton and his wife on Instagram can clearly see they are the biggest Jesus freaks on the planet. Maybe Dalton will leave for that "higher calling" at some point... But if that scenario happens in the coming weeks, you gotta roll with McCarron for the year.

As far as backup, I'd go with a veteran... Maybe Cutler or Clausen. Either way, we're boned. I don't like a single QB in this upcoming draft. If we fall off a cliff with McCarron, I'd be ecstatic if we could get Sam Darnold in next years draft

You gotta admit nothing sells tickets like aggressive Jesus freaking .. Just ask another certain former QB who  is currently trying to prove that prayer will turn him into the next Babe Ruth. I'm not particularly convinced, but then again I'm not the next Babe Ruth.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I voted Mccarron.Being thrown into the fire like he was and being able to remain composed impressed me a lot.
The way the kid carries himself with that confidence I'm convinced given the same years under his belt as Andy he would be just as good if not better.Qb is a mind game and the kid doesn't let the pressure get to him.
Reply/Quote
I would just keep McCarron for the season and see how he plays through a full season. I'm not particularly excited about any of the guys this year so if McCarron bombs it I would be all for taking Sam Darnold next year. If he leaves that is.

Which means I can't vote because this option isn't on there.  Tongue
Reply/Quote
If it broke don't fix it! AJ already knows the system! Kapernik NO!!!!!!!
Reply/Quote
We need one of you artistic types to give us a pic of Andy with a monk-type haircut. Pleeeeeease?
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Why would Dalton become a Monk,unless he doesn't  need the money? Keep AJ and go with free agency until we could maybe pick up a QB in the draft! ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2017, 06:08 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No "Cardale Jones" option?

Someone does not understand this fan base.

well fred he is on a team so that would go under Trade for.... and explain in your post.
Reply/Quote
You obviously start McCarron in this scenario.
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2017, 08:43 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Have you seen Dalton's wife?  He's not becoming a monk

She's looking rather plain nowadays, though no surprise caring for two young kids. A far cry from the beautiful blond Dalton "accidentally" boob-punched after his name was called on draft day. Of course, she's far from ugly. But she can't compete with the wives of Mccarron, tannehill, Bortles, etc.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2017, 08:24 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: She's looking rather plain nowadays, though no surprise caring for two young kids. A far cry from the beautiful blond Dalton "accidentally" boob-punched after his name was called on draft day. Of course, she's far from ugly. But she can't compete with the wives of Mccarron, tannehill, Bortles, etc.

Disagree.  Those so-called trophy wives look like models:  too damn skinny.  JJ Dalton is drop-dead gorgeous.  
Reply/Quote
Brad Kaaya just seems to have "it" to me.
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote