Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dalton's make or break year
(08-07-2019, 01:40 PM)fredtoast Wrote: If it is stupid then just answer the question.

If QB greatness is defined by prime time games then you should be able to say off the top of your head what prime time performance made Ben and Matt great QBs.

I remember Ben having a 22 QB rating in the Super Bowl. Granted the Steelers won, but I'd say the win was due to everyone else (including the officials  Mellow ) but Ben.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2019, 04:37 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Tom Brady's worst quarter is the 4th. For his career, his 4th quarter passer rating is a full 2 points lower than any other quarter.

His rating drops 5.4 more points when trailing with less than 4 minutes to go.

So I'd gather that the 4th quarter being the worst quarter is a common tale with QB's.

The facts are that he was leading and his teams were so far ahead they ran the ball to run out the clock Thus the fourth quarter stats.
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2019, 03:54 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: The facts are that he was leading and his teams were so far ahead they ran the ball to run out the clock Thus the fourth quarter stats.

Throwing the ball less doesnt decrease passer rating
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2019, 02:25 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I can't wait to see what the excuses are this year. 

Mellow

If he does well it will be the standard "He had great talent around him".

Or if he throws 4 tds in a half they won't count if he doesn't throw more in the second half.

Basically just the same old BS.
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2019, 03:54 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: The facts are that he was leading and his teams were so far ahead they ran the ball to run out the clock Thus the fourth quarter stats.

You talking about Dalton or Brady?

(08-07-2019, 07:20 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Throwing the ball less doesnt decrease passer rating

Well, it does if the incompletions and/or interceptions go up while pass attempts go down. Just sayin'
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2019, 12:19 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Well, it does if the incompletions and/or interceptions go up while pass attempts go down. Just sayin'

It goes up in rating if they make good throws, and that makes it a wash imo. I'm not a fan of passer rating, but it's even more worthless on telling if someone is good the smaller the sample size and the smaller attempts per game.
Reply/Quote
It's just pre-season...but Haskins looks awful.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(07-09-2019, 08:51 PM)motoarch Wrote: That's not the point and you know it.

The point is a guy like Tom Brady doesn't need his best players suited up and playing well.  He can toss it to any scrub behind a line made of Swiss cheese and still win.

Partial credit: No quarterback can succeed behind a leaky line.
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2019, 01:10 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Partial credit: No quarterback can succeed behind a leaky line.

This is just not true. Wilson has done it for years, and Watson had a good season last year behind a bad OL.

Reply/Quote
(08-11-2019, 01:53 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: This is just not true. Wilson has done it for years, and Watson had a good season last year behind a bad OL.

True. QBs have done it and there are many ways to do it. 

One thing that should help this year, something i saw last night, is the route combinations. Watching several games from last year (coaches film on Game Pass) it was astounding the number of times every single receiver ran at least 10 yards before making some kind of break. Watching last night was refreshing to see WRs slanting across the middle right off the line of scrimmage or some quick button hooks. I also saw much more crossing of receivers. 

Given a bit of time, Dalton can carve teams up. I just want to see him do it consistently during prime time and in the playoffs. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2019, 07:20 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Throwing the ball less doesnt decrease passer rating

So a QB that doesn't throw will have a rating as high as a QB is playing from behind against a prevent defense? It may not hurt QBR but it sure doesn't help it. Stats are bloated when the game gets out of reach.
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2019, 06:05 PM)Earendil Wrote: When did bfine hack faulk's account?

omg...

Almost 2 months later and i finally get it!

lol   Smirk

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote