Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bernard Made a Terrible Decision
Gio really messed up on the last drive. Instead of running straight for the sidelines on the dump off he turned upfield to gain a couple more yards. That decision wasted valuable time and put the offense into a frenzy, forcing them to clock it.

In that situation stopping the clock is far more important that a few extra yards.

Lots of blame to go around yesterday but as a veteran Gio needs to be smarter.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I thought this was going to be about Bernard signing an extension and only getting 21 touches over 3 games for a total of 88 yards. Seems he would have preferred to go to a team that would use him more or at least have a better offense such that he could be more productive in limited touches.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Offensive play calling should have been smarter.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 04:23 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I thought this was going to be about Bernard signing an extension and only getting 21 touches over 3 games for a total of 88 yards. Seems he would have preferred to go to a team that would use him more or at least have a better offense such that he could be more productive in limited touches.

That’s what I was thinking as well lol
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 04:23 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I thought this was going to be about Bernard signing an extension and only getting 21 touches over 3 games for a total of 88 yards. Seems he would have preferred to go to a team that would use him more or at least have a better offense such that he could be more productive in limited touches.

100% was where my mind went too.

I still maintain that if Gio had gone to New Orleans, he would have been a perennial Pro Bowler in that Sean Payton/Drew Brees offense.

We saw a glimpse of what he could do in a good offensive scheme/OC in 2015, and that was with Dalton rather than Brees and being second fiddle to an ineffective Hill.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I didn’t think Dalton and the rest of the offense showed enough urgency all around tbh.

Reply/Quote
Yeah boneheaded decision I literally yelled " Idiot" out loud lol. He had a clear path to the sidelines with defenders closing in.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 04:20 PM)Daddy-O Wrote: Gio really messed up on the last drive.  Instead of running straight for the sidelines on the dump off he turned upfield to gain a couple more yards.  That decision wasted valuable time and put the offense into a frenzy, forcing them to clock it.

In that situation stopping the clock is far more important that a few extra yards.

Remember,we are going to go out there and take WHATS OURS.ITS A NEW-DEY!!!!!No you are not because the stinkin refs are always going to steal the game away from you by making terrible calls and unless you do something about it Mr Zac Taylor it will just continue,Auden Tate did not block that dude in the back,look at replay and we lost a TD because of another terrible crooked call.You,Mr Head Coach need to man up and get in their ass big time.I want to see you challenge their butts and maybe get ejected and if so.I want our whole team to play dirty as can be.We are not going to be awarded a win even though we should have won if not for the stinkin refs. :paul: :paul: :paul: :paul: :paul: :paul:
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 04:20 PM)Daddy-O Wrote: Gio really messed up on the last drive.  Instead of running straight for the sidelines on the dump off he turned upfield to gain a couple more yards.  That decision wasted valuable time and put the offense into a frenzy, forcing them to clock it.

Gio is not that good and gets caught behind the line a ton.I been sayin why don't they put that dude in behind Joe that they got from his school.He is a muscle stud and joe says he can really ball.I want to see someone that can bust it up in there or hit the hole and Joe says this guy is a beast and can really really play.I mean,he was awarded all kinds of yards in college and he is someone they should give a chance.We will NEVER win anything with Gio.He is not that good. :paul: :paul: :paul: :paul: :paul:
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 04:35 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: That’s what I was thinking as well lol

Dalton is horrible, and needs to go.Put Finley in at least we would have a chance,Old Andy will get sacked 5 times on MNF and will cost us another game.He has already lost 3 and yes it is his fault.Watch the replays,dude is not good enough,period and his line SUCKS. Here we go its a NEW-DEY.O---and 16.Draft time.
Reply/Quote
Dalton, Mixon, Gio, Boyd, Ross, Eifert - all of the skill players - need at the very least a DECENT line.

Even slightly below average will probably do.

What we have is one of, if not the worst in the NFL.

But yeah regarding thread topic, Gio probably got excited that he actually had some room to run and had a brain fart.

Reply/Quote
This is really nit-picking, to blame Gio for trying to get extra yards. Maybe, when he caught the ball, he thought he saw enough of a crease to take it all the way? It really isn't beyond his capabilities to do so..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Leave Gio alone, he got his top 15 RB paycheck and put Shazier to retirement & baby steps. The man is Bengal Legend.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 06:16 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: Gio is not that good and gets caught behind the line a ton.I been sayin why don't they put that dude in behind Joe that they got from his school.He is a muscle stud and joe says he can really ball.I want to see someone that can bust it up in there or hit the hole and Joe says this guy is a beast and can really really play.I mean,he was awarded all kinds of yards in college and he is someone they should give a chance.We will NEVER win anything with Gio.He is not that good. :paul: :paul: :paul: :paul: :paul:

well if the ol stopped guys from getting behind the line it might be different gio has that home run ability or used to
Reply/Quote

They also should have used the time out.  Learning process.  
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2019, 10:11 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: well if the ol stopped guys from getting behind the line it might be different gio has that home run ability or used to

Not really. Here are his longest runs from each season:

2013 - 35
2014 - 89
2015 - 28
2016 - 17
2017 - 25
2018 - 23

Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 05:09 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: 100% was where my mind went too.

I still maintain that if Gio had gone to New Orleans, he would have been a perennial Pro Bowler in that Sean Payton/Drew Brees offense.

We saw a glimpse of what he could do in a good offensive scheme/OC in 2015, and that was with Dalton rather than Brees and being second fiddle to an ineffective Hill.

I think in fairness to Gio, he (and likely any RB) needs more than two touches in a half to kind of "get in the groove of the game".  

I know everyone will say that it is not how we are built and that Taylor's offense is 11 personnel, blah, blah, blah, but I would really like to see the Bengals line up with two TEs (Sample and Uzo) and run the ball time and time again against pitt.

And where is the damn jet sweep?  Every team has been killing us with that because our LBs can't get side to side...does anyone think that opposing LBs appreciate that Ross isn't cutting across the backfield every other snap?  Waste.  

If Dalton has Mixon or Gio to his left, and Ross is coming from his right at full speed (and you actually have to give it to Ross a time or two) then the counter is a handoff to Mixon or Gio cutting back across the direction Ross came from.  I have seen KC do this exceptionally well.  It absolutely freezes the defensive ends and the LBs.  Why on earth are they not using this?  
Reply/Quote
Fact is the production Gio provides at RB is a dime a dozen and the Bengals way overpaid him with resourses needed to beef up the LB/OL groups.This fan base gets too caught up in "fan favorites".
Reply/Quote