Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dalton's last 200 NFL pass attempts
(08-26-2015, 09:02 PM)jason Wrote: Somebody needs to get laid.
By someone other than Some Math?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2015, 02:19 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Hmm, I guess when Dalton isn't tossing up one of the worst performances possible he's either being average OR really turning a corner!  The more you know!

He had a pair of good performances, one "average" game and one terrible game.

So again, I'd say his performance was better than most on the team. Would you not agree?

IMO, the team mostly sucked donkey nuts in 3 out of 4 of those games. The Broncos game being the lone exception.

Dalton was one of the lone bright spots in the Pats and Steelers games.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2015, 04:44 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Michael Bennett from the Seahawks said it best: Quarterback is the only position in the NFL where you can be mediocre and still get paid. Ladies and gentlemen..... I give you Andy Dalton.

I have been trying to explain this to people here for a while.  A top 20 QB is a very valuable thing.  There are not enough "average" QBs for every team to have one, and they are not that easy to find.  Projecting college QBs to the NFL is a total crap shoot, and there are no good or "average" QBs on the free agent market because when a team gets one they lock him up with a long term contract.

Dalton is just one year removed from finishing 3rd in tds, 7th in yards, and 15th in passer rating.  And that was with a bunch of inexperienced receivers and a weak running game.

Dalton doesn't get injured and he almost never fumbles.  Of the 27 QBs who have at least 30 starts during Daltons career only only QB has a better games played to fumble ratio.  Matt Ryan has fumbled once every 3.56 games to Dalton's 3.37.

But I don't think he could survive here with another playoff clunker.  It would just be too much for him to bear up under.  He would need a change of scenery.
Reply/Quote